Packers could shop Jennings before trade deadline

Coach Tuesday

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/trade-him-fi6rd6e-169565026.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I know this sounds more like fantasy football, but this would be a PERFECT opportunity to fill a critical need. He'd certainly be worth a 2nd, and perhaps they could lower the draft pick if they throw in a player (the Packers need a CB - do we have any young CBs who have run out of chances in Buffalo and could use a change of scenery? McHmmm...).

Hopefully there is fire to this smoke and Buddy at least explores the possibility. He'll need a new contract but the Bills have room.

Guy has missed 7 games in 6 years...granted, three of them last year. He is saying he will play tonight, but the Packers may not risk anything with him...get the sense if it was a "must" game for the Pack, he would play. I don't know if that qualifies him as injury prone. I would take a shot at getting him...29 isn't that old. Our only other options are getting guys who are on their "last stand" at a bargain price (Plax, TO, etc etc) or guys that haven't been able to stick with an NFL team. At some point, if the Bills want to take that next step, they might have to pursue a guy with another 4 or 5 good years in him, instead of nobodys or has-beens. They made a bold move to acquire Mario Williams to address a huge, ongoing need, WR seems like another one of those kinds of needs...I am not saying I all in on this, but I wouldn't dismiss the notion, just because the guy might have to get paid. That is to me, respectfully, the attitude that the Bills, for too long, have passed off to fans (some buy in, some don't)...time for a fresh approach.

Edited by Buftex

http://www.jsonline...._medium=twitter

I know this sounds more like fantasy football, but this would be a PERFECT opportunity to fill a critical need. He'd certainly be worth a 2nd, and perhaps they could lower the draft pick if they throw in a player (the Packers need a CB - do we have any young CBs who have run out of chances in Buffalo and could use a change of scenery? McHmmm...).

Hopefully there is fire to this smoke and Buddy at least explores the possibility. He'll need a new contract but the Bills have room.

Boy could this team use him, what sorry receiving depth we have-but, a second rounder, no way. Not for a guy who will be a free agent after this year and wants Larry Fitzgerald money (which is why they may be shopping him). Maybe if this team was one receiver away from being a playoff or super bowl contender, but we aren't that at all with the QB that we have.

No "impact player" gets traded during the season. Its not like NHL.

It would take too much time for them to learn the plays, establish a routine with the QB etc..

CBF

Huh? Greg Bell, Eric Dickerson and a bunch of 1st rounders for what amounted to a rookie who hadn't played a down yet, on Halloween.

Sound familiar?

Huh? Greg Bell, Eric Dickerson and a bunch of 1st rounders for what amounted to a rookie who hadn't played a down yet, on Halloween.

Sound familiar?

I don't think it's impossible, but that was 25 years ago.

FWIW, the thread title is a bit misleading--- the linked article doesn't suggest that the Packers are actually considering it but rather that they should due to stalled contract talks.

If the Bills are hovering around .500 right before the trade deadline I would offer a 4th or 5th purely for a two thirds of the season rental. I wouldn't break the bank for the guy but if we are really struggling at WR I could see maybe putting in a mid rounder to try and temporarily remedy the situation.

Its likely never going to happen. But still if there is a quality WR available for a rental even I think you would have to consider it for a 4th or lower.

Edited by billsfan89

This isn't happening so let's move on. Not fantasy football.

Good player but we would never spend this money, give away these draft spots, and would do nothing until we have someone who can play qb.

That was by far the worst QB performance I've seen in a long time. It's sad when you thing rob Johnson could have done better, or maybe jp loseman.