RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is an excellent pick, I had Kirkpatrick mocked to the Bills, but in my defense that was 3 weeks ago.

If you don't think CB was a huge need for this team, maybe you should step back and reassess exactly how much you know about football vs. how much you think you know about football. I've even heard someone in this thread call CB a "non-impact" position. LOL.

Here's some food for thought, after QB and pass rusher, CB is the hardest position to fill. We all know the league has shifted to the pass, and nowadays above average CBs like Carr and Finnegan command $50M+ contracts. Our D may look good in the base formation against a base offense, but bring in N.E. and their 4 and 5 WR/TE sets - and all of a sudden it looks like a train wreck.

Yes we need a left tackle, there was one worth taking in the first round and his name was Kalil. That's the reason they are all still on the board (and no, Reiff is not a LT).

Sure we could use a WR, but this year's class is very deep, and there are some amazing players left on the board.

And for those of you out on the ledge - great news! Nix has said he wants to add two CBs, so when we take another one in round 4, you can finally jump.

Great post.

This is an excellent pick, I had Kirkpatrick mocked to the Bills, but in my defense that was 3 weeks ago.

If you don't think CB was a huge need for this team, maybe you should step back and reassess exactly how much you know about football vs. how much you think you know about football. I've even heard someone in this thread call CB a "non-impact" position. LOL.

Here's some food for thought, after QB and pass rusher, CB is the hardest position to fill. We all know the league has shifted to the pass, and nowadays above average CBs like Carr and Finnegan command $50M+ contracts. Our D may look good in the base formation against a base offense, but bring in N.E. and their 4 and 5 WR/TE sets - and all of a sudden it looks like a train wreck.

Yes we need a left tackle, there was one worth taking in the first round and his name was Kalil. That's the reason they are all still on the board (and no, Reiff is not a LT).

Sure we could use a WR, but this year's class is very deep, and there are some amazing players left on the board.

And for those of you out on the ledge - great news! Nix has said he wants to add two CBs, so when we take another one in round 4, you can finally jump.

Anyone that would call him a booze hound. Totally lame and you know it. He was a typical college kid and messed up by driving while drinking. That idiot Howard Simon said on the air that Floyd was questionable because of his THREE DUIs. Total bull ****. He had ONE DUI and did get caught at two underage parties over the course of a couple years. Hell of a difference...get it right, ND haters.

Gonna resort to being a dick?? Hurt my Feelings?? No. Where the fvck are you coming from, big guy??

You need to chill ASAP.

Easley was ripping it up until the mystery illness. If he is 100% we rock with Easley

Really hoping for big things from him. I don't think that this means the Bills are not going to get some talent at WR in this draft though.

Stevie Johnson will continue to be triple teamed. Would have loved Floyd.

Don't fret, plenty of quality WRs to grab at 41 or 71. As Buddy noted, this draft is deep at WR. We can get a higher quality WR later than we could have gotten a higher quality CB. Though not the sexy pick we all would have loved, this was a smart pick.

I like the pick - I think we got good value, and at a position of need too.

The one thing that concerns me is that during Chan's presser after the pick, I had a flashback moment when he said "I don't think you can ever have enough good corners in the NFL." Reminded me of the Jauronian days.

I seriously wonder if he may not figure out a way to get out of the Bills. Even CFL. What A look of misery.

I too thought it was weird that the guy did not show any emotion. However, please read the first post in this thread where a Gamecock fan says that in 4 years, Gilmore has rarely if ever displayed any emotion including a smile:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/145142-hey-guys-gamecock-fan-here/

There, now I can sleep well. Good night guys, tomorrow evening will be even more fun as I am expecting the FO to start loading up on Offense.