Jason Peters out for season

theesir

Not to be heartless but I find myself having absolutely no sympathy for this guy. I wouldn't hold it against a player for working for the best contract but I didn't like the way Peters went about it. I'm sure that he has more than enough insurance so he won't be broke but I would have to think that his playing days or at least the bulk of them are going to be way behind him.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given how well that fat piece of crap stayed in shape during his holdout, the Iggles should expect him to show up at 2013 OTA pushing 500 lbs. With him on the shelf, now's a good time to buy stock in taco bell and cheetos.

It's unbelievable, and frankly pathetic, how much hate this guy brings out.

It's extremely well documented that Peters came back in excellent shape. He had been working out hard and it showed. But there's simply no way to get in game shape except playing, and it took him six or seven weeks to reach that point, which is what you have to expect.

"Coach Dick Jauron said that while Peters passed the team’s physical and arrived in very good shape on Saturday, it’s too early to determine when the player will be added to the active roster.

"'Jason is planning to play, but we won’t know that until we see him practice,' said Jauron. 'Playing a game is not the same as conditioning to come to camp. So we have to make sure that when we do activate him that he is ready to go football-wise and we don’t do that too soon.'”

http://journal-register.com/prosports/x681320979/BILLS-Peters-back-and-ready-to-play/print

Any concern for truth goes out the window when there's a chance to take a shot at Peters. Every time.

"He who angers you conquers you." And Peters has rented permanent head space in about ten posters on here. Pathetic.

Edited by Thurman#1

It's extremely well documented that Peters came back in excellent shape. He had been working out hard and it showed. But there's simply no way to get in game shape except playing, and it took him six or seven weeks to reach that point, which is what you have to expect.

"Coach Dick Jauron said that while Peters passed the team’s physical and arrived in very good shape on Saturday, it’s too early to determine when the player will be added to the active roster.

"'Jason is planning to play, but we won’t know that until we see him practice,' said Jauron. 'Playing a game is not the same as conditioning to come to camp. So we have to make sure that when we do activate him that he is ready to go football-wise and we don’t do that too soon.'”

http://journal-register.com/prosports/x681320979/BILLS-Peters-back-and-ready-to-play/print

Any concern for truth goes out the window when there's a chance to take a shot at Peters. Every time.

"He who angers you conquers you." And Peters has rented permanent head space in about ten posters on here. Pathetic.

the point is, we offered 50 mil, and he still didnt want to be here.

money was never really the issue, hes a piece of ****! :thumbdown:

Well, he'll likely STILL be voted into the ProBowl - but it'll be a sad day if FatBoy is ever awarded damages for being a stupid klutz and falling off his Roll-A-Bout.

Apparently the thing broke. Not surprising. It looks like a step stool with wheels.

He exceeds the height limitation of the Roll-A-Bout device by 1/2". He isn't gonna win squat in court. LOL!

Excellent. Nice that he exceeded the specs for the rolly thing too. Gotta read those instructions!

If he truly exceeded the limitations (he might have had one custom-built for him/his size), he's got no case.

Excellent. Nice that he exceeded the specs for the rolly thing too. Gotta read those instructions!

Not to mention that it's probably not a good idea to have both hands on a giant cheeseburger as you use your one good leg to roll yourself to the refrigerator for more food...

post-2970-055852500 1337084063_thumb.jpg

Then I guess Fred Jackson is a chump for the way he handled his contract? Obviously the way you earn respect is to skip camp and show up out of game shape.

By the way nice contradiction. How can Peters show up in "excellent" shape when he wasn't in game shape?

PTR

Then I guess Fred Jackson is a chump for the way he handled his contract? Obviously the way you earn respect is to skip camp and show up out of game shape.

By the way nice contradiction. How can Peters show up in "excellent" shape when he wasn't in game shape?

PTR

Im not one for sour grapes or hating on people. However, I believe Peters brought all the negativity on himself. Holding out is one thing but showing up out of shape, and admitting to not playing hard on gameday is a complete a-hole move, and any Bills fan that supports him needs to get their priorities straight.

He is a jerk to the same extreme that Freddy, Lee Evans, and even SJ13 are class acts. I feel no need to wish him well since he proved what type of person he is.

I dont like seeing anyone injured, but I'll take a few moments for some sweet, sweet schadenfreude. Go Bills!

Calm yourself. He's not on Peters' level is all I meant. And it's true. Part of being a good player is being reliable, no? Bell's been hurt too much to be considered reliable. Even back when he was drafted many noted his body type was less than ideal for OT and could lead to injuries. Guess what happened?

Bell is good. But when both are healthy Peters is elite, Bell is good. So yes, there is a drop off in talent as you said.

http://journal-regis...y-to-play/print

"He who angers you conquers you." And Peters has rented permanent head space in about ten eleven posters on here. Pathetic.

(I think you forgot to include yourself.)

Bell is good. But when both are healthy Peters is elite, Bell is good. So yes, there is a drop off in talent as you said.

Disagree. When Peters is healthy he is good not elite. I would describe Bell as a serviceable LT when healthy.

the point is, we offered 50 mil, and he still didnt want to be here.

money was never really the issue, hes a piece of ****! :thumbdown:

why, because he didn't want to waste any more of his precious short career on the cluster!@#$ mess that the bills were then (and still are now until PROVEN otherwise with a trip to the playoffs).

im sure 90% of the guys that post here (at least) would have done the same thing if they were in the same position.

"'Jason is planning to play, but we wont know that until we see him practice,' said Jauron. 'Playing a game is not the same as conditioning to come to camp. So we have to make sure that when we do activate him that he is ready to go football-wise and we dont do that too soon.'

Using a Dick (it's hard to win in the NFL) Jauron quote really doesn't bolster your position.

Im not one for sour grapes or hating on people. However, I believe Peters brought all the negativity on himself. Holding out is one thing but showing up out of shape, and admitting to not playing hard on gameday is a complete a-hole move, and any Bills fan that supports him needs to get their priorities straight.

He is a jerk to the same extreme that Freddy, Lee Evans, and even SJ13 are class acts. I feel no need to wish him well since he proved what type of person he is.

I dont like seeing anyone injured, but I'll take a few moments for some sweet, sweet schadenfreude. Go Bills!

Bingo. I hope he invested his money wisely because his career is probably done.

Disagree. When Peters is healthy he is good not elite. I would describe Bell as a serviceable LT when healthy.

Regardless of how good you think both players are when healthy, there's a big dropoff between Peters and Bell. And Bell can't stay healthy on top of that. The Eagles are going to need a good backup LT.

why, because he didn't want to waste any more of his precious short career on the cluster!@#$ mess that the bills were then (and still are now until PROVEN otherwise with a trip to the playoffs).

im sure 90% of the guys that post here (at least) would have done the same thing if they were in the same position.

Yeah...much better to waste what's left of his short career (which now appears to be pretty much over, anyway) laying on his couch this season, with no paycheck, eating cheeseburgers, and watching the Bills in the NFL playoffs...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! B-)

If he truly exceeded the limitations (he might have had one custom-built for him/his size), he's got no case.

sure he does....there's always the Physical therapist who 'fitted' him to the wrong device...not to mention the doctor who referred him there as that clearly shows a lack of judgement and competence. In addition, you think McDonald's is getting off free here. No chance.... :thumbdown:

sure he does....there's always the Physical therapist who 'fitted' him to the wrong device...not to mention the doctor who referred him there as that clearly shows a lack of judgement and competence. In addition, you think McDonald's is getting off free here. No chance.... :thumbdown:

One thing we can assume here. Zero responsibility for the device's failure lands on #70.