RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After meeting Gilmore tonight, and actually talking with him a bit, I'll retract everything else here. He's a great guy, and I think he's just now starting to appreciate what it means (to us) to be a BIll.

Where did you meet him?

BTW, love the pick. Position of need and BPA.

Who is Stephon Gilmore?

STEPHON STILES GILMORE

OVERVIEW

Since the turn of the century, the Gamecocks have produced a long line of standout defensive backs who went on to stardom in the National Football League, including Pro Bowlers Johnathan Joseph and Dunta Robinson. All South Carolina secondary standouts might have to combine their best assets to produce on Stephon Stiles Gilmore, a player who might be the best product produced by Steve Spurrier since he took over the program in 2005.

"...he has a muscular physique with a defined upper body, good trapezoid and pectoral development, tight waist and hips, good bubble, strong thighs, knotted calves and minimal body fat."

:huh:

Wonder if he likes dogs, long walks on the beach and fine dining, too?

"...he has a muscular physique with a defined upper body, good trapezoid and pectoral development, tight waist and hips, good bubble, strong thighs, knotted calves and minimal body fat."

"…those sculpted calves then descend into perfectly tapered ankles before merging with perfectly pedicured feet featuring pleasingly lifted arches."

!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

What kind of scouting report is this?

:devil:

"…those sculpted calves then descend into perfectly tapered ankles before merging with perfectly pedicured feet featuring pleasingly lifted arches."

!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Romance novel!

PTR

Can't accuse of Nix of trying to be sneaky. There's no one he talked up more than Gilmore. Feel a little disappointed. Would've liked this pick if were able to trade back a couple spots and get an extra pick.

At the risk of somebody taking him before us.

!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

One written by Lana.

This may turn out to be one great draft...

"I know at least two teams that have him (Gilmore) rated higher than Claiborne" - Peter King

“This will probably come across as bold or controversial, I just base it from what I see on film, but I think the best corner in this year’s draft is Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina.. I start watching college tape about a week after the Super Bowl, and you keep doing it up until, so you watch more and more and you update." - Greg Cossell, NFL Films

"There are those who believe Gilmore is better than Claiborne. I'm one of them" - Doug Farrar (Shutdown corner blog)

There are some people on this board who will vehemently argue to death that Claiborne is way better. I should know I have argued the same point and provided more than enough info to prove these facts; hopefully you have more luck :thumbsup:

He played great with a lot less on defense. I for one think our 2 CBs will be great players for years to come

This may turn out to be one great draft...

"I know at least two teams that have him (Gilmore) rated higher than Claiborne" - Peter King

“This will probably come across as bold or controversial, I just base it from what I see on film, but I think the best corner in this year’s draft is Stephon Gilmore from South Carolina.. I start watching college tape about a week after the Super Bowl, and you keep doing it up until, so you watch more and more and you update." - Greg Cossell, NFL Films

"There are those who believe Gilmore is better than Claiborne. I'm one of them" - Doug Farrar (Shutdown corner blog)

This is good info. I don't care if some random Bills fan thinks Gilmore is better than Claiborne. But King's and Cossell's quotes are impressive. Makes me feel better about the pick which surprised me somewhat when it happened.

There are some people on this board who will vehemently argue to death that Claiborne is way better. I should know I have argued the same point and provided more than enough info to prove these facts; hopefully you have more luck :thumbsup:

He played great with a lot less on defense. I for one think our 2 CBs will be great players for years to come

Excellent point!! Claiborne lined up with Peterson and Honey Badger the past two years. Gilmore did not have top five picks with him.