New Don Banks Mock (Post Williams/Anderson)

Link

Not that impressive of a mock (in the sense that the insight is minimal..I could get this mock off of this message board, we don't even need SI). That being said, Banks has Reiff * (sorry, had written Martin..brain fart) coming to the Bills.

Originally, I was all in on the Bills drafting an LT. Convinced of it. But that was before I found out more about Martin and Reiff. Seems like both of these guys are poised to fall into the mid/late 1st. Hard to envision either being worth a top 10 pick. Plus, Buddy has demonstrated that he simply will not reach based on need. That makes me even more convinced the pick won't be one of the LTs. I could easily see Floyd being the guy, but I could just as easily see a CB/Upshaw being the pick. It will simply be the best player on the board that can help the team. If that means Hairston and a 2nd round LT will be fighting for the starting job; so be it.

Btw, whats up with Bell? Still on the market, huh?

Edited by Union2008

As of a couple days ago, Bleacher Report's new mock had us taking Floyd....

The Tackles should slide this year out of the first round. I could see Reiff going to a team that wants a RT early or a G in the mid to late first. Aside from Kalil, none are appear to be worthy of first round selection higher than the mid 20s at the highest, jmo of course.

Every year there is one position that free falls in the draft, this year it has to be the Tackles. I know there are positions where there is a run and teams reach to grab their guy before he is gone, I just don't think it will be Tackles.

As of a couple days ago, Bleacher Report's new mock had us taking Floyd....

The Tackles should slide this year out of the first round. I could see Reiff going to a team that wants a RT early or a G in the mid to late first. Aside from Kalil, none are appear to be worthy of first round selection higher than the mid 20s at the highest, jmo of course.

Every year there is one position that free falls in the draft, this year it has to be the Tackles. I know there are positions where there is a run and teams reach to grab their guy before he is gone, I just don't think it will be Tackles.

Bleacher report is a joke...again. People need to stop referencing it.

And SI's isn't? As the OP stated you could get his draft logic off of a message board. Read the comments under the picks, no thought at all. Even admits our pick is a reach. I would say that at least BR put some effort into it....

Besides

The only mock that is worth anything is Gosselins from Dallas. