James Carmon just signed????

an OT from Miss. St. wasn't he just drafted by baltimore?

Bills on twitter- "announce signing of te/wr dickerson, safety Nick Saenz, ot Carmon, release qb Corp and safety Wild." I don't think Corp or Tanney are going to be the qb of the future. Buddys not napping.

I read elsewhere that Carmon was signed, as well as safety Nick Saenz, and Aaron Corp and safety Ian Wild were released. It's possible now that Corp has been released that they sign Tanney to be the developmental PS QB, although it's quite possible that neither of them impressed the coaches.

It's also possible that they plan on having Thigpen and Young battle it out for the back-up spot, as well as give Brad Smith some snaps as the #3 QB as well as keep his arm working for passes out of the Wildcat, so with four QBs in camp there really isn't any room to work in a fifth. And that a PS QB will only be brought in after TT or VY are released.

I know Chan loves Thigpen but I'll be the one to go out on a limb and say Tanney avoids PS and becomes our 3rd string QB behind VY and Thigpen gets let go... He costs too much to never be used. Simple logic... If VY wasn't on the squad I'd understand why Chan would keep TT... But VY IS here and that means TT exit this way please...

I know Chan loves Thigpen but I'll be the one to go out on a limb and say Tanney avoids PS and becomes our 3rd string QB behind VY and Thigpen gets let go... He costs too much to never be used. Simple logic... If VY wasn't on the squad I'd understand why Chan would keep TT... But VY IS here and that means TT exit this way please...

But VY may only be here for one year.

That factors in too.

But VY may only be here for one year.

That factors in too.

I suspect VY is a stop-gap measure at QB, and that the Bills brass have no intentions of keeping him around after this season. Heck, it's not even a lock that he will make it through training camp. A lot could change, however, if (god forbid) VY gets a lot of PT this season and performs well.

Bills on twitter- "announce signing of te/wr dickerson, safety Nick Saenz, ot Carmon, release qb Corp and safety Wild." I don't think Corp or Tanney are going to be the qb of the future. Buddys not napping.

Ralph bought him a coffee pot for Christmas this year??? :rolleyes:

I suspect VY is a stop-gap measure at QB, and that the Bills brass have no intentions of keeping him around after this season. Heck, it's not even a lock that he will make it through training camp. A lot could change, however, if (god forbid) VY gets a lot of PT this season and performs well.

I think there is approximately 1% chance of it happening, but if (god forbid) VY gets a lot of PT this season and performs well, he would very likely want to stay and sign a new contract. Unless it just happened to be that Fitz was playing very well, too, and then got hurt, but is projected to be back and being the starter next year with VY going back to back-up.

That scenario, of course, would be the least of the Bills problems, because that meant that Fitz played well and is a solid starter, and the team is good enough that a decent QB can come in and play well and win with Gailey and Lee as mentors.

The 3rd string QB is the 'Wildcat QB', the changes to the rule have now allowed teams to have a player on the roster that can be put into the game in place of the starting QB without having to remove the starter from the game. That is Brad Smiths position and the reason why they brought him here. The 3rd QB on teh depth chart will be a developmental Qb who will be put on the PS. There are only 2 spots up for grabs and that will be the #2 spot behind Fitz, between Young and Thigpen, winner gets teh #2 spot, loser looks for a job elsewhere. The only other QB sot up for grabs will be the developmental guy on the PS. The plan is that during workouts and training camp they figure out who they like better between Young and Thigpen. Only way someone like Tanney or Corps makes the active roster is as the #2, unless they feel that they can be just as versatile as Smith playing special teams and WR, and run the wildcat

I did not expect Corp to be released so soon!

an OT from Miss. St. wasn't he just drafted by baltimore?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-30/sports/bal-carmon-signs-with-ravens-20120429_1_mcclain-and-dannell-ellerbe-mike-flynn-ravens'>http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-30/sports/bal-carmon-signs-with-ravens-20120429_1_mcclain-and-dannell-ellerbe-mike-flynn-ravens

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-04-30/sports/bal-carmon-signs-with-ravens-20120429_1_mcclain-and-dannell-ellerbe-mike-flynn-ravens

So he WAS signed by the Ravens and the Giants worked him out also... http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/4/23/2966568/2012-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-james-carmon-ot-mississippi-state

"god forbid" a qb performing well on this team? I don't follow your logic...

"god forbid" a qb performing well on this team? I don't follow your logic...

I think he meant god forbid he gets a lot of playing time due to an injury to Fitz or Fitz flat out sucking - two things I don't want to happen either.

On the flip side, if that's what it take to find out that (unlikely as it may be) VY is the long term answer at QB, so be it. I'll be happy no matter who is behind center as long as the wins keep piling up.