Schopp slammed Bills over Merriman, what do he think of Pats?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats signed injured vet Jonathan Fanene in the off season to a contract, paid him a 3 million dollar roster bonus, then cut him. I wonder if he think they are a joke?

When the Pats* do something like that, they are geniuses for taking a low risk, high reward gamble on a player. C'mon, this is the Pats* you're talking about.

Unfortunately, there's a better than even chance that Schopp has never heard of the NE Patriots*, let alone Jonathan Fanene.

GO BILLS!!!

Schoop is an idiot. For the last 2 years, he's never said anything that made anyone think he actually liked the Merriman signing. Now he bashes them that he's gone??? Confusing at best. All I've ever heard him say about SM is that he is a wildcats and can't be counted on.

Schoop is a complete idiot. He is the reason I will not listen to wgr. You would think the guy would know more bout sports considering its his JOB. Even my gf who was flipping thru the channels asked if I wanted to listen to GR so I said ok. She listened for 2 minutes and said who is this guy he knows less then me about the Bills!!!!!!!!

Yawn. $3M is a far cry from $10M.

The guy got re-injured on his first ever play in practice, made zero impact on the field and they had plenty of time to make that assessment.

And let's be honest -- if he truly had anything left, AJ Smith wouldn't have cut him. It's one thing to pick him up off waivers in a low-risk move. It's quite another to then hand him a lucrative extension when he's shown nothing on the field during a season where Freddy J is busting his tail playing with an under-market deal. This was a case of Buddy making a mistake -- he had a special place in his heart for Merriman, given that he drafted the guy. Plain and simple.

Overall Buddy has done a tremendous job building this team and I'm sure he wishes he could have this one back. He'd probably tell you that himself :)

SM was one of the main reasons the bills beat the pats. That alone was worth his tenure. It's not like he tied up cap space that they were in need of to retain some other key cog on the roster. Schopp can Monday morning qb every decision he wants.

Here is a very aptly written price Monday morning quarterbacking Schopp.

http://www.buffalowins.com/off-topic/articles/remember-the-weckamo-why-i-hate-mike-schopp-and-you-should-too.html

SM was one of the main reasons the bills beat the pats. That alone was worth his tenure. It's not like he tied up cap space that they were in need of to retain some other key cog on the roster. Schopp can Monday morning qb every decision he wants.

Here is a very aptly written price Monday morning quarterbacking Schopp.

http://www.buffalowi...should-too.html

Wow, that guy really doesn't like Schopp

What was bugging Schopp was that a majority of Bills fans felt Merriman was a risk worth taking and were not mad about him getting released. For years Schopp could easily whip Buffalo fans into a frothing angry frenzy over the Bills. Now most Bills fans like what the Bills are doing and are willing to give them a mulligan. It's like Superman losing his super powers. Schopp can't make Bills fans angry anymore and THAT is what he was freaking out over.

I don't wish unemployment on anyone but I hate listening to Schopp. He sounds like he hates his job and hates the local teams, Him and Bulldog are just awful.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Schoop is a complete idiot. He is the reason I will not listen to wgr. You would think the guy would know more bout sports considering its his JOB. Even my gf who was flipping thru the channels asked if I wanted to listen to GR so I said ok. She listened for 2 minutes and said who is this guy he knows less then me about the Bills!!!!!!!!

And everyone else on The Stadium Wall... WGR is sports radio in name only., fluff and garbage talk whose target audience is 8 year olds. I gave up listening to their cycle babble a long time ago. I had held out hope that Simon's show would be decent but his brain was sucked out of his head when he joined GR. In another post it was mentioned about John Murphy making mis-calls on names, well ya that whats happens when good people join WGR. They become brain dead zombies.

What was bugging Schopp was that a majority of Bills fans felt Merriman was a risk worth taking and were not mad about him getting released. For years Schopp could easily whip Buffalo fans into a frothing angry frenzy over the Bills. Now most Bills fans like what the Bills are doing and are willing to give them a mulligan. It's like Superman losing his super powers. Schopp can't make Bills fans angry anymore and THAT is what he was freaking out over.

I don't wish unemployment on anyone but I hate listening to Schopp. He sounds like he hates his job and hates the local teams, Him and Bulldog are just awful.

PTR

This is my biggest problem with the guy too. He has his funny moments and I still listen to the show because I'm such a big Bills fan I'll take anything, but he is clearly burned out and truly comes across like he is there for the paycheck only. Putting a guy on the radio that has no enthusiasm is pretty ridiculous.

He would be far better covering hockey on a national level and not just for one team, so he could be in a sport he cares about and always be talking about winning teams. He has a good radio voice/personality and makes good points but he's the wrong guy to be doing Buffalo Bills radio. Plus he's moodier than most chicks I know.......

Schopp hates his job and we suffer for it. He sucked in Rochester radio and sucks now. He doesn't like football or the Bills. So do what I do.....don't listen.

Except there is no other source for Bills information. Believe me I avoided Schopp & Bulldog like the plague before hey became the official Bills station. But what are you supposed to do when here is a breaking story?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Except there is no other source for Bills information. Believe me I avoided Schopp & Bulldog like the plague before hey became the official Bills station. But what are you supposed to do when here is a breaking story?

PTR

I wait for the breaking news text from GR. It's better than tolerating that idiot or suffering a food draft or the like. I'll listen during TC sometimes but even then just the sound of his voice is irritating. The only good thing in that show is the producer.

Actually I thought he was OK back in the Rochester days. I think his biggest problem was too many early on told him he was destined for bigger things, so he leaves Rochester, goes to Buffalo to work his way up. Figues two to three years he'll be in Chi, or maybe Boston or a city of that size and in ten years he would have been the Mike on Mike and Mike or something like that.

So now he's in shock as he can't believe how many idiots out there must be running all the radio stations all over the country and don't realize how great he is as no one is banging down the doors to hire him. So he's stuck in a place that he's way to good for.

Trouble is the more people that post threads like this, the more relavent he is. You want to see him off the air, everyone needs to stop talking about him and stop all the Shopp's are idiot threads! When he gets no press then WGR will think about replacing him.

Schopp hates his job and we suffer for it. He sucked in Rochester radio and sucks now. He doesn't like football or the Bills. So do what I do.....don't listen.