2013 Draft

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you drop Ray-Ray Armstrong because of his dismissal? Looks like I'll need a new first round pick, on the bright side we could get him late or even an UDFA :thumbsup: Although not to bright :thumbdown:

"Ray-Ray Armstrong’s troublesome football career at the University of Miami is over.

The senior safety was kicked off the team Wednesday morning — about a month after InsideTheU.com reported that he discussed interaction with a booster via Twitter.

Although UM has yet to explain why Armstrong was dismissed, the school did say he can continue to be enrolled as a scholarship student to complete his degree. Should he elect to transfer to another institution, UM said it would grant him a full release.

drawing comparisons to the late Sean Taylor when he was one of the country’s most coveted recruits at Sanford Seminole High (Rivals.com rated him 13th overall in the Class of 2009 regardless of position),

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/07/19/2900966/miami-hurricanes-dismiss-safety.html#storylink=cpy

Did you drop Ray-Ray Armstrong because of his dismissal? Looks like I'll need a new first round pick, on the bright side we could get him late or even an UDFA :thumbsup: Although not to bright :thumbdown:

BB,

Ray Ray is #50 on my list, just above Chris Faulk and Desmond Trufant.

Likely he'll end up falling a bit, but I wouldn't count him out of Day 2.

It's too early to think about the draft, but it's never too early to plan your college football watching.

If you HAVE to pick and choose, consider watching LSU, Texas, USC, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Alabama.

• LSU has 4 of the Top 16 players right now.
  • 7 of the Top 16 are SEC players.
  • Texas has Okafor and Jeffcoat to watch for their DE play.
  • USC has Barkley throwing to Woods. Say what you will about USC; they may go 1-2 in the draft.
  • Arkansas has the other top QB throwing to the other top WR (Wilson to Cobi Hamilton)
  • Alabama's OG's (Warmack and Jones) will be fun to watch if you dig o-line play.
  • I like Tennessee's WR Justin Hunter as a big-play receiver.

BB,

Ray Ray is #50 on my list, just above Chris Faulk and Desmond Trufant.

Likely he'll end up falling a bit, but I wouldn't count him out of Day 2.

It's too early to think about the draft, but it's never too early to plan your college football watching.

If you HAVE to pick and choose, consider watching LSU, Texas, USC, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Alabama.

• LSU has 4 of the Top 16 players right now.
  • 7 of the Top 16 are SEC players.
  • Texas has Okafor and Jeffcoat to watch for their DE play.
  • USC has Barkley throwing to Woods. Say what you will about USC; they may go 1-2 in the draft.
  • Arkansas has the other top QB throwing to the other top WR (Wilson to Cobi Hamilton)
  • Alabama's OG's (Warmack and Jones) will be fun to watch if you dig o-line play.
  • I like Tennessee's WR Justin Hunter as a big-play receiver.

guess I missed him on your list, day two sounds good I'd take him in the second no problem, don't worry I'll be watching as many games as possible. I actually like watching College Football better because it is a lot more physical a greater verity of systems.

Well right now my gut-feel is to love Washington State WR Marquess Wilson.

He's already an outstanding WR - and this season will likely develop into the next Wes Welker or Michael Crabtree, now that he's being coached by...

Mike Leach

However, the one name that absolutely just jumps off the page at me and makes me say, "The Bills just gotta draft this guy!", is...

BARKEVIOUS MINGO B-)

Barkevious?

youtube.com/watch?v=-iTvrp3Y7WU&feature=related

Is that a great freakin' name or what??? Barkevious Mingo...I wanna see it on the back of a Bills jersey!!!

Has all the right credentials - 6'5" 240 lb. top-ranked OLB - from the SEC (LSU) so you know Nix will love him.

Tigers have him playing DE - he runs the 40 in 4.5 ( Maybe try him at safety? B-) )

Certainly big enough & fast enough to keep Gronkowski in check.

Seems like a great person too - keep in mind this video is 4 years old (from 2008)...

Great attitude and great maturity for a H.S. kid, I think.

Never too early to start thinking about April 2013 (the Bills scouts are), so start saying it....

BARKEVIOUS MINGO!!!!

The big question...will he be there for Buffalo at the #32-slot???

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Hmmm… Astro doesn't have him on his big board and that board looks like it's about 200 players (is that right, Astro?).

I see his similarly skill-setted teammate Sam Montgomery is up there.

Are we Barkeviousing up the wrong tree?

:)

Mingo? Mingo? Where are ya buddy? Mingo?

There's the buddy!!! There's our Mingo!!! Good Mingo!!!

Hmmm… Astro doesn't have him on his big board and that board looks like it's about 200 players (is that right, Astro?).

I see his similarly skill-setted teammate Sam Montgomery is up there.

Are we Barkeviousing up the wrong tree?

:)

Mingo? Mingo? Where are ya buddy? Mingo?

There's the buddy!!! There's our Mingo!!! Good Mingo!!!

He's a junior so maybe they are waiting to see what his intentions are.

He's a junior so maybe they are waiting to see what his intentions are.

Looks like he red-shirted in 2009, so 2012 would actually be his 4th year, academically, even though he would still have another season of eligibility (similar to the Andy Luck situation this last draft). At that point - assuming he has a decent season and avoids injury - you'd have to think he'd declare for the 2013 draft, having already earned his degree.

Would love to see Barkevious Levon Mingo in a Bills uniform in 2013!

Excuse me, I am having a little bit of trouble talking draft. See you in 8 monthes :thumbsup:

Really. 2013 draft? We haven't even started training camp yet.

You guys are right.

Note to Bills scouting staff:

Please hold off on evaluating players for the 2013 NFL entry draft - we do not care about the available talent pool right now, and have no plans to care for at least several months.

guys - things change as we get another year under the belt. let's focus on that after we celebrate a playoff run this year.

Can't think about 13 draft now.

Then feel free to read and comment on other topics, it's not like the guy is repeating the same threads again and again. But I guess that's what you're used to.

He's doing you a favor and providing a useful resource for us fans. Use it or don't. But don't whine about it.

Edited by madtowntobuffalo

Well right now my gut-feel is to love Washington State WR Marquess Wilson.

He's already an outstanding WR - and this season will likely develop into the next Wes Welker or Michael Crabtree, now that he's being coached by...

Mike Leach

However, the one name that absolutely just jumps off the page at me and makes me say, "The Bills just gotta draft this guy!", is...

BARKEVIOUS MINGO B-)

Sounds good. Although you have two different types of receivers there. Welker has made his mark, but Crabtree has got to step it up as he has just been too inconsistent with SF.