Woman sues Dallas Cowboys because...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A) this is an example as to why America has fallen so much since the end of the cold war.

B) she sat on a hot bench on a 100 degree day. That bench was maybe 180-190. Hot for a first degree burn. She developed 3rd degree burns a few days later? Come on now folks! I hate the cowboys and Jerry but I've gotta side with them on this one. After this ladys suit is dismissed, they should countersue her to oblivion just cause.

A) this is an example as to why America has fallen so much since the end of the cold war.

B) she sat on a hot bench on a 100 degree day. That bench was maybe 180-190. Hot for a first degree burn. She developed 3rd degree burns a few days later? Come on now folks! I hate the cowboys and Jerry but I've gotta side with them on this one. After this ladys suit is dismissed, they should countersue her to oblivion just cause.

Dude, when you have burns that are so serious that they require skin graffs it is very serious and excruciatingly painful. You are just making assumptions about this without any knowledge of the case whatsoever. Sort of like the woman who spilled the McDonalds coffee on her lap years back, everyone rushed to judge her, but until you see the photos of the burns she suffered (I'm sure you can google them, but they are grotesque), you really have no idea how serious it actually was. I've sat on plenty of benches in 100 degree heat and never once contemplated that they could cause 3rd degree burns through my clothes by doing so. I think this case may have some merit.

Edited by Mark80

Dude, when you have burns that are so serious that they require skin graffs it is very serious and excruciatingly painful. You are just making assumptions about this without any knowledge of the case whatsoever. Sort of like the woman who spilled the McDonalds coffee on her lap years back, everyone rushed to judge her, but until you see the photos of the burns she suffered (I'm sure you can google them, but they are grotesque), you really have no idea how serious it actually was. I've sat on plenty of benches in 100 degree heat and never once contemplated that they could cause 3rd degree burns through my clothes by doing so. I think this case may have some merit.

I think one poster here explained the the problem with the McD's coffee case... About how hot they were keeping it and their SOP's.

Anyway... You would think with all the big bucks they spend and what these "professionals" that design this crap make, they would realize that certain materials are not suited for certain climates. Like putting a gabled roof in a hurricane zone or a wood structure in a fire prone area... When that roof blows off and the place burns down... They should say what were you thinking?

I know this sounds stupid... But really, how is she suppose to know what temp that seat is getting... Even if it is very hot out. I suppose you test it first but, the natural reaction at a park bench is to just sit on the damn thing. Probably only took a second to burn. Yeah, dumb move on her part for not thinking. Oh well, the court of public opinion is being held.

How can you sit on a bench hot enough to burn you through your clothes and continue to sit there any way? Ugh Darwin what happened to thee?

Then come the ambulance chasers to monetize the mental trauma so they can profit off of the dummy.

And of course the cowboys will simply remove the benches and people can stand.

Can't wait for some tool to walk accross the stadium lot barefoot on a hot day and sue for that...

How can you sit on a bench hot enough to burn you through your clothes and continue to sit there any way? Ugh Darwin what happened to thee?

Then come the ambulance chasers to monetize the mental trauma so they can profit off of the dummy.

And of course the cowboys will simply remove the benches and people can stand.

Can't wait for some tool to walk accross the stadium lot barefoot on a hot day and sue for that...

It is not quite like that... But I understand your point. Benches are made to sit on and people just don't think before sitting on them. I know, I know... Didn't read the article... Was she wearing jeans or a light dress of some sort? What kinda clothes? Did they say?

In other news, the entire Dallas secondary is suing Eli Manning for third-degree burns suffered in week 14 of the 2011 season...

This suit has little or no merit. The sun making a bench hot should rightly be considered an act of God. It's roughly the equivalent of suing the Cowboys because you got wet when it rained.

"Dude" (if that is your real name), you can't seriously believe this.

The old hag that spills coffee on herself...she had no responsibility, no prior knowledge that coffee was hot? She needs a label to tell her that?

This dumb chick doesn't know that the color black attracts the suns rays? What, she was absent in science class the day this was being covered? You think that a label is going to prevent stupidity?

This is gold digging at its ugliest. The good thing: it's in Texas, where common sense values still reside. If this was in NY or CA, oh boy. The bad news: although this should be thrown out, and her joke of an attorney should be laughed right out of court with her, it probably will not.

Where do we draw the line as a society? When does a person become responsible for their actions? How are the Cowboys and Jerry Jones negligent?

To be considered negligent you need to have a 1.) Duty Owed, 2.) Duty breached, 3.) Proximate cause, and 4.) Damages.

The Cowboys have a duty to inform people that sitting on a black bench in 100+ heat could be hot? REALLY?!?!? Even if you were a complete Alien idiot from another planet, you should have felt the discomfort as soon as you sit down. If it was that hot, wouldn't the proper response would have been to quickly exit said chair? IF she sat there longer than 2 seconds she bears responsibility for not mitigating her "damages".

A bit of a strange story regarding the timeline. To get full thickness burns through clothing by sitting on a sun heated surface (marble, no less) is unusual. Most people would immediately stand up and therefore minimize contact and therefore injury. Also, 1st degree and full thickness (3rd degree) burns look nothing alike. Hard to mistake the two.

This suit has little or no merit. The sun making a bench hot should rightly be considered an act of God. It's roughly the equivalent of suing the Cowboys because you got wet when it rained.

Well, if they'd fixed that hole in their roof, I wouldn't have gotten wet!

Odd story all around.

If marble somehow superheats, then I can't say it's absurd to be after them but I don't think thats the case. Yes, they should be responsible for materials out of the ordinary and dangerous but is marble?

Not knowing how long she sat, the diagnosis issue - both odd.

This case should be viewed as good example of whats wrong with civil courts in general. The bar is set so low that people sue for virtually any thing they can get away with. The lawyers that take on these cases are the biggest part of the problem. And because of the cost involved most companies would rather settle out of court than fight. When you get right down to it this is a classic example of extortion. The juges involved in these cases should be ashamed of themselves. And yet I'm sure these are the kind of people that end up in congress. America the beautiful? Where has thou gone.

In other news, the entire Dallas secondary is suing Eli Manning for third-degree burns suffered in week 14 of the 2011 season...

What about rain freezing on a walkway that causes a slip and fall? That could be considered an act of god and yet I'm sure people still win lawsuits over it.