S Mark Barron discussion

Haplo848

which is why Casserly no longer works for an NFL in player evaluation

He took Mario over Bush when everybody said he was crazy to do it (including me at the time). He also said he wouldn't take Cam Newton in the first round. The

draft is a dice game. Casserly worked in the NFL for over twenty five years for a reason. It's not because he was incompetent.

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has him at 15[/url]

Charlie Casserly does and Nawrocki has him at 15, the second highest DB on his board.

He's not my first pick, but I won't bat an eye if Barron's the way Buddy goes. I want smart, hard-nosed football players that can make a difference on this team and he fits the bill.

Well OK...Casserly's one...That's one out of how many? And a lot of Folks have him between 15-20...I just don't see where he is a Top 10 Prospect, and it's almost 100% guarantee that there will be a higher rated guy at a need position at #10...If it's a smart-hard nosed football player were looking for, I'll take Kuechley over Barron...He's higher rated at a MUCH bigger need position...

Like I said before...If SS was a big need, Barron was more versatile, or he was higher rated, I would be more comfortable with the chance of picking him...I just hope this is not Whitner/Ngata all over again if The Bills take Barron, and pass on someone at a greater need area...That's all I'm saying... B-)

I just dont see why everyone would hate drafting one of the leaders of one of the best defences I have ever seen in my 30 years of watching football. He was a vocal leader that called the plays. I dont care if they pick someone the draftniks say is a 7th round pick in the first as long as it is a good player that is here and productive long term. Fina was supposedly taken way to high and he worked out good. Just get a good player, if its barron so be it.

Now, I'm not saying I like this pick. In fact, I think it's a horrible one, since we already have Byrd and Wilson who played really well last year. But for the past few days, I've been hearing that the Bills really like Barron, that he could be a surprise pick of the Bills. Even Chris Brown on BB.com's Fan Friday this week talked about how much the Bills liked him. I keep thinking "That's a horrible pick, we're set there, there's no way we go that way," but then I remember thinking the same exact things in the last week before the draft two years ago when people would say how the Bills were going to pick Spiller. And we all know how that turned out. I for one am going to prepare myself to accept the fact the Bills are drafting a safety...

never say never but i doubt it. Need for WR, OT, LB trumps the need for a safety.

McLuvin is horrible, but it't not that the draft is that mcuh of a crap shoot, the Bills have just been worse at it than

everybody else: for a long time.

Take a look at the DBs drafted by the Bills during failed Levy/Jauron era, and only getting 1 starter. It's not even a crap shoot for the Bills. They would have done better simply buying a couple draft mags, putting together their draft board based on that, and throwing darts to see who they should select in each round.

never say never but i doubt it. Need for WR, OT, LB trumps the need for a safety.

Right, the Bills need another 1st round DB like they need a hole in the head.

Draft a 1st round O lineman or WR, maybe LB, or trade down.

When I clicked on this thread, my FEAR was that the poster's name would be NEVERGIVEUP.

Dodged that bullet.

They are not taking Barron. It'll be Kooky or Fleener (if its a surprise pick). They look ready to get the best player in the draft at some position, but that position wont be Safety (or, if there is a god, running back). I'm all for BPA but that would be stupid.

Fleener at 10?? Not happening.

More than a third of safeties selected early have made the trip to the Pro Bowl on more than one occasion. Given this track record, the teams taking a look at Alabama safety Mark Barron should feel good about his future.

While the sample sizes aren't huge for interior offensive linemen, those who have been good enough to warrant selection in the first round over the last 10 years have generally not disappointed. That's a strong indicator for teams eyeing players at these positions with first-round grades this year such as Stanford guard David DeCastro, Georgia guard Cordy Glenn and Wisconsin center Peter Konz.

Here are first-round picks from the last 10 years who made more than one Pro Bowl appearance:

Quarterbacks: 6 of 30 = 20 percent

Running Backs: 4 of 27 = 14.8 percent

Wide Receivers: 4 of 37 = 10.8 percent

Tight Ends: 1 of 13 = 7.6 percent

Offensive Tackles: 5 of 37 = 13.5 percent

Centers: 2 of 7 = 28.5 percent

Guards: 3 of 7 = 42.8 percent

Defensive Ends: 4 of 41 = 9.7 percent

Defensive Tackles: 6 of 33 = 18.1 percent

Linebackers: 8 of 32 = 25.0 percent

Cornerbacks: 6 of 39 = 15.3 percent

Safeties: 6 of 16 = 37.5 percent

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-04-22/nfl-draft-2012-first-round-disappointments#ixzz1ssq8qFIE

Edited by papazoid

Poor guy, they are comparing him to Ronnie Lott. Alabama is predicted to have around four of their players go in the 1st Round. While Kuechly sounds like a strong pick, the Bills already did some free agent work on the defense. A solid pick at left tackle makes sense if Fitz is the liability some describe him to be. I didn't see enough of Alabama to know anything about Barron. But as a team, Alabama's defense was stout.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-farmer-nfl-draft-20120422,0,1210658.column

Poor guy, they are comparing him to Ronnie Lott. Alabama is predicted to have around four of their players go in the 1st Round. While Kuechly sounds like a strong pick, the Bills already did some free agent work on the defense. A solid pick at left tackle makes sense if Fitz is the liability some describe him to be. I didn't see enough of Alabama to know anything about Barron. But as a team, Alabama's defense was stout.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-farmer-nfl-draft-20120422,0,1210658.column

I like Barron, but I hope we don't draft him.

Barron highlights

I was all set on Fletcher Cox or Luke Kuechly. Then heard all the rumbling about Barron. Have any of the negative posters watched this guy. He hits like a mack truck, and from the looks of it, was the general on that Alabama team. For anyone that says we have enough good safeties.....we haven't had a safety like this in forever.

Can you imagine Barron in the first and Hightower in the 2nd?

I am 100% OK with either Barron or Kuechly at #10.

Barron highlights

I was all set on Fletcher Cox or Luke Kuechly. Then heard all the rumbling about Barron. Have any of the negative posters watched this guy. He hits like a mack truck, and from the looks of it, was the general on that Alabama team. For anyone that says we have enough good safeties.....we haven't had a safety like this in forever.

Can you imagine Barron in the first and Hightower in the 2nd?

I am 100% OK with either Barron or Kuechly at #10.

I watched at least 50% of Barron's tape...I'm an Alabama tape junkie...He's a VERY good College player...Especially last year and 09...

I still don't think it's a smart pick for The Bills at this time...He's an NFL SS...I know he looks to be this Field General FS type in Alabama...But I don't feel he is going to project that way into the NFL...I think he's MUCH more of a downhill, in-the-box-type SS...Not that he can't drop...But I don't think he's going to be elite, or great, in that area in the NFL...I think his cap will be an Adrian Wilson type SS...Which is very good don't get me wrong, and probably even worthy of #10 overall...But I don't think it's (SS) a big enough need right now, and the Bills have HUGE needs elsewhere...For Barron to play as a Rookie, The Bills are going to have to sit a good Player, and Team Leader, in Wilson...Plus he leapfrogs Searcy who showed flashes as a Rookie...Who are they going to have to sit if the Pick is Kuechly, Floyd, Gilmore, or Glenn? They're trying to build a Team, not collect talent (got that one from Mike Lombardi...he got it from Bill Belichick)...

Anyway...If the Pick is Barron so be it...But I'm not going to be too happy about a Top 10 SS...They said great things about Whitner too...Not saying Barron is Whitner...Just saying... B-)

If it's B