If Trent Richardson falls to us

We could have 2 young studs at the position. I know we have more needs at other positions like WR OLB CB OT. BUT and its a big BUTT . If we could trade jackson for a 2nd or 3rd and have richardson and spiller . Jackson is 31 and richardson is 22? so what you guys think. I am not saying we should do i am simply asking would YOU do it?

We could have 2 young studs at the position. I know we have more needs at other positions like WR OLB CB OT. BUT and its a big BUTT . If we could trade jackson for a 2nd or 3rd and have richardson and spiller . Jackson is 31 and richardson is 22? so what you guys think. I am not saying we should do i am simply asking would YOU do it?

Nope. The compensation we would receive for Fred Jackson would not be worth making the deal.

I would. I love Freddy, but I'm an Alabama fan and have watched Richardson the last few years. I think he's going to be something special in the NFL. There were a couple games this year where he carried the Tide entirely on his back. He's the kind of player that makes the whole team better. Besides, the more Crimson Tide players, the better!

If Trent Richardson falls to us you let him keep falling if nobody wants to trade up.

ehhhh tough one. Freddy isnt getting any younger, so we're about to lose our "grinder" in the next year or so. Depends on who else is available.

I'll die laughing if Richardson falls (meaning our other options have been picked), and our choice comes down to a RB or a CB (Gilmore) in the 1st round. TSW will shut down. :lol:

As someone who has defended the Spiller pick since day 1, this would be indefensible.

Unlike Lynch are we getting rid of Fred Jackson and nobody knows it? Despite everyone's hate and luxury pick bust label that they have tried to slap on him before he was ever given a chance Spiller is a REALLY good RB and is more versatile and faster than Richardson.

Spiller is so versatile that he actually played WR for us this year with all the injuries. Richardson can catch out of the backfield but he doesn't have THAT kind of versatility. Richardson is NOT slow but he is not nearly as fast as Spiller timed or in game play. Give Spiller a hole for once and he is GONE!!!

His 7.1 YPC in the last 5 games of the year and 5.2 ypc for the season prove that he is a rare talent. Unlike FJ he also did this without our near probowl center Eric Woods by the way ;)

Edited by PDaDdy

Richardson would be a great pick but I think trading Fred would be a mistake. After Buddy telling the media, Fred and his agent they are going to offer an extension, to back out on that would be a blow to the Bills credibility and IMO hurt our chances at other FAs in the future

So, give him an extension and then trade him, I like the idea. Why do we really care that we will not be compensated fairly

for Freddy, we have our feature back for years to come, and we can make Spiller the WR that we desperatley need. Chan was

gonna have difficulty getting them enough touches at RB anyway. Pull the trigger, getrdone.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matterdead horse is being currently being discussedbeaten to death or has already been discussedbeaten to death in a previousthousand other threads.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Wow, what a unique idea! I'm thinking Mario Williams has 5 years on him and is always injured maybe we could trade him too.

Fitz is 30 already and clearly going downhill. We could trade a bunch of these over the hill players and have 10 picks in the 4th round.

Plus free up money too extend Kelsay!

Just trying to think outside the box here.

If Richardson is there the first thing I look for is a great trade down after that I'd look for interest in Spiller because I don't trust him as an every down back over the long haul- maybe it's just preference in what I want in a RB - very few negative plays, tough running, pass blocking, pass catching - actually off field antics aside Lynch was more my idea of a back that gets you to the play-offs than Spiller.

Wow, what a unique idea! I'm thinking Mario Williams has 5 years on him and is always injured maybe we could trade him too.

Fitz is 30 already and clearly going downhill. We could trade a bunch of these over the hill players and have 10 picks in the 4th round.

So Best Player Available, you're saying you dont want Best Player Available? :P

If Richardson is there the first thing I look for is a great trade down after that I'd look for interest in Spiller because I don't trust him as an every down back over the long haul- maybe it's just preference in what I want in a RB - very few negative plays, tough running, pass blocking, pass catching - actually off field antics aside Lynch was more my idea of a back that gets you to the play-offs than Spiller.

I'd say this can get you to the play offs.

