Shame on Bills Fans

XXL Franchize

Who are you booing? Fitz because he's not trying or doesn't care? Gailey because he continues to play him? Nix for giving him the big contract? Whose behavior are you trying to modify exactly by booing? All of the above? I'm seriously curious.

I'm pretty sure most if not all were booing the horrible throw. Stop grasping. No one is suggesting Fitz "doesn't care."

And the OP is exaggerating. There weren't that many boos after that play.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like it either, how about a giant sigh of sorrow from the crowd. Im serious, Fitz is our QB so we have to do everything possible as fans to keep his spirits up, that doesnt mean kissing his ass, it means giving him at least a couple games into the season before we throw him overboard. These players are doing the best they can, lets roll with them as a TEAM. LETS GO FITZPATRICK!!!

Who are you booing? Fitz because he's not trying or doesn't care? Gailey because he continues to play him? Nix for giving him the big contract? Whose behavior are you trying to modify exactly by booing? All of the above? I'm seriously curious.

Booing has nothing to do with caring or effort.... those are reasons why you don't boo a JV QB.... it doesn't pertain to an NFL player. Booing doesn't have to have consequences, it can just be voicing displeasure. If a quarterback melts from booing, then I guess you are doing the team a favor by revealing a mentally fragile player who doesn't deserve the jersey. Don't overthink it.

Don't know the details because obviously I'm not privy to them. But to answer your question, I'm booing the decision to go with him and not even have a back up worth his pay. Or a developmental quarterback to pressure the guy. We have nothing else. I'm old school, the BS argument of building confidence in him by having NO competition is silly, and backfiring. This is the NFL. Not summer camp.

As for Fitz not trying or not caring? No way does Fitz not care or trying, in fact he's trying his best! Not even questionable. It's not getting it done though. It's year 8!

Booing has nothing to do with caring or effort.... those are reasons why you don't boo a JV QB.... it doesn't pertain to an NFL player. Booing doesn't have to have consequences, it can just be voicing displeasure. If a quarterback melts from booing, then I guess you are doing the team a favor by revealing a mentally fragile player who doesn't deserve the jersey. Don't overthink it.

All I know is that when when someone lustily boos their displeasure over one play, then high-fives equally lustily over the same bum who just made a great play, you look like a f'n tool. Like your booing had a direct relationship on their performance.

Don't know the details because obviously I'm not privy to them. But to answer your question, I'm booing the decision to go with him and not even have a back up worth his pay. Or a developmental quarterback to pressure the guy. We have nothing else. I'm old school, the BS argument of building confidence in him by having NO competition is silly, and backfiring. This is the NFL. Not summer camp.

As for Fitz not trying or not caring? No way does Fitz not care or trying, in fact he's trying his best! Not even questionable. It's not getting it done though. It's year 8!

by the way, I agree with you.

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

The two statements that I bolded irk me.

We don't owe Fitzpatrick anything, matter of fact because he's getting paid to be a professional quarterback I suppose you could say that he 'owes' Ralph and the team. We don't owe any player anything.

So we owe him and he deserves? Why does he deserve the support of the fans? What has he done to earn that support? Does putting on the jersey mean that we owe him and he deserves our support?

The only thing that Fitzpatrick's play has done so far is turn Gailey from a "In today's NFL you have to pass to open up the run" coach into a "We would rather be a physical run team that throws it when they have to or throws it on surprise situations" coach.

And BTW Gailey's statement is music to my ears. Trouble is I don't believe that he can do it. He'll still have Fitz throw too often in many games and he'll still tinker with the wildcat.

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

Shame on me then cuz I was at the game and probably was one of the 1st ones and loudest ones boo'ing... He deserved that BOO... I think he handled the rest of the game fine though...

All I know is that when when someone lustily boos their displeasure over one play, then high-fives equally lustily over the same bum who just made a great play, you look like a f'n tool. Like your booing had a direct relationship on their performance.

I'd love to watch the game in a vacuum and without context like you do. If Fitz was coming off a nice game, there would be no boos. The guy was coming off a terrible game and looked like he picked up where he left off. To his credit, he picked himself up off the mat and had a serviceable day. Get over yourself by thinking that the booing had a direct effect on anything. You watch the game like you do, and i'll do my own thing. I'd recommend shelving the name calling though.

Doesn't make sense to boo Fitz. He did suck last week but the defense sucked too. He had a bad game. He isn't an elite qb but he can get make some throws and read defenses and get you in the right play. Give us 14 more of that type of game we saw Sunday and I bet you we win more than we lose. Fitz is tough, kept drives alive when he had to with his feet, made some throws and missed some others. I did like that he didn't try to force it when nothing was there. The first pass to Chandler he spent too much time looking to the other side of the field. He picked up Chandler late and chucked the ball low were it couldn't be intercepted. Mellow out on Fitz and support your team. He's a capable QB who is smart and his teammates really like. He's a leader,family man and solid citizen. He always has his teammates backs.

