2013 Draft

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rank te high, but I doubt there will one worth the top 15 pick. I wouldn't jump on wr just yet. I want to see how this group performs this year. Easily and graham are bit unknown, and the others might improve.

I would say qb and linebacker are the two biggest things. And personally, I would draft two qbs, one high and one low. The low one stick on practice squad and the other have has backup

I would rank te high, but I doubt there will one worth the top 15 pick. I wouldn't jump on wr just yet. I want to see how this group performs this year. Easily and graham are bit unknown, and the others might improve.

I would say qb and linebacker are the two biggest things. And personally, I would draft two qbs, one high and one low. The low one stick on practice squad and the other have has backup

Some good ideas. I'd be fine w/ Jones there if he has a good senior season. He was awful last year though. We also may need a WR.

DraftTek has the bills drafting #14, selecting

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Do you want me to change the Positional preferences?

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2012.asp

Astro

We really need see how Fitz (and the Team) does this year before we make QB p1. I'm hopeful that Fitz does better this year so we don't need to draft one early, but if not Landry better do way better than last year bc otherwise no thanks. My money is on Casey Pachal if he comes out.

DraftTek has the bills drafting #14, selecting

http://www.drafttek.com/2013-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

Do you want me to change the Positional preferences?

http://www.drafttek.com/teamneeds2012.asp

Astro

DE is a bigger need than DT imo. Kelsay is old and not very good. And DEs are harder to get than DTs. Also, I am not at all thrilled with our LBs, TEs, or WRs. Our best LB isn't young, and Sheppard is a question mark at best.

Fitz has a 6-year extension, and while he's no slouch (60.5 % completions, 4,477 yards, 35 TD, 21 INT), his value is more in knowledge of the offense than in his arm. Vince Young, age 29, has a 1-year contract. Landry Jones' return for his senior year makes him all the more attractive to Buddy Nix. Jones will vie for first QB selected and is the best value among WR, LB, and QB's at this pick.

Where did Drafttek get these numbers?

No, QB is our number 1 need right now. The need for a WR will be determined once the season starts, we have a lot of options to see how that position shakes out as the season moves forward. Our LB position is highly questionable right now. I just don't see management as being very interested in the TE position, no matter what we fans might think. For now, the positional needs seem fine.

QB is going to be a need, but Landry Jones?! Absolutely not.

As far as position, I'd rank Tight End or Wide Receiver as a higher priority.

You got to admit it would be rather cool to have a former

UT QB playing with a former OU QB!!

I would only put QB as high as OLB. That being said, you cannot. If the right OLB is there in the first - I'd take him. We need to keep our LB's fresh, young, maintain a defense that can grow together. I would much rather be adding players to the defense then replacing them.

If we could get an OLB big enough to get up there on the line like an extra DE I would be happy.

As far as OT, again, there is a chance, if we are drafting high enough we could bring one of the top 1 or 2 LT's in...but I don't see enough top tier depth and don't want a 1 year flash.

As far as WR goes - man - too hard to speculate. But, until I find someone I like enough to even pick up at WR before round 3 I will not even draw a line as to where and what we need. I think we find a WR in free agency next year, or maybe a training camp roster cut this year.

We need to get a TE in the draft, the Notre Dame kid and UCLA kid are both ones I would not mind seeing - especially when factored that the next QB will likely be needing an established guy to dump the ball off to (figuring 3 years for that). An LT can be developed a little bit better then a good pass catching TE, and a QB is one you have to have all your ducks in a row on.