Pats waive RB Addai.

This topic seems really odd to me. Not that he quit or that he was cut. But the fact that the NFLs website is reporting such things. I can see some reporter from Boston Globe or Shefter or Schlereth but why would the NFL do that to one of thier own? At the end of the day all players are employed by tuebnfp and it seems like this story BY the NFL is in bad taste for a current or previous employee. It also males it harder for Addai to pick up another job somewhere. It's not like this guys stranggled dogs or bet on games or shot himself. He simply struggled in a training physical. Why would the NFL do this to him? Seems like it's very bad taste to me by the NFL.

The article is odd.

I agree completely that this is a really weird article to see on published on NFL.com - and some of the sources it quotes are a bit spotty.

Wouldn't be shocked to see it pulled.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to respond to the other post before it moved.

Odd. Just odd. I am betting that there is more too this, maybe it was something the Pats were doing to mess with him, you know, punk him? Pushing him too far - something you'd do to a rookie?

Oh, and !@#$ the patriots.

I didnt say recent. Over their dynasty, Harrison, Seau, Welker, Deon Branch, Andre Carter, Corey Dillon... Yada Yada

Harrison was not over the hill, nor was he tapped out. He was a player who slowed down a notch and wanted a lot more then teams would give.

Seau was similar. A player that probably could have signed with at least 3 other teams.

Dillon, see above.

Welker? Seriously? A LOT of teams wanted Welker. I wanted the Bills to get him very badly.

Branch is not that great.

Carter might be the only one they got a pollished turd out of...

Most of those players teams knew had something in the tank and it is not that they were not that high risk.