CJ and Choice in, Fred out...?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see Buddy dealing the 10th and Fred to move up..Go Bills.

If I could....the bounty thing: I get/know it's politically incorrect but where any penalties called on any of the hits? I'm thinking to myself, wasn't it great when Bruce would knock out Marino or Elway or Ryan, we all cheered, isn't that still part of the game. What about Philly fans cheering the Irvin hit, how about Jack Tatum, Rod Woodson helmet to helmet on Kelly? "Bounty" makes it sound like Tony Soprano was coaching.

[/quote

1st of all, no one is making that trade for a 30 year old back.

2nd...There is a huge difference between wanting a guy to feel pain, and trying to injure people...Every defensive player want to inflict pain on the opponent, but when you have a pot for an injury, that's just wrong, and not cool!

Go Bills!!!

You could? Why is that? Bc buddy has a history of trading up? I'm amazed at how many people continue to think Buddy might trade up when he has repeatedly said he doesn't like to do that

What's wrong with having 3 capable backs on the roster? why do people think there is always an agenda for every move the Bills make.

Edited by Max997

Health may also be an issue with Fred, Freddy has had his fair share of injuries. Since he has seen significant playing time I cant recall when he has made a full season. If we are committed to getting to the post season we have to be able to count on our best players being on the field, especially in our situation where we have to have our team firing on all cylinders together because we don't have a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to carry us. For some reason its easy to knock Demetrius Bell and Roscoe Parrish for chronic injuries but its taboo to mention Freddy or Eric Woods inability to remain healthy.

Health may also be an issue with Fred, Freddy has had his fair share of injuries. Since he has seen significant playing time I cant recall when he has made a full season. If we are committed to getting to the post season we have to be able to count on our best players being on the field, especially in our situation where we have to have our team firing on all cylinders together because we don't have a Tom Brady or an Aaron Rodgers to carry us. For some reason its easy to knock Demetrius Bell and Roscoe Parrish for chronic injuries but its taboo to mention Freddy or Eric Woods inability to remain healthy.

Eric Woods injuries are not what is normally considered injury prone

If I remember correctly, I thought I heard that Jackson would hold out if he didn't get more money. I would think a trade might be a possibility, with us getting little value

You definitely don't remember it correctly...In fact Freddie was asked the hold out question on 2/9/2012 by Schopp...And even though he did not say 100% that he would not hold-out he basically said he's a Football player and he's planning on showing up and playing Football...He said he hoped it would never even get to that point and that he knew The Bills had a bunch of things to get to before his situation...Now he may change his mind...But it sounded to me like he currently has no hold-out plans... B-)

Move up for what ?? Other than Luck or RG3 there isn't any one else besides maybe Kalil to go after ??

I unlike you I don't see Buddy getting rid of a for sure great player in Fred to get a POSSIBLE good LT , b/c as we all have seen when you draft you never really know what you get until they prove it !!

Last year every one said Bulaga was going to be this great LT for years to come & Kiper along with Mcshay said that Gabbert was a top QB in the draft (HOWS THAT WORKIN FOR YOU ??) Bulaga is now a RT & Gabbert :thumbdown: stunk last year & the Jags are in the hunt for another QB so theres your draft speculation in high gear !!

uh chad clifton is a all pro type tackle and they had to get bulaga on the field somehow. Once clifton retires he will be a solid LT for a long time. I mean ask shon green who won the doak award at iowa. All those 5 star running backs didnt win it...

I have been saying since last season Jackson is gone. His contract is up at the end of this coming season, he is older then most backs, and he is productive, very productive last year for his age. He is great trade bait. I dont think the Bills will move up and the Bills drafting a QB in the first round is a stretch unless one of the top three are the best available at 10, doubt it. But I think Jackson gets dealt by the start of training camp, same thing they did to Evans last year. Talking about Evans, He may be a good FA pick up. He has the speed and all, but small, however he would fit back into Buffalo. We need one more receiver prior to the draft.

