McGee restructured contract?

'it's only fair. I've been injured a lot and still made all my money..'

How often have you heard that from a pro sports player??

So refreshing to see this on our team. Now, I hope he meets ALL his incentives, due to his unselfishness.

So refreshing to see this on our team. Now, I hope he meets ALL his incentives, due to his unselfishness.

Absolutely. I can't imagine anyone hating on McGee. He seems like a total class act and has had the talent too. He's still got a good shot at being our best CB this year.

He has been great fun to watch, one of my favorite players over the last ten years, and my favorite Bills KR of all time.

A month or two ago? Time flies...

It was not long after he restructured that they released Florence.

A month or two ago? Time flies...

It was not long after he restructured that they released Florence.

Think they at all went to Flo about restructuring?

He turned the offer down ans the Bills got McGee?

Either way we had 2 old corners and one of them was probably gone. Why not keep the one who when he is healthy is the better player?

Florence didn't seem like a bad guy, but McGee is about as high a character guy as there is. Between the 2 I would have kept McGee also. He is a better player and a better character example for the young kids.

The only thing they wanted to restructure on Flo was his legs. Dude just can't run with the WRs anymore.

They know McGee didn't have a choice. He had to or would be released. I don't think they offered the same deal to Flo but it is the direct reason why McGee is here and Flo is not.

Always liked the guy. Hopefully he has a rebound season. With this defensive backfield, plus out D line, and at least average LB corp, this should be a fantastic D. Definitely taking them in my fantasy draft, in the 4th round. Perhaps too early, but I expect this group will be dominant.

I just have so much "hope" for the defense this year. It's a very very weird feeling but I'm hoping that we're watching greatness happen right before our very eyes.

It's such a slow process to go through pain year after year and then have a 53 piece puzzle get put together one by one and then when you have about 23 pieces put together, 3 or 4 might intentionally or accidentally find it's way out the puzzle.

Now we've added so many pieces that you can tell exactly what pieces are left to fill and where they go... I haven't had that feeling about our team since I started following them in 2002...

Some people love "great" or "close" games that end with a win for us. Me? I can't take the nervousness during games anymore... I wouldn't mind beating teams by 30 points a game every game...

I want to get to a point in the league where I'm not afraid of facing the Packers or Patriots. I believe we have so many players like George Wilson, Kelsay, Lindell, Moorman and McGee who have been here through the ups and downs (mostly downs) that will not let the young players lose focus and even THINK that this is a dream team sort of scenario and keep the focus at hand.

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

I don't think so, otherwise it would've filtered out from someone's twitter.

Once they got Gilmore, one of the vets needed to go. I think also, there was some analysis from a web site that showed he did not have a very good year (who could when there's no pass rush?). At any rate, there's a lot of young talent that needs to get on the field.

Also, once they released Flo, they extended Freddie soon after--he got some of the money they saved from dumping DF.

Rather amazing...

McGee is approaching this offseason as if he has nothing left to lose. That was evident in February, when he agreed to restructure the final two years on his contract. In exchange for accepting a combined $5.1 million cut in guaranteed salary, McGee left open the opportunity to make much of that back by meeting incentives for playing time and production.

McGee is a class act. The fact that the team allowed him the "opportunity" to make most of it back is also something to smile about. Classy move for a change from both the player and team perspective.

I just have so much "hope" for the defense this year. It's a very very weird feeling but I'm hoping that we're watching greatness happen right before our very eyes.

It's such a slow process to go through pain year after year and then have a 53 piece puzzle get put together one by one and then when you have about 23 pieces put together, 3 or 4 might intentionally or accidentally find it's way out the puzzle.

Now we've added so many pieces that you can tell exactly what pieces are left to fill and where they go... I haven't had that feeling about our team since I started following them in 2002...

Some people love "great" or "close" games that end with a win for us. Me? I can't take the nervousness during games anymore... I wouldn't mind beating teams by 30 points a game every game...

I want to get to a point in the league where I'm not afraid of facing the Packers or Patriots. I believe we have so many players like George Wilson, Kelsay, Lindell, Moorman and McGee who have been here through the ups and downs (mostly downs) that will not let the young players lose focus and even THINK that this is a dream team sort of scenario and keep the focus at hand.

Thats a really nice post there mister. Especially last paragraph.

I think what Buddy and Chan are doing is creating greatness across the board. and you might have answered my nagging question about Kelasy contract which just mystified me. till now.

good post brother! :worthy:

only point of dissent is.. i dont mind a couple squeekers during the season. As long as we get to the playoffs and beyond!

I don't think that was the case. I kind of remember Florence tweeting he would take a pay cut if it helped signing Williams during those epic 3 days this year. I think the reason they released him so early was out of respect. He was a team guy and the cut allowed him the opportunity to sign elsewhere early on.

I don't think that was the case. I kind of remember Florence tweeting he would take a pay cut if it helped signing Williams during those epic 3 days this year. I think the reason they released him so early was out of respect. He was a team guy and the cut allowed him the opportunity to sign elsewhere early on.

This^ and frankly florence was our worst corner last year. He needed to go

McGee is a class act. The fact that the team allowed him the "opportunity" to make most of it back is also something to smile about. Classy move for a change from both the player and team perspective.

I love McGee too. Here's hoping he returns to form and stays injury free.

They know McGee didn't have a choice. He had to or would be released.

He forfeited guaranteed money. So what if he was cut, he'd still get his money he got from signing with a new team as a FA.

I don't think I've ever heard of a player giving up guaranteed money before, most would rather test FA and keep their cash.