Sign Usain Bolt ?

bmur66

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to the NBC analyst, Bolt takes 41 steps, everyone else 44 thus it's less work for him to cover the same ground, plus he's just plain fast! lol.

BTW- thanks for nothing NBC. Waited up till 11pm to watch then finally fell asleep...only to see the result on the front page of my morning paper. They really needed to wait until after 11pm ET to show this race? fail.

That was a great 100m finals. Can't ever remember that much talent in one race.

Yet he blew them away. He wasn't even challenged the last 50. He could have broken his WR if they pushed him.

He was toying wih his Jamaican teammates at their Olympic trials, it turns out.

Bolt is already worth about $20 million and after last night that will certainly go up. He'd be crazy to play football.

It was a really fun race to watch though. When he kicks in to that extra gear...wow!

Bolt is already worth about $20 million and after last night that will certainly go up. He'd be crazy to play football.

It was a really fun race to watch though. When he kicks in to that extra gear...wow!

Yeah, I was going to say that. He probably couldn't care less about American football. That said, if I was the Jamaican soccer team, why not try and make him a striker?

He does not have great football speed. His speed kicks in only after 50m when he hits full stride (his stride is like 50 percent longer than the next guy). The 10 or 20 yard dash would be the best test for football speed.

Then why do they time the college kids on a 40 yard dash at the Combine?