Pats waive RB Addai.

I'm just saying for 3rd string.

Are Choice or White that much better? Be honest.

Yes. Particularly because they've both now had the playbook for at least a year. I think it's highly unlikely the Bills bring anyone in on offense unless it's a long-term project.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a brilliant move by the Patriots! It just adds to the great off season they have had. Defensive coordinators have been game planning expecting Addai to be in the back field. Now they ate completely confused. The Patriots will run the table and win the Super Bowl. In fact the season should just be cancelled and they should be awarded the Lombardi Trophy right now! I give them an A-plus!

This is a brilliant move by the Patriots! It just adds to the great off season they have had. Defensive coordinators have been game planning expecting Addai to be in the back field. Now they ate completely confused. The Patriots will run the table and win the Super Bowl. In fact the season should just be cancelled and they should be awarded the Lombardi Trophy right now! I give them an A-plus!

Cmon Pete Priscock?

Oh my ... Why at this late hour did I know that someone would be seriously saying the Bills should sign this washed up running back who couldn't make through one week of practice for a team that on the surface has a deficit of running backs.

Hey Buddy after signing Shockey and Plaxico get this one done too!!

The Bills signed a washed up QB to compete for the backup role.

I guess Addai is washed up after all. The Pats really only have Ridley and Vereen at RB.......not exactly world beaters. Woodhead is more of a receiver and is very small.

Will this mean that the Patsies won't have much of a running game?? If so, that could be huge for the Bills.

It's obvious that the Bills have gone to a 4-3 and signed guys like MWill and Anderson so that they can pressure Brady with only FOUR players.........i.e. so that they can cover NE's 5 receivers with SEVEN defenders.

If they don't have to worry about the run they should have a lot better chance of stopping NE from moving the ball at will.

Losing Green-Ellis appears to be a much bigger loss for the Pats with no real replacement.

I don't think The Patriots will be sending out 5 recievers against our four man wrecking crew. They have to double team.If they send out 5 , that leaves 5 to block those four on the line. Won't happen.Brady might end up in one of those Buffalo hospitals he hates so much. wait...that was hotels..but anyway, if our corners are good enough to play tight one on one coverage, it will be a long day for Brady

They waived Addai because he failed a physical. At the end of the day, the Patriots still have 4 RB's on their roster. They're going to run that same RBBC crap that they did last season. Regardless, that's hasn't been a strength of their team and hasn't been since they had Corey Dillon. As usual, their success depends on keeping Brady upright.

I live in Colts country so trust me when I tell you that Addai is not the same player that he once was. He is fragile and injury prone and pretty beat up. He was much more of a receiving threat than a running threat anyway, which is probably why Belichick wanted to take a look at him.

In the past, Belichick always had Faulk or Morris to help bail him out, especially in 3rd down situations. Those guys are now gone. Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, their best RB the past few years, now plays for Cincy. To me, that's a HUGE loss for the Pats.

Ridley and Vereen are both very young and inexperienced. Neither player scares me. Woodhead is tiny and he doesn't scare me either as a rusher.

The Pats are going to be passing the ball 75%-80% of the time with the way that their offensive personnel is comprised. They're still going to be tough to stop, but at least teams like the Bills can begin to see that very plainly and start to gear up for it.

Like I said above, I believe the Bills have moved to the 4-3 and have signed guys like MWill and Anderson to be able to best deal with the Patsy offense. Let there be no doubt that they have designed their defense and have acquired personnel to best handle the Pats' offense. They fully realize that their best chance to defeat the NE offense is to rush four and defend with seven (most of the time). If they can rush Brady with four and take him out of his rhythm at times with just those four they can succeed in winning the war versus the Patriots vaunted offense, which will most likely lead to winning the overall game.

I live in Colts country so trust me when I tell you that Addai is not the same player that he once was. He is fragile and injury prone and pretty beat up. He was much more of a receiving threat than a running threat anyway, which is probably why Belichick wanted to take a look at him.

In the past, Belichick always had Faulk or Morris to help bail him out, especially in 3rd down situations. Those guys are now gone. Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, their best RB the past few years, now plays for Cincy. To me, that's a HUGE loss for the Pats.

Ridley and Vereen are both very young and inexperienced. Neither player scares me. Woodhead is tiny and he doesn't scare me either as a rusher.

The Pats are going to be passing the ball 75%-80% of the time with the way that their offensive personnel is comprised. They're still going to be tough to stop, but at least teams like the Bills can begin to see that very plainly and start to gear up for it.

Like I said above, I believe the Bills have moved to the 4-3 and have signed guys like MWill and Anderson to be able to best deal with the Patsy offense. Let there be no doubt that they have designed their defense and have acquired personnel to best handle the Pats' offense. They fully realize that their best chance to defeat the NE offense is to rush four and defend with seven (most of the time). If they can rush Brady with four and take him out of his rhythm at times with just those four they can succeed in winning the war versus the Patriots vaunted offense, which will most likely lead to winning the overall game.

Amen

A quote from that article says it all...

"Mary Paoletti of Comcast SportsNet New England reported that Addai was struggling during his conditioning test Wednesday ... and just "quit.""

Edited by hondo in seattle

This topic seems really odd to me. Not that he quit or that he was cut. But the fact that the NFLs website is reporting such things. I can see some reporter from Boston Globe or Shefter or Schlereth but why would the NFL do that to one of thier own? At the end of the day all players are employed by tuebnfp and it seems like this story BY the NFL is in bad taste for a current or previous employee. It also males it harder for Addai to pick up another job somewhere. It's not like this guys stranggled dogs or bet on games or shot himself. He simply struggled in a training physical. Why would the NFL do this to him? Seems like it's very bad taste to me by the NFL.