I have been saying since last season Jackson is gone. His contract is up at the end of this coming season, he is older then most backs, and he is productive, very productive last year for his age. He is great trade bait. I dont think the Bills will move up and the Bills drafting a QB in the first round is a stretch unless one of the top three are the best available at 10, doubt it. But I think Jackson gets dealt by the start of training camp, same thing they did to Evans last year. Talking about Evans, He may be a good FA pick up. He has the speed and all, but small, however he would fit back into Buffalo. We need one more receiver prior to the draft.

if you keep saying it, eventually you're bound to be correct.

I think you're right. I may get stoned for saying this but in the long run we may be better off. He cant stay healthy and the older you get the harder it is to stay healthy and recover from those injuries, so Is it better to have a MVP running back for half the season, or someone who can be a solid contributor to compliment CJ for an entire season. Not to mention our organization is very high on CJ and what CJ did at the end of the season showed them that their guy is ready.

If I could....the bounty thing: I get/know it's politically incorrect but where any penalties called on any of the hits? I'm thinking to myself, wasn't it great when Bruce would knock out Marino or Elway or Ryan, we all cheered, isn't that still part of the game. What about Philly fans cheering the Irvin hit, how about Jack Tatum, Rod Woodson helmet to helmet on Kelly? "Bounty" makes it sound like Tony Soprano was coaching.

:wallbash: Uh, NO!

Let's see ... there is not a single player worth our giving up our #1 pick and Jackson to move up. And, all of the positive PR generated by the Williams' signing and Nix staying true to his word would be blown apart if they traded Freddie away on something as foolish as your suggestion.

As for the violent nature of the game. Although I have always loved the hard hits, there has not been a single moment in my life time that I wanted a player knocked out of a game. What I wanted was their bell to be rung hard enough that they were always looking for Bruce and therefore diminishing their ability to throw the ball.

Living in the Philly region I will admit that their fan base sadly thrives on hurting anyone who is opposed to their teams. That's why Veteran's stadium had a judge on duty during Eagles' games. Fans wearing opposing colors have been pushed down steps and beaten nearly to death by these sick so called fans. Their cheering the Irvin hit does not justify the hit.

And, the one thing you did get right ... the New Orleans' bounty system does make it seem like Tony Sparano was running the Saints.

Fred is not going anywhere. I am thankful that he is worth more to the Bills than anyone else. The man brings his A game every Sunday and has significantly played better year after year. What amuses me the most is that the fans that think he has peaked are not basing it at all on his seasonal progress but on assumptions and cliches. All the cool things he brings to the table right now were absent just a few years ago. When he first came to the team he had but one attribute, physical downhill running. His blitz pickup was garbage and he had inconsistent hands receiving out of the backfield. Look at him now. That's just straight up hard work. If someone could show me how he has not been significantly better from year to year I would appreciate it. Maybe I'm just crazy. :beer:

2008, 2009, & 2010.

It's funny to me how fast people forget the production of Freddy Jackson last season. He did it all including blocking well. It's weird how two of the best all purpose backs in the league as far as total yards from scrimmage( rushing and receiving) and blocking, Fred Jackson and Matt forte. and yet both continue to get doubted and overlooked. I think it's crazy that anyone could think he should not be number 1 on the depth chart let alone behind terrible choice. As for him always being injured please give me one other place in time other than last season where he missed significant time.

Fred is not going anywhere. I am thankful that he is worth more to the Bills than anyone else. The man brings his A game every Sunday and has significantly played better year after year. What amuses me the most is that the fans that think he has peaked are not basing it at all on his seasonal progress but on assumptions and cliches. All the cool things he brings to the table right now were absent

just a few years ago. When he first came to the team he

had but one attribute, physical downhill running. His blitz

pickup was garbage and he had inconsistent hands

receiving out of the backfield. Look at him now. That's just

straight up hard work. If someone could show me how he

has not been significantly better from year to year I would

appreciate it. Maybe I'm just crazy. :beer:

Amen bro. Your not crazy at all. Anyone who thinks Fred isn't our best back and one of the best backs in the league and wants to trade him just to move up or get a late pick is crazy!

Edited by DocLawless