Updated Bills Salary Cap Listing for 2012.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap-hit/.

Here are some guys whose salaries don't seeme to be commensurate with their production thus far:

Kelsay $5.75M

Merriman $5.75M

D. Edwards $4.175M

Sp. Johnson $4M

B. Smith $3.75M

T. Thigpen $3M

C. McIntyre $1.1M

T. Troup $942K

L. Dotson $700K

D. Clowney $700K

K. Moore $615K

J. Gilbert $615K

From that list, there's no way that Thigpen stays for $3M when the Bills now have Young as their #2 QB. Expect him to be waived at some point.

I can't believe Kelsay's $5.75M. Merriman's $5.75M and Edwards' $4.175M have been a rip off thus far. Sp. Johnson's $4M and B. Smith's $3.75M are surprises as well.

However, in Wannstedt's 4-3 I think that Kelsay, Merriman, Edwards and Johnson could be revitalized. iI they are, nobody will care how much money they're making.

Bills' current cap figure is $112,950,146.

Here are some guys whose salaries don't seeme to be commensurate with their production thus far:

Kelsay $5.75M

Merriman $5.75M

D. Edwards $4.175M

Sp. Johnson $4M

B. Smith $3.75M

T. Thigpen $3M

C. McIntyre $1.1M

T. Troup $942K

L. Dotson $700K

D. Clowney $700K

K. Moore $615K

J. Gilbert $615K

From that list, there's no way that Thigpen stays for $3M when the Bills now have Young as their #2 QB. Expect him to be waived at some point.

I can't believe Kelsay's $5.75M. Merriman's $5.75M and Edwards' $4.175M have been a rip off thus far. Sp. Johnson's $4M and B. Smith's $3.75M are surprises as well.

However, in Wannstedt's 4-3 I think that Kelsay, Merriman, Edwards and Johnson could be revitalized. iI they are, nobody will care how much money they're making.

I totally agree on Thigpen. He's already at his high side (or past it) and Young's high side is something coaches love. Coach 'em up and pay less him less than pigpen.

The Bills don't know what they are going to get out of the D-Linemen listed. I'm guessing one or two will be standouts and the others will be role players and likely overpaid. Unfortunately, we don't know which ones yet. Does Kelsay's hustle help him shine with a better supporting case? Does Merriman come back to his old form? How do the others fit in a 4-3? Maybe they play better too. Who knows. Keep'em all because we are way under the cap at this point with only TJG left to sign. Having depth on the D-Line in a 4-3 is a must.

I noted at the bottom of that listing that we are still carrying $3.7M for Florence and Evans. Ugh.

Is $120mil the current cap?

They will definatly cut a couple guys making $3mil+ i am sure before the end of camp. I could see them extending some guys then. But to be honest the Bills set the precedent with Stevie, Fitz, Jackson, and Chandler that if you play you will get paid. So i do not think the same pressure is on them like before to try and lock their guys up too early.

Why do we care how much they're paid?

Cap space!!! For once it seems like this team is willing to pay. Need to make sure the $$ is going to the right guys, esp. with Levitre, Wood and Byrd all coming up soon.

Edited by RyanC883

B. Moorman -- $1.675M

Seriously, looking at that list I think the Bills have done a pretty good job managing the roster and the cap. Sure, Merriman's number is big, but if he comes back healthy this season it's a bargain.

Cap space!!! For once it seems like this team is willing to pay. Need to make sure the $$ is going to the right guys, esp. with Levitre, Wood and Byrd all coming up soon.

The cap is going to make an astronomical jump very soon. When the new TV deal kicks in, the cap will go up towards the 140-150 million range, not the $120 like it has been the past 2 seasons.

1339449010[/url]' post='2484670']

Why do you need to do that?

Because he's a fan and wants the best for this team. Locking up levitre and Byrd are in the best interests of the team. No, he's not going to be the one that cuts and signs people, but he cares about and thinks about it, just like a lot of people on this board. Why do you need to be a Debbie Downer?

I don't have much issue with that list.

Merriman and Kelsay are going to provide very valuable depth at the most important position on the defensive side (DL). Kelsay was the most productive defensive lineman last year, other than Dareus, imo. Merriman, if healthy, can be another boost. If he hits another health bump, no problem, release him.

Troup is as good as gone. Johnson is good depth, again. Brad Smith isn't going anywhere, he can be used at a variety of positions, and we've learned that's a good thing, even if he doesn't show up amazingly on paper. Thigpen is likely gone.

Not much to look at otherwise.

Kelsay $5.75M

Merriman $5.75M

D. Edwards $4.175M

Sp. Johnson $4M

B. Smith $3.75M

T. Thigpen $3M

C. McIntyre $1.1M

T. Troup $942K

L. Dotson $700K

D. Clowney $700K

K. Moore $615K

J. Gilbert $615K

The fact that Thigpen made 3mil last year, and is scheduled to make the same this year.Well,thatleads me to believe he has some pictures that Chan doesn't want his wife to see? If thigpen gets cut I don't think he even stays in the league.

Kelsay $5.75M

Merriman $5.75M

D. Edwards $4.175M

Sp. Johnson $4M

B. Smith $3.75M

T. Thigpen $3M

C. McIntyre $1.1M

T. Troup $942K

L. Dotson $700K

D. Clowney $700K

K. Moore $615K

J. Gilbert $615K

I WOULDN'T MISS ONE GUY ON THAT LIST......

Kelsay $5.75M

Merriman $5.75M

D. Edwards $4.175M

Sp. Johnson $4M

B. Smith $3.75M

T. Thigpen $3M

C. McIntyre $1.1M

T. Troup $942K

L. Dotson $700K

D. Clowney $700K

K. Moore $615K

J. Gilbert $615K

Cap goes up, salaries go up. Plus these guys have been around for a while so they're going to make some money. I would say the salaries are on par with the rest of the league but you're correct, there will be some guys released. Just not Kelsay and Merriman.

How does Evan count against the cap when he was traded?

Did we buy out his remaining contract and then the Ravens signed him to a new one? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

whatever he got upfront as a signing bonus that was prorated over the life of the contract and had not been fully charged against the cap would be on the bills.

Anyone making less than $1mil/year can not count as a "cap" casualty. If they get cut, they just suck. :P

I agree that Thigpen should go, and while it certainly doesnt help his case, I think that regardless of his salary.

Other than that, there isnt anyone Im trying to run out of town. Not yet anyways. Im more concerned with performance than money. Let them compete in camp and earn it.