Sullivan: really?

I put him in the subject: tag so everyone who's smarter than I can avoid this thread

I need a Sullivan detector that IDs his stuff before I click on the TBD links, really I do. I've always thought he was a little grey cloud of doom raining on everything. Now I think he's an egomaniacal twit, the sort of guy who would like to rip on a car for having 4 wheels or a police officer for wearing a uniform.

In this week's article, he rips Super Mario. Now there are reasons to rip Super Mario right now. In his 1st game, he was more of a dud than a stud. And then, he came across as a whinger for complaining about the replacement refs. It happens. Deal, Super.

That's not creative enough for Mr. Black Cloud. No, why is he ripping on Mario?

ForMario saying he doesn't watch TV. Apparently, every American MUST watch TV:

"I don't watch TV, man," Williams said. "Never have, never will. I think I've said that about a million times in my last seven years."

I'm not sure what's harder to believe - that any red-blooded American would claim to have never watched a minute of television, or that an NFL player with a Twitter account and a cell phone, not to mention friends, teammates and relatives, could be ignorant of a public media attack."

Jerry snarks:

"Anyone who shuns TV must have his priorities in order (But really, Mario? No news shows or Jeopardy, not even PBS?)."

Jerry, get over yourself and get over your inflated opinion of your profession. I think I might have turned on the TV for a few minutes - Monday night maybe. Or maybe it was Sunday. I watched part of Sunday night football, after my kid went to bed, I think. I don't think I'm unique. I don't find it hard to believe Mario at all.

I'm sure Mario heard about the comments, from teammates and friends. But if he doesn't choose to react or chooses to respond literally "I didn't hear them, I don't watch TV", that's your problem, not his - he didn't give you quotes for a good story. Call the "Wambulance". But ripping on the guy for saying he doesn't pay attention to you and your colleagues, the media, is so lame it might as well be legless.

Then Jerry moves on to ripping Mario for failing to defend the Bills franchise. " instead of feigning ignorance, Williams could have defended the organization, gotten behind his embattled quarterback, and re-asserted his belief that the Bills are a rising Super Bowl contender." What if he had defended the organization and asserted that belief? Then you and your media buds would have ripped him for talking the talk when he hasn't walked the walk yet.

The time for words is past, it's actions that count now. And don't rip on a guy who gets that.

Or who doesn't pay attention to you and your buds.

I agree with Sullivan. NBC basically asked "why did Mario sign with such a loser organization that will never make the playoffs". Take the money and run?? This was an opportunity to defend his teammates and the organization.

The whole defense was concerning starting with the scheme this week - seemed to be no rush, just contain and play off the wide receivers. So there is the defense for Mario's play. However he seems very passive to say the least.

1. Mario says in the article "Like I said, by any means necessary. I've got to take care of it, put everything to the side, and try to get to the quarterback" TRY TO GET TO THE QUARTERBACK????

2.if a kid playing freshman football came home and said the tackle was doing what the Jets tackle did, most if not all responsible parents would say knock he hand away or do what it takes if the refs are not going to call it.

3. What do you think Bruce would have done? How about Kyle Williams? How about any NFL football player?

I am hoping Mario got home and went across the street to Jim Kelly's house. I got to believe Kelly would have had some motivating words for Mario.

I put him in the subject: tag so everyone who's smarter than I can avoid this thread

I need a Sullivan detector that IDs his stuff before I click on the TBD links, really I do. I've always thought he was a little grey cloud of doom raining on everything. Now I think he's an egomaniacal twit, the sort of guy who would like to rip on a car for having 4 wheels or a police officer for wearing a uniform.

In this week's article, he rips Super Mario. Now there are reasons to rip Super Mario right now. In his 1st game, he was more of a dud than a stud. And then, he came across as a whinger for complaining about the replacement refs. It happens. Deal, Super.

That's not creative enough for Mr. Black Cloud. No, why is he ripping on Mario?

ForMario saying he doesn't watch TV. Apparently, every American MUST watch TV:

"I don't watch TV, man," Williams said. "Never have, never will. I think I've said that about a million times in my last seven years."

I'm not sure what's harder to believe - that any red-blooded American would claim to have never watched a minute of television, or that an NFL player with a Twitter account and a cell phone, not to mention friends, teammates and relatives, could be ignorant of a public media attack."

Jerry snarks:

"Anyone who shuns TV must have his priorities in order (But really, Mario? No news shows or Jeopardy, not even PBS?)."

Jerry, get over yourself and get over your inflated opinion of your profession. I think I might have turned on the TV for a few minutes - Monday night maybe. Or maybe it was Sunday. I watched part of Sunday night football, after my kid went to bed, I think. I don't think I'm unique. I don't find it hard to believe Mario at all.

I'm sure Mario heard about the comments, from teammates and friends. But if he doesn't choose to react or chooses to respond literally "I didn't hear them, I don't watch TV", that's your problem, not his - he didn't give you quotes for a good story. Call the "Wambulance". But ripping on the guy for saying he doesn't pay attention to you and your colleagues, the media, is so lame it might as well be legless.

