C.J. Updates ?

CJPearl2

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want the record to show that I made no public predictions about CJ's injury.

That said, I was 100% convinced it was either a broken collarbone or separated shoulder. Seriously, given how much pain he was in, the immediate call for help from the bench by Lee Smith, the way they immobilized his arm...sure looked like it had to be one of those two to me.

Even though this still sucks, Schefty's tweet made my night. Hopefully FJ is back and 100% next week.

I was devastated when Spiller went down...to hear that he may be sidelined only 1-2 weeks is music to my ears.

Get well soon, CJ!!

No way they play CJ against the Pats*, maybe there is some outside shot Freddie can take some snaps. Its a long season Choice and White can run decent behind this line. Lets hope this O-line is the real reason for the teams success in the ground game.

Still I think this game against the Pats* is going to be rough lets hope our D is up for the task.

I hope Freddy will be ready for Sunday, but even if he is not, I am very confident that Choice can keep a steady ground game. Obviously he does not have the homerun factor of a Spiller or Freddy, but he will get consistent, solid runs... Chandler is going to have a field day, and keep an eye out for TJ deep (like what Torrey Smith did tonight). The only thing the Pats have going for them, is their reputation... GO BILLS

Schefter recent tweet...

This is the best news to come out after the win. We definitely need Spiller and Jackson for the west coast road trip to the Bay area and the desert.

Link from ESPN: http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416744/buffalo-bills-cj-spiller-leaves-injured-shoulder

I hope Freddy will be ready for Sunday, but even if he is not, I am very confident that Choice can keep a steady ground game. Obviously he does not have the homerun factor of a Spiller or Freddy, but he will get consistent, solid runs... Chandler is going to have a field day, and keep an eye out for TJ deep (like what Torrey Smith did tonight). The only thing the Pats have going for them, is their reputation... GO BILLS

Our OL has been outstanding. I think they can control the line of scrimmage (Even though they will go against a tough patriots front-7 led by the veteran and dirty Vince Wilfork). If they can shorten the game by running the ball effectively and keeping Brady and his super start WR/TEs off the field, we definitely have a chance. Of course the 12th Man will be huge come this Sunday.,

The way he was holding it it looked like a seperated shoulder (not dislocated, they are different). I have seperated my right and left in the past, and depending on the seerity of them you could miss 8 weeks or go back in the game with a brace the way Locker did last week.

There are three ligaments that hold the shoulder joint in place, and you can seperate 1, 2, or all 3. The way he landed it looked like he may have sperated the one which holds the shoulder joint out, ie keeping it from being pushed in toward the body, and maybe the one that holds it up to the collar bone too.

Being a running back, they may be able to brace it up and lock his arm in place and he will be back sooner rather than later. But we probably wont be able to pass to him too much as he wont be able to lift his one hand above his head.

Is Jackson really going to be back? That would be huge.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416744/buffalo-bills-cj-spiller-leaves-injured-shoulder

Bills running back C.J. Spiller is scheduled to have an MRI on Monday on his left shoulder, which he injured during Sunday's 24-14 win against the Browns, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The source said Spiller's collarbone is intact, and doctors don't believe he will be sidelined much beyond next week. The belief, according to the source, is he sprained a shoulder joint.

Nevertheless, Spiller won't play in Week 4 against the Patriots, coach Chan Gailey said after Sunday's game.

"I don't believe it's long, long term," Gailey said. "If he missed a week that's long for me. He's going to be out for sure this week and then we'll see."

Tashard Choice replaced Spiller, who had gained 16 yards on four carries and caught two passes for 42 before he was injured. what?????

I hope that was just worded poorly

Jackson was scheduled to return to practice this week