There hasn't been a good Bills QB for an entire season since the late nineties, which not coincidentally is the last time the franchise advanced to the post-season. To quote Vince Lombardi, "Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

A habit on TBD is being gun-shy to criticize the team for fear of not being called a real fan. Yesterday's win was a good one, but if they're going to continue doing that defenses are going to make RF beat them. And right now if you can't hit that pass to Chandler 10 out of 10 times it's going to be hard to beat the top AFC teams.

And I'll boo if I want to when the team isn't cutting it. It's my right as a fan, especially when I show up and spend my day there expecting to see a W.

I'd love to watch the game in a vacuum and without context like you do. If Fitz was coming off a nice game, there would be no boos. The guy was coming off a terrible game and looked like he picked up where he left off. To his credit, he picked himself up off the mat and had a serviceable day. Get over yourself by thinking that the booing had a direct effect on anything. You watch the game like you do, and i'll do my own thing. I'd recommend shelving the name calling though.

Just an observation of mine. Have a nice day. Go Bills...

There hasn't been a good Bills QB for an entire season since the late nineties, which not coincidentally is the last time the franchise advanced to the post-season. To quote Vince Lombardi, "Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

A habit on TBD is being gun-shy to criticize the team for fear of not being called a real fan. Yesterday's win was a good one, but if they're going to continue doing that defenses are going to make RF beat them. And right now if you can't hit that pass to Chandler 10 out of 10 times it's going to be hard to beat the top AFC teams.

And I'll boo if I want to when the team isn't cutting it. It's my right as a fan, especially when I show up and spend my day there expecting to see a W.

IIRC Jim Kelly was booed as well.

I watched the game today. Heard boos on the horrible throw to Chandler. Also heard a lot of cheers on Fitz' runs. It's football. Cheer, boo, paint your body, whatever floats your boat. What's despicable is when fans vandalize a players house because he fumbled (Leodis).

Not apologizing for Fitz but coming into tonight's game, he had the fourth highest Total QBR for the week (88.3). Might not have looked or felt like it, but it's true. Do the boo-birds want Thigpen? Careful what you wish for.

Yes! QBR! It tells the whole story! If I was there, I'd have booed as well.

Doesn't make sense to boo Fitz. He did suck last week but the defense sucked too. He had a bad game. He isn't an elite qb but he can get make some throws and read defenses and get you in the right play. Give us 14 more of that type of game we saw Sunday and I bet you we win more than we lose. Fitz is tough, kept drives alive when he had to with his feet, made some throws and missed some others. I did like that he didn't try to force it when nothing was there. The first pass to Chandler he spent too much time looking to the other side of the field. He picked up Chandler late and chucked the ball low were it couldn't be intercepted. Mellow out on Fitz and support your team. He's a capable QB who is smart and his teammates really like. He's a leader,family man and solid citizen. He always has his teammates backs.

Considering Chandler was running away from him and he short hopped the defender who was trailing, it was a terrible throw that should have been thrown over the top. If you're going to miss, it's because the ball was overthrown. Fitz deserved the boo's and he survived them. Hopefully he will improve, if not TJ will get a chance. I think Chan realizes he either needs solid plays from the qb or we will be running the ball because the Bills need to win and contend for a playoff spot in late December this year, regardless of injuries.

I'd like to take this opportunity to applaud the fans who booed. Way to stand up for your team! -Fans are demandinding a better product on the field, and now Fitz knows it. -If VY was still here, Fitz may have had an even bigger problem. However the bearded one made sure VY got the boot after pre-season.

Edited by #34fan

Maybe the Bills fans are fed up with a back up quarterback as their starter? How else do you tell management you have had enough, or are you saying Fitz played a good game yesterday?

I'd say most bills fans are fed up with you beating the dead horse that is fitz being a backup qb. We get it you don't like him now shut up about it already or get over it. The op was simply stating that booing your own qb on the first pass of the game is just going to make his confidence go down when as fans try to pick him up and help him get his confidence up. Not anywhere did he say fitz played a great game. Even though he didn't play a bad game at all. I was there as well yesterday and was not happy about the pass but i also knew it was way too early to start booing him.

I'd say most bills fans are fed up with you beating the dead horse that is fitz being a backup qb. We get it you don't like him now shut up about it already or get over it. The op was simply stating that booing your own qb on the first pass of the game is just going to make his confidence go down when as fans try to pick him up and help him get his confidence up. Not anywhere did he say fitz played a great game. Even though he didn't play a bad game at all. I was there as well yesterday and was not happy about the pass but i also knew it was way too early to start booing him.

I think you are fed up with that. I'm certainly not. I'd say Best Player is correct. Picks is a backup at best and once OBD comes to that realization, we can keep running the ball and shed that brutal contract we signed him to.