His 7.1 YPC in the last 5 games of the year and 5.2 ypc for the season prove that he is a rare talent. Unlike FJ he also did this without our near probowl center Eric Woods by the way.

Please see through the coach speak about how many carries a game he can handle. He averaged 11 carries a game as the starter. He also averaged 4 catches a game the last 5 games as well so we are talking 15 touches a game. Anything less than 15 touches is idiotic in my opinion for such a talented young man. Five more touches a game is minimal compared to all of the practice, workouts, drills and scrimmages these guys go through.

Believe me I hear what you are saying though. Spiller is 5'11" 197lb not a 5'11" 230 bruiser. At his size he is still slightly bigger than Chris Johnson for reference. I do agree you need one bruiser on the team somewhere just for those occasions but I would rather have a Thurman Thomas type than a Brandon Jacobs type if you have to have one or the other.

If FJ had just retired, Richardson was coming out AND we were more of a running team I would be fine with getting Richardson. With the current reality...not so much.

Edited by PDaDdy

Whoever writes your material needs to be executed. What an unthoughtout unwitty waste of time for all of our readers.

Nobody is giving up a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a 30 year old RB coming off of a season ending injury.

Spot on there. Jackson is worth more to us as a fan favorite and solid performer than to anyone else. He gets overvalued in this blog by many folks. I don't see us getting as much for him as we got for Lynch.

Whoever writes your material needs to be executed. What an unthoughtout unwitty waste of time for all of our readers.

Oh trust me some of your rubbish isn't going to win awards my friend.

This topic is now discussed almost daily, threads started by people who cannot even find a similar thread on page 1.

No way does this team draft a running back at 10. But homers sometimes just babble for the sake of babbling. Enjoy!

BTW what is "UNTHOUGHTOUT" my thespian friend.

Edited by Best Player Available

Unlike Lynch are we getting rid of Fred Jackson and nobody knows it? Despite everyone's hate and luxury pick bust label that they have tried to slap on him before he was ever given a chance Spiller is a REALLY good RB and is more versatile and faster than Richardson.

Spiller is so versatile that he actually played WR for us this year with all the injuries. Richardson can catch out of the backfield but he doesn't have THAT kind of versatility. Richardson is NOT slow but he is not nearly as fast as Spiller timed or in game play. Give Spiller a hole for once and he is GONE!!!

His 7.1 YPC in the last 5 games of the year and 5.2 ypc for the season prove that he is a rare talent. Unlike FJ he also did this without our near probowl center Eric Woods by the way ;)

He also got allot of those yards when oppenent were in pass defense, or defenses designed not to give up big play becuase bills were down in allot of those games when he got those yards. Is a good looking player, but really needs to work on pass blocking and setting up his blockers better before hes ready to take over for Freddy IMO.

I would not even consider this option. There are several reasons for this:

1. There are some premium positions--such as CB, RDE, LT, and QB--at which it's very hard to get first-rate players. The Bills have holes at three out of those four premium positions. If you don't fill holes at premium positions with your top-10 draft picks, then when do you fill those holes?

2. Not only is running back not a premium position, it's not even a step down from a premium position. Positions that are a step down from premium are RT, DT, possibly C, WR, and maybe S. Maybe. A running back is a third tier position, just like OG, non-pass rushing LB, non-pass catching TE, etc. You don't use a top 10 pick on that, unless you're getting a Thurman Thomas-like receiver.

3. Running backs have short careers. Suppose, for example, that a successful first round QB will last you twelve years, and a successful first round RB will last you six. This means that every year of having a first round QB uses up one twelfth of a first round pick; whereas every year of using a first round RB will use up one sixth of a first round pick. If the thought is to have two first round RBs on the roster at the same time (Spiller and Richardson), then you're looking at using up one third of a first round pick on the RB position each year. A price that high is out of all proportion to the importance of the running back position.

