Make your pick now for the draft

I say Floyd because he will be the most talented guy on the board when the Bills pick. Second choice will be Glenn, but I simply don't think Buddy will reach on anyone, whether we need a LT or not. They'll likely have a shot at a highly rated OT/LB in the second round.

Stephon Gilmore. Like Kuechly, he fills a posiition of need, but one I see as higher than OLB. Not knowing off the top of my head, but Florence has got to be close to 30, McGee is on the wrong side of 30, and this is a sink or swim year for McLovin. He either figures it out or he's done.

Gilmore has all the traits you want in a CB in this NFL. Size, speed, experience, desire to improve (dedication to weight room and film room) and he started at CB and played at a high level right off the bat from his first day on campus at South Carolina despite being a high school QB who didn't play defense.

I would not be upset at all if they drafted Gilmore. Everything you said makes sense.

But since I wrote about Floyd in an earlier post my pick is Floyd.

They still need somebody opposite Stevie. Id rather go into the season with Stevie and Floyd as my starting WR's. Jones,Easley or either Brad Smith is a downgrade from Floyd IMO and he makes the team much better. CB's are deep in this yrs class and they can get a good one in the 2nd round.

1334679835[/url]' post='2438740']

Stephen hill-WR Georigia Tech

He matches everything buddy and chan like we need a receiver, has size speed and huge upside

Well probs be the first big reach of this draft but the more I think he has ties to the south and we "reached" on spiller so why not hill...in the second possibly bobbie massie the OT from ole miss, southern ties and slowly climbing draft boards

we did the opposite of reached. He was the bpa at a position we were already solid. A reach is when you take someone that wasn't projected among the best on the board. Spiller was one of the best on the board. Hill is most definitely a reach. His upside is great for sure, but it's hard to predict his future. Little production due to the offense he played, amazing combine.

My top choices:

1: Floyd- I think he can be a good #1. His ability to catch balls that aren't thrown accurately is a necessity for our current offense IMO.

2: Gilmore/Kirkpatrick- both great tacklers and athletes. Gilmore is better in man. Kirkpatrick is better in zone. With today's pass happy offenses, getting great cover guys is a must. Not sure which guy I like more.

3: kuechly- I believe he will be a solid 10 year+ LB. good in coverage and is a sure tackler with great instincts. He's the safest pick IMO.

4: Glenn- I like him more than the other LTs. Not a safe pick IMO, but fills a need, even if he doesn't start. He can backup any position other than center and our depth is thin.

I think it is hilarious that nobody on this board mentioned Gilmore until a few weeks ago when Mayock mentioned his name as a possibility.

Actually I mentioned him in early March when he was a #42 pick on DraftTek's Mock Draft. I said:

"The savvy, hard-hitting Gilmore is an excellent pick, one that might just trump Aaron Williams’ RD2 selection last year. Compared with Williams, Gilmore has more height (he’s 6’2” to Williams’ generous 6’0”), better speed (4.40 to 4.56), better blitz skills, and similar change of direction (3.94 shuttle to 4.07, and 6.61 to 6.72 in the 3-cone). This speedy duo of aggressive cornerbacks would rival most NFL teams, and under McGee’s tutelage, Williams-Gilmore could rival the Bills’ all-time CB tandems. As a returner, Gilmore would also be taught by McGee, with his NFL’s third-highest-yards-per-return. Say goodbye to Leodis, Corner (a FA anyway), and possibly even DrayFlo if this is the pick here. " :flirt:

I predict the Bills will pick Cordy Glenn.

Cash Knows Nix! :thumbsup:

I would say that (if he's there) the pick will be Floyd. However, I can see Cordy Glenn or Gilmore as options. I really don't think the pick is Reiff, and I would be more than surprised to see Buddy select him. Both Spiller and Dareus are extremely good athletes, and Rieff doesn't fit that mold.

we did the opposite of reached. He was the bpa at a position we were already solid. A reach is when you take someone that wasn't projected among the best on the board. Spiller was one of the best on the board. Hill is most definitely a reach. His upside is great for sure, but it's hard to predict his future. Little production due to the offense he played, amazing combine.

My top choices:

1: Floyd- I think he can be a good #1. His ability to catch balls that aren't thrown accurately is a necessity for our current offense IMO.

2: Gilmore/Kirkpatrick- both great tacklers and athletes. Gilmore is better in man. Kirkpatrick is better in zone. With today's pass happy offenses, getting great cover guys is a must. Not sure which guy I like more.

3: kuechly- I believe he will be a solid 10 year+ LB. good in coverage and is a sure tackler with great instincts. He's the safest pick IMO.

4: Glenn- I like him more than the other LTs. Not a safe pick IMO, but fills a need, even if he doesn't start. He can backup any position other than center and our depth is thin.

I like your reasoning on everyone, except Glenn. It is not a good enough (IMHO) if he "fills a need, even if he doesn't start" I very strongly disagree that the #1 pick has to start as a rookie, BUT it isn't good enough to find a good backup for the entire OL with the 10th pick of the draft. If they can't project any OL as a sure-starter, then they need to go in another direction.

Reiff.....will start from day 1......a mauler in the run game, has excellent footwork, plays with aggression, uses his hands and leverage well (was a wrestler) and shows excellent technique while blocking on the edge.

He hasn't visited has he?

1334705621[/url]' post='2439179']

I like your reasoning on everyone, except Glenn. It is not a good enough (IMHO) if he "fills a need, even if he doesn't start" I very strongly disagree that the #1 pick has to start as a rookie, BUT it isn't good enough to find a good backup for the entire OL with the 10th pick of the draft. If they can't project any OL as a sure-starter, then they need to go in another direction.

