UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

How fast can we ride his azz out of town?

/sarcasm

But in reality, hate this move. Just when I thought the Bills were done dealing with headcases ...

The Bills can deal with them. TO was fine here, he HAD to be. I don't doubt Chan told him when he worked out that there would be none of the past immaturity issues or else he'd be gone, and no one in the NFL would touch him again. Just like TO, he has to work, he will work, and he will be a good backup.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Even though I am not a huge fan of Young and this signing, I really don't think that even Young being a malcontent (which I am not predicting) will have any effect on the Bills locker room unless Fitz completely craps the bed and the team goes on a long losing streak while playing great defense. And that ain't happening barring major injuries again.

Put it this way, Fred Jackson, Nick Barnett, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman, George Wilson, and Ryan Fitzpatrick are NOT going to let Vince friggin' Young take over the Bills locker room. he would be found upside down in a trash can outside the Ralph before that happens.

Skip Bayless ‏ @RealSkipBayless

Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East.

Bayless is such an :censored: Fitz is the starter on this team.

IMO this is nothing like Flutie/Johnson, and anyone who you see calling for Young to start merely outs themselves as an idiot, loudmouth fan who knows nothing about the team. Not worried about a fan-perceived "controversy", Buddy is way smarter than all of them.

Go Bills! :thumbsup:

Fitz has built up way too much equity in the locker room for a QB controversy. He's got guys that'll go to battle for him. That is until he has three game losing streak with 9 picks during that span. Please no.

Even though I am not a huge fan of Young and this signing, I really don't think that even Young being a malcontent (which I am not predicting) will have any effect on the Bills locker room unless Fitz completely craps the bed and the team goes on a long losing streak while playing great defense. And that ain't happening barring major injuries again.

Put it this way, Fred Jackson, Nick Barnett, Kyle Williams, Mario Williams, Shawne Merriman, George Wilson, and Ryan Fitzpatrick are NOT going to let Vince friggin' Young take over the Bills locker room. he would be found upside down in a trash can outside the Ralph before that happens.

Perfect. Couldn't have said it better. Vince will be a good boy this year or it's his swan song.

+1

I really don't understand the hate for him as a backup to Fitz???? I see Chan using him in the wildcat sub-package and red-zone if need be. Also what's not to like about a backup QB with starter experience and a winning record to beat.IMHO, Some of these posters need to get off their high horse because i'm pretty sure they have made mistakes in the past....prolly not I forgot everyone here seems to have lived the model life. :unsure:

I really don't think that's why many here are reluctant. It's about what will happen to team chemistry if VY hasn't learned from his past mistakes. I'm sure Buddy & Chan have addressed this & are on top of it. In any case, I think most of us agree that his ability far exceeds that of Thigpen...so I am reluctantly on board with this...for now anyway.

Vince Young eventually will be the starting quarterback of the Buffalo Bills, who'll start causing problems in the AFC East.

Fitz has not proven to be a top 15 QB yet. So until he does, guys like VY will be there and poised to take his job.

Was never a fan of VY's, but I like him as out backup. The 1-year deal solidifies his backup status.

Side note that Im not sure has been mentioned here... The Bills now have the #1 and #3 overall picks from the 2006 draft on their roster. Stockpiling talent for sure.

Now if we still managed to have our 2006 pick at #8 on the roster... (say we'd taken Ngata instead of Whitner)

How fast can we ride his azz out of town?

/sarcasm

But in reality, hate this move. Just when I thought the Bills were done dealing with headcases ...

I like it. We seem as solid as we've been in a long time. We're not just barely (or not quite) holding it together as a team. I don't get the sense VY really could rock the boat enough to threaten the team.

I'd like to see us give VY 3 plays he runs again and again and again in practice where we could bring him in occasionally and give our opponents one more thing to prepare for.

Reserving judgment.

Please, please, please fans: Do not call for Young to start as soon as Fitz hits a skid. Can I get an amen on this? Fitz, like most QBs, will have a skid.

Amen!

Which means VY will be a camp cut.

PTR

The Bills can deal with them. TO was fine here, he HAD to be. I don't doubt Chan told him when he worked out that there would be none of the past immaturity issues or else he'd be gone, and no one in the NFL would touch him again. Just like TO, he has to work, he will work, and he will be a good backup.

The comparison to TO is not even close.

TO's problem was "ego".

Young's problem is "mental", literally.

Everybody remembers Young's hissy fit and tantrum where he threw his pads in the stands, but people forgot what happened before that.

That's not immature behavior, that's something deeper.

If he out plays fitz and earns the starting position making the team better, it's to the teams benefit.

To elaborate on Skips point, by the end of the season AFC E starting QBs could be Brady, young, Tebow and tannehill

Wow they signed him. :) I really didn't think it would happen. Say what you want guys but at least we got us a legit backup QB that has won some games in the NFL.

Think about it. I am sure the Bills knew that Fitz had broke his ribs after Fletcher drilled him last yr. If they had any sort of confidence in Thigpen he would have played a couple of games.

I don't think this has anything to do with Fitz. This says alot about the lack of faith in Thigpen.

But what if Vince takes this seriously and gets his game together enough to convince Chan to play him?? I remember when Vince with the Titans came to town and beat the Bills almost by himself.

This is an very interesting signing. Dying for training camp to start.

Wow they signed him. :) I really didn't think it would happen. Say what you want guys but at least we got us a legit backup QB that has won some games in the NFL.

Makes me think the Bills are planning on contending this year...and when I say "contending," I mean Super Bowl. They go out and sign an unreal insurance policy at back-up QB--they ain't messing around.

Props to you kabnt2005... Like everyone here, I've been curious about this signing for several days and had hoped your prediction was legitimate.. Good call!

If nothing else, this is insurance in case Fitzpatrick goes down.. and an interesting wildcat option. Hopefully, VY's issues are behind him.

As far as a QB controversy, nothing surprises me in the NFL. Its certainly possible if Fitz struggles at one point or another. The media will certainly bring up the issue if given an excuse as will some fans. I believe Gailey will play it smart... Fitz is his guy, so unless he struggles badly during the season, I doubt Young takes the spot.