4. The Bills already have the talent-equivalent of two first round RBs on the roster in the form of Spiller and Jackson. Trading away Jackson (for a third round pick at the absolute best) would further increase the draft pick cost described in 3. More generally, any time you get rid of a veteran player, with a number of perfectly good years left in him, only to immediately replace him with a first round pick, you significantly increase your draft pick cost at that position. Suppose a car is expected to last 200,000 miles. You sell your car after 100,000 miles, for less than 20% of the cost of a new car. Then you go out and buy a new car to replace it. This strategy will cause you to spend considerably more on cars than would have been the case, had you held onto your car for the full 200,000 miles. (Ignoring repair costs, of course.)

if he were still there at ten, 95% chance some other team would deal for the pick. bills likely would get a little less than normal for the swap since bidders would know the bills were in a bind with two starting backs already but it would still be attractive for the bills to get another pick and move down

but if somehow that didnt happen, then yeah i guess you gotta take him. fred would be ultra pissed and would force his release, cuz forget about anybody giving up any pick anywhere when they know bills hand is really forced now. you just cant pass up that level of value, especially when one of your studs is staring down the barrell of a fully loaded brick wall

BTW what is "UNTHOUGHTOUT" my thespian friend.

international message board etiquette has ruled that its perfectly acceptable to make up words as long as they are instantly understandable and perfectly descriptive of the situation

pass

i hate that this site just gloms your new post on the end of your old one if nobody posts before you follow up your own post

for example:

i like cheese. i want to talk about cheese. now im done talking about cheese and want to talk about something else

if my stool is tarry black and emitting sounds do you think thats bad?

now see you cant even tell if the post about stool was related to the post about cheese or if i was talking about a completely non-cheese related stool

I agree that if Trent Richardson was to somehow land to the Bills, I say take him. He's looking like a can't-miss prospect. Although, I did see an article that had Justin Blackmon slipping to pick #10. Who do you take if your the Bills then? Most talented player or biggest need? No brainer to me when you have two dual-threat runningbacks already. Trent will not be there, but Blackmon seriously might. Not sure if that's good, though.

I agree that if Trent Richardson was to somehow land to the Bills, I say take him. He's looking like a can't-miss prospect. Although, I did see an article that had Justin Blackmon slipping to pick #10. Who do you take if your the Bills then? Most talented player or biggest need? No brainer to me when you have two dual-threat runningbacks already. Trent will not be there, but Blackmon seriously might. Not sure if that's good, though.

The Bills would be up to the podium fast to take Blackmon if he fell to #10. I think he is so superior than say a Floyd or Wright. I really don't care about his 40 time. Jerry Rice and Larry Fitzgerald were/are great FOOTBALL players. Michael Floyd is not. If Blackmon fell and they didn't take him, I would be very disappointed in the Bills. On the othere hand, Floyd would make me :sick: Great FOOTBALL player vs. prima donna. Tough choice.

Just imagine the flexibility this would give Gailey!

Split Spiller out wide, line TR and FJ up in the backfield and run all sorts of plays where TR hands off to FJ who then throws to Spiller who then hands it BACK to TR on a reverse for an untouched score! MegaMind would be in HEAVEN. Fitz would never have a chance to throw one of his ill timed INTs. And, best yet, TR's presence would completely solve the massive holes at WR, LT and LB on this team!

I love this plan! I'm IN!

yeah but would have to be a late first early second.

Last week I said we should NOT pass on Richardson, because at 10 without a doubt he would be the most valuable player! No other player would have his value at 10 .... guys like reiff and martin come a dime a dozen...look at where we have drafted most of the players on our offensive line....look at where we drafted Hairston last year..... I'm not say Richardson is a need but he would the most talented player on the board

He also got allot of those yards when oppenent were in pass defense, or defenses designed not to give up big play becuase bills were down in allot of those games when he got those yards. Is a good looking player, but really needs to work on pass blocking and setting up his blockers better before hes ready to take over for Freddy IMO.

He needs to improve on his pass protection and he will. FJ is better at it. He's had 31 years of experience. All year people played pass defense against us. His number are not to be dismissed nor are FJ's.

It would be either 3 in 6 drafts or 4 in 10 drafts. McGahee, Lynch, Spiller, and the ridiculously hypothetical Richardson selection.

I was referring to the already ridiculous history; adding to it now would take that into the realm of absurd.