Then Jerry moves on to ripping Mario for failing to defend the Bills franchise. " instead of feigning ignorance, Williams could have defended the organization, gotten behind his embattled quarterback, and re-asserted his belief that the Bills are a rising Super Bowl contender." What if he had defended the organization and asserted that belief? Then you and your media buds would have ripped him for talking the talk when he hasn't walked the walk yet.

The time for words is past, it's actions that count now. And don't rip on a guy who gets that.

Or who doesn't pay attention to you and your buds.

his name was in the title of the article: "Jerry Sullivan: Super Mario gets a reality check".....

fact: super mario got DOMINATED by a no name player.....

fact: Rodney Harrison & Damien Woody were alot harsher on mario than jerry was.

fact: mario will respond, he is to good of a player.

analogy: the bills Fitzpatrick was the least sacked QB in the league last year.....NOT because we have the best O-line......but because fitz threw the ball in under 3 seconds most times......the jets and sanchez used the same strategy against us.

Why does anyone read this guy? Is it the moth to a flame sort of attraction? Or do Bills fans love reading a seriously crappy journalist who thrives on anything remotely negative.

People stopped paying attention to crap like maury Povich and jerry springer, and they finally went away. Now, if we all decide to stop reading his garbage, 2 bit hack articles, then maybe... juuuuust maybe the Buffalo news will get the message and replace him with someone else.

Why does anyone read this guy? Is it the moth to a flame sort of attraction? Or do Bills fans love reading a seriously crappy journalist who thrives on anything remotely negative.

People stopped paying attention to crap like maury Povich and jerry springer, and they finally went away. Now, if we all decide to stop reading his garbage, 2 bit hack articles, then maybe... juuuuust maybe the Buffalo news will get the message and replace him with someone else.

Perhaps this guy would be more acceptable?

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/150049-cheer-up/

Who would really believe a Baghdad Buffalo Bob announcing "All is well!" like a broken record?

I didn't read it that Subpar Mario was getting killed because he doesn't watch TV. It seemed more to me that Sullivan was underscoring the feebleness of the argument. Williams said he doesn't watch TV but also immediately complained about the officiating, then Gailey changed his story and said the secondary play hurt the pass rush, then someone leaked that his wrist was injured, and explicitly stated "I appreciate everybody pointing the fingers." So, Mario unequivocally knows he played subpar and that a mob of critics have been blasting him (and not just on TV). So the defense of "I don't watch TV" is lame. That's not what anyone should expect out of a team leader. Man up.

Sully is like the lone cloud on a sunny day that manages to block out the sun. On a cloudy day, he's the blackest of them all. I don't read Sully because I usually just get upset with his flawed, negative logic.

Btw, I didn't watch TV for about ten years. I didn't have a cable-subscription, dish or even an old-fashioned antenna. I didn't want to lie on my death-bed someday wondering why I wasted my life watching crime dramas and sitcoms. I only broke down and got a TV to watch football (Bills) games (going to sports bars got old). Though now that TV has invaded my home, I watch it for other things too.

Wow... These rips on Sullivan are getting tiresome... What do you expect out of an opinion piece (column) about a 100 million dollar guy (50 guaranteed) who got man handled in his opening debut. A love letter? He wrote an excellent column about it imho, he isn't even that critical, not by a long shot. Sullivan basicly says in between the lines that he still has hope and believe in this years team;

"But hey, it's only one week. There's no need to worry about Williams. Anyone who shuns TV must have his priorities in order."

"OK, so I've said the same things over the years. Harrison had a point. But instead of feigning ignorance, Williams could have defended the organization, gotten behind his embattled quarterback, and re-asserted his belief that the Bills are a rising Super Bowl contender.

Maybe that's not his nature. Fine. But I'll admit, I've had some of the same reservations about Williams lately. He seems a little too laid-back. I wonder if he liked the idea of Buffalo because, in addition to the great hunting, it was a good place to settle, a small town with a less-intrusive media, and less pressure to lead a team to the promised land."

Bottomline; he's not being overly critical, dead honest sure, but that is what his job is and what we as readers have come to expect of him. An honest critical opinion of the Bills.

I honestly don't understand where all the Sullivan bashing comes from. He writes an opinion article. What is he supposed to say over the last 15 years of covering this joke of a franchise? Is he supposed to write about how great it is that we are the only team in the league that has not made the playoffs this decade?

Jerry Sullivan is a hack. plain and simple. I love the statement you made about him being a black cloud over the Bills. So true, So true. He is a chronic complainer. Someone whom always gripes about what happened, instead of lending support where it is needed. The reason he still has a job at (BN) is that he is the lightning rod for controversy. We talk about him, and Shoop. That's why they stay in business. but honestly. They both are Doldts.

You don't need a detector. Just read the headlines of the articles and you'll be able to guess it's Sully most of the time. Seriously, try it. Particularly after we have a bad game.

"Guess the Sully" will one day be available in a home version.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with Sullivan. NBC basically asked "why did Mario sign with such a loser organization that will never make the playoffs". Take the money and run?? This was an opportunity to defend his teammates and the organization.

I find being angry at Mario for his response for something that NBC said is off the mark...

eff off Harrison and NBC... that's what every response on here should say.