CJ and Choice in, Fred out...?

i dont think you could even get a fourth rounder for freddie. a fourth is still a good pick that has a reasonable shot to land an eventual starter. who in their right mind would give that up for a thirty plus rb coming off a busted leg? nobody. if freddie moves on from here it will be after getting released

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be awesome if the Bills had three capable backs on the roster. They don't (unless you count McIntyre, which is possible). Jackson and Spiller are capable. A Tashard Choice is no choice at all.

I disagree. I liked what I saw of him late last season. And if memory serves, Gailey was using him on 3rd and short instead of Spiller. I wouldn't be so quick to discount Choice.

I could see Buddy dealing the 10th and Fred to move up..Go Bills.

If I could....the bounty thing: I get/know it's politically incorrect but where any penalties called on any of the hits? I'm thinking to myself, wasn't it great when Bruce would knock out Marino or Elway or Ryan, we all cheered, isn't that still part of the game. What about Philly fans cheering the Irvin hit, how about Jack Tatum, Rod Woodson helmet to helmet on Kelly? "Bounty" makes it sound like Tony Soprano was coaching.

Buddy has said repeatedly that he wants Freddy to finish his career as Bill.

FJ WILL NOT BE TRADED.

To those that are saying no one would make that trade for Fred, I say BS. Belichick even said that Freddie is one of the best RB's in the NFL, and I could see BB making a reach for Freddie if the opportunity arose, so to say no one would want Fred Jackson is, frankly, insane. Now that said, I would trade Fred Jackson for anyone. I know I once played with the idea myself, but with our offseason transactions being what they were, I am looking forward to watching this team play offense without the fear of giving up points everytime our defense gets on the field. Going to be a different season this year, one we Bills fans have been waiting for. Freddie of all people deserves to be a aprt of that.

Tim-

I don't understand the folks on this board that are so ready to trade or cut talent.

You retain and attain talent. That's how you build not just a good organization but a great one.

What you need to understand that trolls like this come out of the woodwork around this time, post a bunch of stupid sh]t just to get a rise, then disappear to one of their other screen names that they use once a year or so. (OP joined in 2001, has 22 posts, and THIS is one of his ruminations?)

I don't see Buddy trading anything. Choice is a great #3 back to have. Given Freddie's age, he's a good back to have if Fred gets injured again. I would not be against getting Richardson and trading Fred. It's a business. But, I don't see that happening. I see us going LB at #10. Tighten up the last parts of the front 7.

This is a horrible idea.....why dont we just keep the players we know are already good?

Because in many fan's minds, we're not allowed to have more than one good player at any position. Then those same people turn around and complain that we have no depth.

Edited by biglukes

How much credibility would the Bills and Buddy lose with the players if they don't take care of FredEx as promised??? They're building something good here and a messy Freddie departure or contract holdout would really grind to a halt the momentum they have going.

Bottom line...Terrible Idea!!!

I really was hoping that this thread wasn't going anywhere because FJ isn't going anywhere. The Choice signing means nothing to me. His numbers aren't even in the same discussion as FJ and CJ in our offense. Granted he was picked up off the street I believe and had little time in the offense but his production wasn't anything special. If our offensive line is so good he should have had better numbers.

This is a ridiculous post! Why would we consider giving up our best offensive weapon. He encompasses everything the Bills are...no way he's out and Choice is not even close to the player FredEx is...I wish someone would close this in case Fred decided to check TBD lol

I really was hoping that this thread wasn't going anywhere because FJ isn't going anywhere. The Choice signing means nothing to me. His numbers aren't even in the same discussion as FJ and CJ in our offense. Granted he was picked up off the street I believe and had little time in the offense but his production wasn't anything special. If our offensive line is so good he should have had better numbers.

I agree. Re-signing Choice was the right Choice, and had nothing to do with Fred, but had everything to do with getting depth at RB, and someone who can pass protect better than Spiller. He's prob the best #3 back in the league. Good job FO, and I don't see Fred going anywhere--except across the goal-line for the Bills!

This is a ridiculous post! Why would we consider giving up our best offensive weapon. He encompasses everything the Bills are...no way he's out and Choice is not even close to the player FredEx is...I wish someone would close this in case Fred decided to check TBD lol

No one should close this. The OP is entitled to his opinion, and I don't even think he was suggesting that its a good idea, he was speculating on what the FO might be up to. Everyone seems to think he's wrong, but I have no problem with people posting "off the wall" ideas.

If I could....the bounty thing: I get/know it's politically incorrect but where any penalties called on any of the hits? I'm thinking to myself, wasn't it great when Bruce would knock out Marino or Elway or Ryan, we all cheered, isn't that still part of the game. What about Philly fans cheering the Irvin hit, how about Jack Tatum, Rod Woodson helmet to helmet on Kelly? "Bounty" makes it sound like Tony Soprano was coaching.

Such a great fan you are. The guy who with the help of the big men in front of him won a couple games for us is on your mind as trade bait.

Bruce was never a head hunter nor one to try to cut someone's legs and make them lame. There is a big difference between putting a hit on someone and trying to injure someone. How often did we cry out when we saw an offensive lineman intentionally go after Bruce's knees with the intent of injury? There is tough play vs dirty, cheap play. The Saints were paid to go out and injure someone.

:censored:

Your CRAZY !!! :censored::thumbdown::wallbash:

Edited by T Flynn