Agreed, which is why I'd prefer Floyd, Kirkpatrick/Gilmore or kuechly. I think all of those guys will be starters by years end, if not game 1.

Looks like we have a few "al davis" type GMs here on the board. So many people enamoured by the size and speed of hill that they would bypass guaranteed starters in order to get Hill.

So many draft threads , didn't dare start a new one...

Here's mine ...flame away.

pick#10 1st Luke Kuechy ILB Boston college

pick#41 2nd Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama

pick#71 3rd Lavonte David OSLB Nebraska

pick#105 4th Matt McCants OT UAB

pick#124 4th Orson Charles TE Georgia

pick#144 5th Justin Bethal CB Presbyterian

pick#147 5th Andrew Datko OT Florida State

pick#178 6th Marvin McNutt WR Iowa

pick#217 7th Nick Foles QB Arizona

pick#251 7th Josh Ogelsby OT Wisconson

Floyd is my pick. Offense with Jackson, Spiller, Johnson, Floyd, Chandler and a batch of pretty good 3rd or 4th WRs would be nice. Floyd is a big, physical player that can go up and compete for balls and has decent if not blinding speed. That is a skill set I haven't seen from anyone on the current roster. Floyd is also a pretty decent blocker which doesn't hurt. OL and D depth the rest of the way. That being said, I wouldn't hate it if the Bills took a gamble with Wilson if he falls far enough.

Reiff.....will start from day 1......a mauler in the run game, has excellent footwork, plays with aggression, uses his hands and leverage well (was a wrestler) and shows excellent technique while blocking on the edge.

Better get on the phone and tell Buddy then:

"Nix on Reiff: "He's very athletic. He's not a power guy, but he can anchor when he has good technique."

I agree with the posters that say it will be someone that has visited OBD and if it is Glenn, Gilmore, or Hightower and now Kuechly I'd be ok with it and I'd love it to be Blackmon if he fell. Please no Kirkpatrick or Martin that high. But all in all I trust Nix and my only real HOPE is that we take a chance on Russell Wilson...the more I watch him the more I want him to be a Bill, watch his highlights, listen to him in a press conference, see him on the sideline interacting with teammates and you've got to watch the Gruden Camp...he's a special kid and will make some team very lucky (hope its us)

Edited by NeverOutNick

Who do I want? DeCastro simply because he can dominate run blocking, gets to the 2nd level, good pass blocking well, rolls out and moves with ease. Just a stud. With him, Levitre, and Wood in the middle they will just blow holes throw people over and over and Over. Such a threat as this will help open up the passing game.

Let's say Nix drafts a decent LT in mid round (which he's capable of doing) to back up and compete with Hairston to help solidify the line. The interior could become a monster with depth.

To be honest I've tried over and over to talk myself out of wanting DeCastro to be the pick. He doesn't fill an immediate need but the guys such a stud. He can flat out dominate. I realize it's not recommended to pick up a guard so soon and I doubt Nix will pick him due to his previously stated reasons.

Ok so it prolly won't be DeCastro so who do I think Nix will pick? Most likely a corner. Whichever has visited. I dont think Keuchley is at the top of his list tho. Just my wild buzzed guess.

Martin -- LT, Stanford. If he was good enough to protect Luck's backside for three years, he's good enough for us.

Agreed. If great workouts inflate average players, a bad workout may undervalue great players. He can get stromger and he has the size and feet to play LT. Hairston is the swing tackle or competes fot the starting RT job.

Mark Barron S from Alabama...gotta deal with Gronk and Hernandez!!!

If you can't beatem joinem... Coby Fleener

He makes the most sense. Fortify this defense and take your offensive players in the next couple of rounds if need be.

Make your pick now and state why. The draft is right around the corner and the excitement is really starting to mount!

Go Bills!

Kirkpatrick is a better fit for us and is a more physical player.

Kirkpatrick is a better fit for us and is a more physical player.

Right now barring a trade up for Kalil or Blackmon falling to #10, I'm thinking the pick will be Dre Kirkpatrick. Solid, consistent, SEC, very low potential "bust" pick, "plug and play" starter from day one, area of need, he paid the Bills a visit. They'd probably want to draft Glenn but will worry too much about whether he can handle LT position in the NFL.

Edited by 1billsfan

best pick to win in 2012: Reiff...but he hasn't visited I've got to wonder if they want him

Worst pick for tackle: Glenn....Mike Williams redux, possible gaurd candidate.

Best player available: Brannon, but we don't need a safety

Safe bet: Kirkpatrick or Kuechley and go with two or three OT's in later rounds and hope to get lucky.

I'm officially withdrawing my prediction on the Bills taking CB Stephon Gilmore. After watching some of today's videos of Nix and Whaley I don't have a clue of what they are going to do! Lol! It doesn't matter though, I trust that they know what they're doing and whoever they pick is fine by me.

Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19

Right now barring a trade up for Kalil or Blackmon falling to #10, I'm thinking the pick will be Dre Kirkpatrick. Solid, consistent, SEC, very low potential "bust" pick, "plug and play" starter from day one, area of need, he paid the Bills a visit. They'd probably want to draft Glenn but will worry too much about whether he can handle LT position in the NFL.

I wouldn't mind Kirkpatrick. Adding premier talent at the top of the depth chart at an important position would solidify the unit very much.

Now you have a guy like McGee who is your 3rd or 4th corner.

Sorry fellas but according to this article Buddy seems content to find a WR in the later rounds.

http://www.buffalone...ticle815845.ece

Odd that the article didn't mention Ain't Onarosta.