Pick the Wide Outs Who Will be cut

Opening Day 53  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which receivers will be cut before the season starts?

• Kamar Aikin
    • David Clowney
    • Marcus Easley
    • TJ Graham
    • Derek Hagan
    • Stevie Johnson
    • Donald Jones
    • Ruvell Martin
    • David Nelson
    • Naaman Roosevelt
    • Derek Session

PLEASE NOTE I created some confusion by the title of this thread but the first few responders correctly noted that we are selecting players in the poll who will not make the team ... if you thought you were to vote for the players making the team then you should cancel your vote and vote again. Apologies for the confusion but I think it is clear enough now. :oops:

Today's Chris Brown story has the question how many wide receivers will the Bills keep. Will it be five or six?

I am excluding Brad Smith from this discussion since he will make the roster as a quarterback.

So, how many of the 11 receivers on the roster right now will be cut before opening day? Who will be gone? Any surprises?

If you look at the depth chart today the top six are: Stevie, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Derek Hagan, and Naaman Roosevelt.

Only Session is eligible for the Practice Squad, which if he shows any ability I think he will be the one receiver to land there.

Because of our spread offense, I think Chan and Buddy will keep six receivers. My picks to make the roster are: Stevie, Donald Jones, David Nelson, TJ Graham, Derek Hagan, and my surprise is Clowney.

So make your picks ...

Edited by shoretalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note: The title of the thread asks to pick which receivers will survive, but the poll itself asks to pick which ones will be cut.

Just a note: The title of the thread asks to pick which receivers will survive, but the poll itself asks to pick which ones will be cut.

THANKS ... my mistake when I started listing the players I thought it would be more informative to show who was going to be cut.'

Hopefully the clarification will help.

Survivors:

S. Johnson

D. Nelson

D. Jones

T.J. Graham

M. Easley

D. Hagan

Casualties:

Aiken

Clowney

Martin (Drafting Ron Brooks/Bradham makes him expendable)

Roosevelt

Session to PS

That would be my vote too. Despite the fact they only had 5 to start last year, I think they go with 6 given all of the injuries they experienced.

Survivors:

S. Johnson

D. Nelson

D. Jones

T.J. Graham

M. Easley

D. Hagan

Casualties:

Aiken

Clowney

Roosevelt

Session to PS

Wow that was my thoughts exactly.

Roosevelt is a nice story, kind of feel for him.

Session may have too many unanswered questions for now.

Martin is better on Special teams

Aiken, I always forget about him.

Clowney is the strongest on your casualty list

I cut Clowney, Hagan, Session (PS), Aiken (PS), Roosevelt, and Martin.

Hagan was an animal, he did ask for flags too much but played his heart out. He was fearless, I hope he stays.

Survivors:

S. Johnson

D. Nelson

D. Jones

T.J. Graham

M. Easley

D. Hagan

Casualties:

Aiken

Clowney

Roosevelt

Session to PS

This is the way I voted, as well. Additionally, I am also in agreement with those that list Brad Smith as making the team at the QB position.

...I like some of these guys, especially Roosevelt, and hope they can catch on with other teams.

7 WR's on the roster? No way that will happen.

Correct, particularly since Brad Smith can also serve in that capacity. I have them going with the same six as most -- Johnson, Graham, Jones, Easley, Hagan, and Nelson.

7 WR's on the roster? No way that will happen.

Correct, particularly since Brad Smith can also serve in that capacity. I have them going with the same six as most -- Johnson, Graham, Jones, Easley, Hagan, and Nelson.

Yes, forgot about Brad. I was thinking that if we run 5 receiver sets as much as we did last year, we would need 7 but since Brad can serve as that seventh, I stand corrected.