Where are you now Bills Fan?

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From New Bedford, MA

to Colts Neck, NJ

and now Bangor, ME.

I am active duty Navy so I am not sure where I'll end up next. I've never been a Buffalonian, but I've always loved WNY and plan to end up there someday when its all said and done. :thumbsup:

Queens, N.Y. - home of fake jet fans... I never was a football fan and when I came back from the army in 2002, a couple childhood buddies of mine ended up becoming roomates and one day I went over to their apartment and they were watching the Jets game (they're jets fans). They simply asked me what team I liked (mind you, they could have recruited me right then and there to be a Jets fan) and I replied "well I don't watch football much but I remember as a kid growing up I liked to pick the Bills in the game tecmo bowl cuz their overall was the best.

My friends were like oh we hate the Bills, they're in our division and then they went on to tell me that we picked up this really good QB named Drew Bledsoe and our running back Travis Henry had one of the sickest stiff arms in the league and so on...

Long story short, I could only watch the Bills when they played the Jets here in nyc but I would listen to the games online. Went to my first game the following year in '03 and after seeing the good people of Buffalo I've been to at least 2 games every year since then... Buffalo just feels like home for me... No way to really describe it. It welcomes people or at least it did me...

I can't speak when a lot of you guys talk about the glory years cuz I never followed football back then like I do now but, at least you guys know what it feels like to watch the Bills play in the playoffs... All I've known is pain and disappointment since I've become a fan... This year will be mine and my poor girlfriend who I've also recruited to be a fan's year to celebrate hopefully.

Queens, N.Y. - home of fake jet fans... I never was a football fan and when I came back from the army in 2002, a couple childhood buddies of mine ended up becoming roomates and one day I went over to their apartment and they were watching the Jets game (they're jets fans). They simply asked me what team I liked (mind you, they could have recruited me right then and there to be a Jets fan) and I replied "well I don't watch football much but I remember as a kid growing up I liked to pick the Bills in the game tecmo bowl cuz their overall was the best.

My friends were like oh we hate the Bills, they're in our division and then they went on to tell me that we picked up this really good QB named Drew Bledsoe and our running back Travis Henry had one of the sickest stiff arms in the league and so on...

Long story short, I could only watch the Bills when they played the Jets here in nyc but I would listen to the games online. Went to my first game the following year in '03 and after seeing the good people of Buffalo I've been to at least 2 games every year since then... Buffalo just feels like home for me... No way to really describe it. It welcomes people or at least it did me...

I can't speak when a lot of you guys talk about the glory years cuz I never followed football back then like I do now but, at least you guys know what it feels like to watch the Bills play in the playoffs... All I've known is pain and disappointment since I've become a fan... This year will be mine and my poor girlfriend who I've also recruited to be a fan's year to celebrate hopefully.

Welcome to BILLS NATION, ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE!

Born in Buffalo, now in Chapel Thrill, NC (since '98). Season ticket holder since 1990. Dad was ST holder from team's inception through 1980, when we moved to NJ. So my family has had ST for all but ten seasons of the franchise's existence.

Going to school at UB, but originally from albany. Have been a die hard since I was a kid!

You'll Love UB. Best decision I ever made going there.

Born and raised in Rochester. Went to school in Buffalo now living between Albany and NYC but planning on moving back to Buffalo. Miss it mucho

Toronto..aka Robert Redfordville. I pay a lot of money to have your team for one day a year (the preseason cuddlefest is just a tease..doesn't count). But you always go back home because we both know that's where you belong and where you're happy. As he says in the end, "She'll never look at me the way she looks at him."

Half the year in Fins country (Key West), the other half Pats* country (Martha's Vineyard). Been tough being a Bills fan, had to listen to a lotta s**t last several years. This year is payback!