when brooks goes to ir...

You sign a CB.

We need 5, IMO, especially with McGee's status in limbo although he says he is playing opening day, Rogers coming off an injury, AWilliams struggling, a rookie starter in Gilmore (although he will be fine) and Leodis (who has had a great camp but has struggled before when the games start.

That is a lot of questions marks, and it would be easier to deal with if Brooks was out for 1-3 weeks. But it's going to be about half the season.

You bring up a cb or wr who might play - if not in base packages, even special teams

Why do you bring up a DT to sit inactive to plan for maybe losing a guy next year? That makes no sense. Geathers is already practicing with the team. There's literally no benefit to bringing him up.

Edited by NoSaint

Look like McGee will be ready as he is practing today. But we will need another corner, perhaps Isaiah Green

Well he was practicing the week before the Steeler game when he got hurt, and he clearly wasn't 100% or in shape let alone game shape. I think we really won't see him play much until week three or so, but that is just a guess. Nothing solid. Hopefully he feels well and can play.

Mark Gaughn, who is both very wired and pretty astute about the team, thinks that the team is really trying to get McGee ready for week four, against the Pats, where he will be needed.

Well he was practicing the week before the Steeler game when he got hurt, and he clearly wasn't 100% or in shape let alone game shape. I think we really won't see him play much until week three or so, but that is just a guess. Nothing solid. Hopefully he feels well and can play.

Mark Gaughn, who is both very wired and pretty astute about the team, thinks that the team is really trying to get McGee ready for week four, against the Pats, where he will be needed.

Very astute indeed. The first three opponents are not known for their passing games.

do you sign hagan or some wr to the 53 as the inactive 6th wr?

or do you plan on the free agency of spencer johnson next year and activate clifton geathers...

seems geathers is a better talent, jmo

with our 5 wr, and dickerson, i think we go with geathers!

You have Big Men on the Brain, MDP, no offense intended.

The Bills kept 8 DL on the 53 man. It is not uncommon for a 4-3 team and was presaged by a Wannstache comment to the effect "when all is told we'll have a backup at every position".

If they'd wanted to keep 9, they would have kept Heard or Gilbert, guys who knew the playbook and whom they knew.

Ask yourself what makes more sense, having an extra backup on the roster when you've already got a backup at every position and this poor sot has never seen the playbook, or having a backup WR for the coach that likes 5 WR sets and only has 4 on the roster....and no, Dickerson is NOT a WR, not yet and maybe not ever, an interesting player maybe but not a WR and neither is Spiller.

You bring up a cb or wr who might play - if not in base packages, even special teams

Why do you bring up a DT to sit inactive to plan for maybe losing a guy next year? That makes no sense. Geathers is already practicing with the team. There's literally no benefit to bringing him up.

This.

You have Big Men on the Brain, MDP, no offense intended.

The Bills kept 8 DL on the 53 man. It is not uncommon for a 4-3 team and was presaged by a Wannstache comment to the effect "when all is told we'll have a backup at every position".

If they'd wanted to keep 9, they would have kept Heard or Gilbert, guys who knew the playbook and whom they knew.

Ask yourself what makes more sense, having an extra backup on the roster when you've already got a backup at every position and this poor sot has never seen the playbook, or having a backup WR for the coach that likes 5 WR sets and only has 4 on the roster....and no, Dickerson is NOT a WR, not yet and maybe not ever, an interesting player maybe but not a WR and neither is Spiller.

This.

While you are correct that neither Spiller nor Dickerson are WR, the point is that they will be both in the game and running the routes that a WR would be running (not the exact routes perhaps but the 3rd and 4th and 5th option. And they will be in there by design and because of their unique talents and not because we lack a #5 WR, let one a good one.

We'll know in a few hours but you got to think we need some DB help.

Roosie may have stuck around Buffalo for something like this.

We will see.

yeah, dont we have 5 healthy corners right now, and smith is a little banged up with the groin...

also, since its harder to play wr from a playbook standpoint, isnt it easier to bring in a cb, so therefore we would add the extra inactive wr?

it would really suck if someone take geathers off our ps... dude is talented...

do you sign hagan or some wr to the 53 as the inactive 6th wr?

or do you plan on the free agency of spencer johnson next year and activate clifton geathers...

seems geathers is a better talent, jmo

with our 5 wr, and dickerson, i think we go with geathers!

Yeah, I think the Bills have to be thinking about adding another wide out with they way Gailey loves to spread it out. I doubt they are looking at any of the guys they just cut though (maybe Roosevelt). I think they would be looking for someone either proven to be more talented, or with more upside than the guys we had. Sorry, but Easley, Hagan, and Roosevelt have all had time to prove they belong...They haven't.... Maybe they look at a Gaffney, or a young prospect that was a victim of waivers?

I think it will be a CB. They will pick a WR when they let go Thigpen in a couple of weeks.

The Bills kept 6 Corners (surprise to me), 4 Safeties, and Bryan Scott. They don't "need" a CB by any stretch, especially for week 1 against the Jet's.

Of Course they don't really NEED a WR either, with Smith...And with Spiller who will almost certainly see time at WR.

The problem is if either SJ, Nelson, or Jones get's hurt we have NO ONE capable of stepping up into those roles. Graham might be able to play the slot, but he is somewhat of a project I think and doesn't have nearly the hands or red zone ability Nelson does. Smith, well he's an "emergency" backup at both WR and QB. McKelvin and Rogers could step if needed I think, and they obviously think McGee is healthy enough to contribute.

Edited by Turbosrrgood