Shame on Bills Fans

XXL Franchize

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We cheered for him shortly after that.

Other than a couple poorly thrown balls no where near defenders, I think he had a pretty solid game. I'd take this week's performance most weeks, honestly. Just manage the game, make a few plays with your feet, hand the ball off, keep the team together and moving. One of the things Fitz is best at, imo, is reading a defense and making adjustments at the line. At least when it's not funky zone defenses from NYJ.

People do have a right to boo. But I would hate Buffalo to become Philly where home-team players are regularly booed and some players actually prefer away games.

Personally, I will never boo a Bill. Players who feel supported tend to perform better than players who feel unappreciated. I'll trust the coaches to jack up a player who needs it. But coaches usually encourage their players and build up their confidence to get them to peak performance. So I'll play my role in helping the Bills win when I'm at a game (which, unfortunately, isn't often) by cheering until my voice is gone.

I liked it when Gailey told some fans, "When you dog one of us, you dog all of us." I won't dog any Bill who wants to help the Bills win, even if his best efforts aren't good enough. I save my boos for players on other teams. I'm a Bills fan which - to me - means I'm a fan of every Bill.

I'd say most bills fans are fed up with you beating the dead horse that is fitz being a backup qb. We get it you don't like him now shut up about it already or get over it. The op was simply stating that booing your own qb on the first pass of the game is just going to make his confidence go down when as fans try to pick him up and help him get his confidence up. Not anywhere did he say fitz played a great game. Even though he didn't play a bad game at all. I was there as well yesterday and was not happy about the pass but i also knew it was way too early to start booing him.

Stay classy blind homer!

I'm as much of a homer as you are a troll. I can live with that either way. Also I'm not blind Im not posting that fitz is elite and is our franchise qb i believe we need to draft a qb first pick next year no matter how fitz plays but if he plays decent like that and we win games then perfect ill take it. I'm not saying that you and maurader are wrong I just hear it all the time!

I was at a bar in Texas watching the game with about 30 other Bills fans...on the play where Fitz missed the wide open Chandler, the lunatic guy-fan in our group (always the loudest, got booted once while we were watching a Sabres game, for being too loud), slams his fist on the table and yells "Fitzpatrick you suck!!", very loudly...some people chuckled, but there was a kind of uncomfortable feeling in the room for a second or two... then, a few drives later, Bills were lined up in a formation where they had all their receivers bunched together on the line, to his left...Fitz snaps the ball, looks to his right, and IIRC, has to throw the ball away... they show the replay, and it looks like TJ Graham is wide open on the left side...the announcer says "Fitzpatrick obviously saw something he didn't like on that play"....as if on cue, lunatic fan yells out "yeah..he saw a freakin' wide open reciever!!!" Everyone laughed... then the Bills started running away with it...everyone was happy...everyone loved Fitz!

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

That was the worst throw I've seen since Mathison was the quarterback. Good on Bills fans for letting Fitz know what is acceptable and what isn't. Keep it up; the team is 1-0 when we let Fitz know!

I'm as much of a homer as you are a troll. I can live with that either way. Also I'm not blind Im not posting that fitz is elite and is our franchise qb i believe we need to draft a qb first pick next year no matter how fitz plays but if he plays decent like that and we win games then perfect ill take it. I'm not saying that you and maurader are wrong I just hear it all the time!

Don't listen then. You don't even know what a troll is. You like to attack rather than offer anything but undying homerism, and silliness . But you did say once that you thought Fitz is better than Eli.You still feel that way? Didn't think so. Please put me on ignore. Thanks.

I was absolutely pissed after Fitz one hopped that pass to Chandler.....I thought he bounced back some....he needs to be better

Exactly...

And to the OP...Opening Day? Really? Any idea what Fitz's numbers were like for the 10 previous games combined? The booing had nothing to do with Opening Day pettiness and everything to do with...well...Fitz... B-)

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

If you don't like the fans booing stay in New England. Nobody asked you to come to the game. The boos were deserved.

All Fans boo their teams or starters when they constantly underperform , it's not a Jets thing it's a sports thing.

go to a different restaurant.

So you're saying we should stop being Bills fans and pick the flavor of the year.

He definitely missed some throws but he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't have a great game or anything but my point is that fans should be extended teammates...we all want the same thing. A teammate that kicks another teammate while he's down is just a bad teammate.

Wrong. Paying admission or buying Bills gear makes us more stockholders than teammates. And even we were teammates, we would still let Fitz know when he's not performing. Or do good teammates lie to each other?

People do have a right to boo. But I would hate Buffalo to become Philly where home-team players are regularly booed and some players actually prefer away games.

Personally, I will never boo a Bill. Players who feel supported tend to perform better than players who feel unappreciated. I'll trust the coaches to jack up a player who needs it. But coaches usually encourage their players and build up their confidence to get them to peak performance. So I'll play my role in helping the Bills win when I'm at a game (which, unfortunately, isn't often) by cheering until my voice is gone.

I liked it when Gailey told some fans, "When you dog one of us, you dog all of us." I won't dog any Bill who wants to help the Bills win, even if his best efforts aren't good enough. I save my boos for players on other teams. I'm a Bills fan which - to me - means I'm a fan of every Bill.

Agree entirely. Players don't play better when there are being booed. They are pros they know when they are stinking it up

I was also there, but I didn't boo. It was more of me throwing up my arms and screaming at the sky. I'm 21 years old and haven't seen a Bills playoff game since 4th grade. 4TH GRADE!!! If you were atleast coherent enough to watch the superbowl years, I don't wan't to hear it. The most fond memory of this team I've witnessed has been the Music City Miracle. No wonder most people my age only go to the games to get drunk.

Look at the bright side: Buffalo is nothing like Philly, so atleast no one threw batteries at his head. Edited by TakeYouToTasker