ESPN AFC Breakout players

As a 3-4 defensive end, he had a solid 43 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year as a rookie. With the Bills changing to a 4-3 front, he will move inside to defensive tackle, where his one-gap penetrating skills should fit perfectly. Dareus is strong, powerful and rarely loses a one-on-one battle. With quick DT Kyle Williams next to him, and with DEs Mario Williams and Mark Anderson rushing off the edge, Dareus will see mostly one-on-one blocks against less athletic offensive guards. The AFC East should be on notice.

Looks like the Bills bandwagon may get crowded this summer

Rest of the list:

2. Nate Solder, LT, New England Patriots

3. Joe Haden, CB, Cleveland Browns

4. Jeremy Kerley, WR, New York Jets

5. Pat Angerer, ILB, Indianapolis Colts

6. Marcedes Lewis, TE, Jacksonville Jaguars

7. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Oakland Raiders

8. Brooks Reed, OLB, Houston Texans

9. Kendrick Lewis, S, Kansas City Chiefs

10. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos

ESPN Insider access needed to read article

What, no Stevie Johnson?

I know, he's had back-to-back 1000+ yard seasons. He doesn't belong on a list anticipating "breakout" seasons.

And this is ESPN Insider.

What, no Stevie Johnson?

A rare DC Tom sighting of TSW. Must be a slow day on PPP and OTW. Don't tell me you've run out of idiots over there.

GO BILLS!!!

What, no Stevie Johnson?

I know, he's had back-to-back 1000+ yard seasons. He doesn't belong on a list anticipating "breakout" seasons.

What, no Stevie Johnson?

Stevie was in voting for madden cover, think its safe to say he already broke out.

"As a 3-4 defensive end, he had a solid 43 tackles and 5.5 sacks last year as a rookie. With the Bills changing to a 4-3 front, he will move inside to defensive tackle, where his one-gap penetrating skills should fit perfectly. Dareus is strong, powerful and rarely loses a one-on-one battle. With quick DT Kyle Williams next to him, and with DEs Mario Williams and Mark Anderson rushing off the edge, Dareus will see mostly one-on-one blocks against less athletic offensive guards. The AFC East should be on notice."

Let's hope! All signs are pointing that way for him.

What, no Stevie Johnson?

What, no Stevie Johnson?

"Why so serious"

Yeah cuz Peyton Hillis is REALLY good...

At least Hillis had 1 monster year. Until Stevie stops racking up his 1000 yards in meaningless situations, stops being an attention hound, starts catching balls when they matter, and stops blaming God when things go wrong - I can't consider him a good player.

At least Hillis had 1 monster year. Until Stevie stops racking up his 1000 yards in meaningless situations, stops being an attention hound, starts catching balls when they matter, and stops blaming God when things go wrong - I can't consider him a good player.

Wow, ew is all I have to say to you sir. Ew.

1339276181[/url]' post='2483695']

Interesting perspective.. No denying these topics diminish his assent to premier status. IMO, he's a #1 by default to date and the last time we saw him, Coach kicked his azz to the bench in the 1st quarter.. B-B 1000yrd seasons are noteworthy, but he's no Reed, Moulds or Lofton. Yet.

So bitter! Yea, I would like Calvin Johnson too. But I'll take Stevie.

Wow, ew is all I have to say to you sir. Ew.

what does this mean exactly? ew?

Interesting perspective.. No denying these topics diminish his assent to premier status. IMO, he's a #1 by default to date and the last time we saw him, Coach kicked his azz to the bench in the 1st quarter.. B-B 1000yrd seasons are noteworthy, but he's no Reed, Moulds or Lofton. Yet.

or even an evans!

On what are they basing Solder breaking out? He didn't sniff LT last year. And I think it's safe to say that Marcedes Lewis broke-out a couple years ago, when he had 700 yards and 10 TDs.

Hillis' one "monster" year was roughly 75 yds/game, and considering who it was for, do we really know when and how these yards came. SJ has had some key catches and key drops. To act like he's never come through in a big game is preposterous (off the top of my head, the same Bengals game that started all the celebration nonsense was on a clutch catch). I can understand not calling him an elite, but not even "good"?

I know the playoff drought is tough but I really can't see how a season is meaningless.

There's little doubt each of these front four are going to look excellent this year, but the other person who will get much more national recognition beyond us TBD'ers is George Wilson, and possibly Byrd. Byrd was tied his rookie season for most int's in a season, but he was on a bad team.

If this defense really produces, these two are going to pick off forced balls, like our from our friend in NE. Can't wait. I haven't been this excited about the start of a season in a decade.

BIILLIIEEVE!!!

What, no Stevie Johnson?

What, no Stevie Johnson?

Not as a sarcastic retort, but what would Stevie have to do to have a breakout year statistically speaking? And honestly, if it's something better than his really good production do we as Bills fans expect a ton more?

So bitter! Yea, I would like Calvin Johnson too. But I'll take Stevie.

A real question for Stevie fans - I really am trying to like him - why did he wait so long to get this groin injury repaired? Couldn't be done in January? I had a groin tear - there isn't any doubt or different schools of thought about it - it has to get repaired.

God's tweet to Stevie..."I gave you clear blue skies in Buffalo in November, tripped the corner 15 yards down the field, and put a perfect spiral in your hands. What more did you want?"