Mario Williams on Jim Rome

mrags

Just heard a bit on Rome that Mario Williams will be on JRIB today. At least that's what I thought I heard. Anyone else hear this? And further on the subject, does anyone watch JRIB and know when and what channel it's on? I was searching for it on TW but only saw it on Friday and it didn't sound like that's what was advertised on the radio show. I was able to find "Rome" today at 6pm but I don't get that sports package with the channel that it's on. Anyone can help it would be appreciated. If this has already been posted sorry for the double.

Just heard a bit on Rome that Mario Williams will be on JRIB today. At least that's what I thought I heard. Anyone else hear this? And further on the subject, does anyone watch JRIB and know when and what channel it's on? I was searching for it on TW but only saw it on Friday and it didn't sound like that's what was advertised on the radio show. I was able to find "Rome" today at 6pm but I don't get that sports package with the channel that it's on. Anyone can help it would be appreciated. If this has already been posted sorry for the double.

"ROME" is Jim Romes new show on CBS Sports. Not sure of other cable outlets, but Time Warner only offers the station as part of their "sports package", which is 6.99 a month...Rome does not have a tv show on ESPN any more....he chose not to renew with ESPN a few months ago, to go to CBS Sports, where one of his best friends is in charge.

I did hear a few minutes of Rome. Not that anyone here (including me) cares but......Jim asked Stern about the draft lottery being fixed and that STRUCK a nerve with Stern. He then asked Rome how his wife beating was going (or something to that effect). Needless to say that Rome got really upset although he held his cool. I'm not a big Stern or Rome fan but it's always nice to hear radio/tv that's not totally canned and boring!! They obviously DO NOT like each other.

Stern then ended the conversation saying he needed to talk to someone important and that he was leaving to go talk to Stephen A. Smith. PRICELESS. Best 5 minutes of Rome in years!!!

Anyhow.....I am more interested in hearing about Mario. Anyone hear anything? Anyone? Bueller?

Bueller??

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/jim-rome/1kEb1C8Wg4WzkTHTn6DL3rox0NVK9Nn_

you're welcome.

also, cbs sports is apparently on channel 613 if you have direct tv. it looks like the rome show airs 3, 3:30, 8, 8:30 pm pacific. you can do the math if you live anywhere else.

best,

dirtbag in la, non-hunter

Great Stuff, interesting interview.

I didn't think it was that great of an interview. Mario can be pretty thoughtful and eloquent, but I absolutely hate tv interviews where the host can see the interviewee, but not vice versa. It makes the person being interviewed sound very stilted and hesitant, since they have to look straight into a camera, instead of at the person asking the questions, and respond to what they're hearing in an earpiece.

I didn't think it was that great of an interview. Mario can be pretty thoughtful and eloquent, but I absolutely hate tv interviews where the host can see the interviewee, but not vice versa. It makes the person being interviewed sound very stilted and hesitant, since they have to look straight into a camera, instead of at the person asking the questions, and respond to what they're hearing in an earpiece.

Most of the time, the interviewee is also looking at the interviewer on a monitor. The delay in answers depends on the telephone/data connection between the two.

David Stern Asks Jim Rome if 'He Beats his wife' (audio)

Stern has got to be one of the biggest d-bags in all of sports. I swear, every time I hear him being interviewed, he comes off like an arrogant tool. He also seems to be constantly arguing with the people interviewing him, or at least it seems that way.

Stern has got to be one of the biggest d-bags in all of sports. I swear, every time I hear him being interviewed, he comes off like an arrogant tool. He also seems to be constantly arguing with the people interviewing him, or at least it seems that way.

I like Stern...he may be a little arrogant, but he isn't afraid to say it like he sees it...PC he is not. I think, all in all, he deserves a lot of credit for the NBA surviving, and thriving, as it does now...fixed lottery drafts and all!