UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If this happens, i'd think Thigpen and Brad Smith are both expendable. Fitz, Young, and a developmental for QB3.

I dont understand everyone wanting to ditch Smith so bad. Guy can play receiver, Gunner, Kick returner and QB and pick up short yardage in the wildcat. He saves roster spots and ask any jets fans, this guy makes plays

I wasn't the one who said it would be done in 48 hours a week ago.

Bag on me all you want. There are people on this site who know that my connection to the team is legit.

I'm not bagging on anyone. I truly want sources. As far as the credibility of yours, only you know that. You could be Budda Nix himself for all I know.

Our new QB coach was the architect of the Wildcat. Smith = Wildcat quarterback.

Yeah I honestly dont see Brad Smith going anywhere.......it would be a situation of Fitz, V. Young is the backup, and Brad Smith is the 3rd QB and wildcat option QB

All this is thigpen vs v. young....that is it and that is all....Chan has committed to Fitzpatrick

I dont understand everyone wanting to ditch Smith so bad. Guy can play receiver, Gunner, Kick returner and QB and pick up short yardage in the wildcat. He saves roster spots and ask any jets fans, this guy makes plays

Although I somewhat believe in your arguments I will play devils advocate here and argue for the hell of it.

1. I don't EVER believe any Jets fan nor do I think they actually know anything about football other than how to hop on the nearest bandwagon.

2. He's extremely overpaid. Even if you factored in his best season ever he wouldn't be worth $4 mil a year.

3. He absolutely sucked at KR for us. I don't want to hear anything about how the rule changes made the difference because the Jets got better without Smith. And we were much better near the end of the year when a completely raw rookie was returning kicks (Rodgers).

4. He was not really good at wildcat. I saw him throw once the entire year (that I can remember) at home and the pass was so far off target it might as well have been a punt. His running behind the line was good for about 2 yards maybe and he was horrible back there. He looked like a lost dog condistantly changing direction anot not picking up any additional yardage.

5. With the exception of a big TD catch against his former team (which was luck IMO) he didn't do anything at WR all year.

Personally I think he stays and I want him to stay only to see him in the WR role full time. Hopefully we can see some real improvment from his this year because if he doesn't he won't make it to year 3. He'll be back with the Jets this time next season, and we will get to listen to all the idiot Jets fans talk about how great he is and how it will be the difference to getting them to the SB.

Jets fan: "OMG, just imagine Smith and Tebow both in the backfield...... Oh the possibilities."

Any real football fan: "Yup, an interception is possible on any play, the possibilities are endless."

Well he might have played all those positions, but he didn't play any of them very well.

This just in: New players rarely play well for their new teams in their first season. Their biggest effect is usually on the team they leave.

Exactly. Particularly true last year, with the shortened preseason.. The situation with Smith last year was also exacerbated by the lack of receiving options late in the year which forced Smith into a WR role full time. This is not his strength. I am excited to see how Chan integrates him this year.

Edited by MDFan

Our new QB coach was the architect of the Wildcat. Smith = Wildcat quarterback.

And Young would be an instant upgrade for the wildcat. Think about a wildcat where there is an actual threat to throw the ball.

And Young would be an instant upgrade for the wildcat. Think about a wildcat where there is an actual threat to throw the ball.

I don't see Young as a between the tackles short yardage runner.

Short yardage situations? You don't see the value in being able to guarantee a 3rd and 2 conversion?

Not with VY on the roster and a 3.75 million cap hit for Smith. If you see value in that and no one else on the team able to pick up 3rd and 2, so be it

1336698757[/url]' post='2463788']

agree to disagree. A versatile player like Brad Smith is extremely valuable and IMO worth every penny.

Is this a different Brad Smith than the guy who played for the Bills last year, because that Brad Smith didn't do jack.

Edited by John Adams

Not with VY on the roster and a 3.75 million cap hit for Smith. If you see value in that and no one else on the team able to pick up 3rd and 2, so be it

This hits it on the head for me. Didn't we have 2 RBs with close to or over 5yard averages on the team last year? One of which people in this board were calling MVP mid season? If you can't count on that guy to get you 2 yards for a first down what the hell are you doing in fhe NFL?

I also never believed in the wildcat. It's a gimmick formation. It doesn't work for realistic pickups. When Brad Smith was in the game last year did you ever get a feeling we were going to throw it?.... Neither did any defense we were playing. It was just a matter of fhe defense getting bowled over by our oline, and if that's the case I feel more comfortable with a RB that gets paid to run the ball and puts it away like a short yardage runner should. Not some half @&$ed QB/WR/KR holding the ball like a loaf of bread while he changes direction right off the snap 3 times because he doesn't know where to go or how to properly read a defense.