Sunday Ticket

I had a hard time negotiating this year. I think it was because I already got 10 off my bill per month for another issue. I ended up paying the 199, but I am not sure if I get RZC now.

Dude that's peanuts. I've got like 5 different credits going, not to mention half-off of ST. Call back and on the voice prompt for the reason say 'cancel service'. Should automatically take you to customer retention. When you get a rep just go into a schpiel about how your wife wants to cancel, thinks it's too expensive, all your friends are telling you how DirecTv is giving them better deals, etc. Never actually cancel your service, but if that particular rep doesn't budge then say you need to think it over and hang up. When you call back the next rep will likely help you out. Guarantee they will give you more credits.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a hard time negotiating this year. I think it was because I already got 10 off my bill per month for another issue. I ended up paying the 199, but I am not sure if I get RZC now.

$199 is the regular price without RZC

I work for Dish Network (we dont have sunday ticket) - but if you need a hookup let me know bills fans.

Who wants Dish when Direct Tv is so much better and they have the golf and tennis channels when they do there majors.

Dude that's peanuts. I've got like 5 different credits going, not to mention half-off of ST. Call back and on the voice prompt for the reason say 'cancel service'. Should automatically take you to customer retention. When you get a rep just go into a schpiel about how your wife wants to cancel, thinks it's too expensive, all your friends are telling you how DirecTv is giving them better deals, etc. Never actually cancel your service, but if that particular rep doesn't budge then say you need to think it over and hang up. When you call back the next rep will likely help you out. Guarantee they will give you more credits.

Trust me, I know. I tried that whole thing, and for some reason it didn't work. It was strange. I was thinking, "are they really playing hardball with me?" I'm def. going to call back.

I know its a little early, but i just got off the phone with Directv and there god awful customer service. Just wondering if there is way us out of towners can catch all the Bills games without DirectTv? Is there a reliable live stream that might be cheaper? The only reason I keep Directv is for the Sunday Ticket and would love to be able to cancel their service.

Just had DTV installed through Costco (new customer)

First year = $55 per month + Free NFL Ticket

2nd Year - $90 per month and $100 for NFL ticket

I just cut my COX Cable bill in half (and told them bye-bye)

Oh - A $120 cash card from Costco

Pretty much - Win - Win

Customer Service Probelms - DTV was very quick about our start up problems

Edited by HBSS151

In by best Borat impersonation: GRREAT SUCCESS!

The list of package-fees-fees-fees-credit-credit-credit is fairly rediculous, but in the end I'm getting the Choice Extra package with one HD-RCVR/DVR, one HD-RCVR, and one SD-RCVR, for $50.99 per month, and Sunday Ticket for four payments of $24.99. Some of the credits end in six months, some last for two years.

Bottom Line: Sunday ticket for $99.96, -$306.00 in new credits.

Four calls, it took, but DirecTV customer service was proficient, as usual.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

I had discontinued DirecTV at the end of last football season and called to find out best way to access the Sunday Ticket. As I kept my equipment and needed no technician to come out, she gave me a $34.99 month-to-month package which includes Choice+Sunday Ticket base package+3 months of HBO in HD. I thought this was a great deal and did not negotiate further.

Maybe its been more like 18 years...

All I know is that when I bought my Direct TV equipment from Circuit City....it was the new thing on the block.

You and I are probably in roughly the same boat...my account number is only six digits!

You and I are probably in roughly the same boat...my account number is only six digits!

Same here. I'm going in.

Edit: Here was my conversation.

Me: "Look, before you start invoicing me for the Ticket, everyone I talk to is getting it free these days and I need to see what kind of deal we can cut."

Her: "We already starting billing for it and you're already getting it free."

Me: "I am?"

Her: "Yes. Would you like me to see what's going on or would you like us to keep charging you nothing?"

Me: "We're good. Thanks for your expedient service."

Edited by LABillzFan

Same here. I'm going in.

Edit: Here was my conversation.

Me: "Look, before you start invoicing me for the Ticket, everyone I talk to is getting it free these days and I need to see what kind of deal we can cut."

Her: "We already starting billing for it and you're already getting it free."

Me: "I am?"

Her: "Yes. Would you like me to see what's going on or would you like us to keep charging you nothing?"

Me: "We're good. Thanks for your expedient service."

My buddy also got NFL Sunday Ticket for free without realizing it.

Also, DirecTV came out to his house and washed his car which he was also unaware of… until the neighbors told him.

Some people have all the luck.