S Mark Barron discussion

Haplo848

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. Safety isn't a need area in my opinion and there are too many other areas that could use a talent upgrade.

I can see us taking a safety, but only for depth/special teams and not before Saturday.

Well...No...

But to be fair JP was a QB, and Barron/Whitner are Strong Safeties...And at this time in 2006 there were some teams, like the Bills, who felt Whitner was the next coming as well...I think Barron is a better player coming out...But he's a SS...And I don't believe in Drafting SS's high...Especially SS's who don't project well to FS in the NFL...Whitner only helps that argument...But I hear what you're saying...I would take an Eric Berry type S at #10 Overall in this Draft if that helps... B-)

Good points, but you don't take any safety in the first unless your team is so stacked you can splurge. It's a low impact position, relatively. We would immediately be no better off than we are now.

Edited by Mr. WEO

huh?

It was actually just a few snide remarks towards Ralph several years back. Throw in the Meachum theft and he just kind of rubs me wrong. I glad that we got Buddy Nix, I hope that it burnt Smith's ass. He's a smug bastard and I guess that I just don't like him.

It was actually just a few snide remarks towards Ralph several years back. Throw in the Meachum theft and he just kind of rubs me wrong. I glad that we got Buddy Nix, I hope that it burnt Smith's ass. He's a smug bastard and I guess that I just don't like him.

Meachum theft? Buddy was free to "steal" Meachum, but he didn't want to pay the guy that money. How is that Smith's fault?

The Chargers' recent signing of Roscoe Parrish was interesting too.

And of course this is all in the context of the Merriman signing and Nix's non-amicable departure from San Diego.

It's not hard to imagine some competitive dislike between the two organizations.

Meachum theft? Buddy was free to "steal" Meachum, but he didn't want to pay the guy that money. How is that Smith's fault?

You're right to a point but a deal was basicly made on the phone while Meachum was still in Buffalo. I haven't really ever heard of that happening before, have you? If so it's not a common practice. Look, AJ Smith is an intentional SOB in my book and if Buffalo could stick it in his ass by either taking a player that he covets or bleeding him for a so called such player then I would really enjoy it. Call me petty but anyone splews poison about anyone or anything about our franchise then I don't forget it and I consider them an enemy. AJ Smith can kiss my ass for all that I care but if he doesn't start getting that team deep into the play-offs soon then he may be looking for a job and THAT would suit me just fine.

With all these teams wanting Barron, it may not be a bad idea to actually draft him, and see what we can get when there is an actual bidding war for him. If we don't get what we like, we have an Ed Reed type player in the secondary, and that value cannot be underestimated.

Cox? :blink: Why Cox?

A. He is a beast who can play every position on the line

B. Depth and rotation

C. Justin Tuck

D. BPA

He's a player who could put this defense over the top.

Edited by JPS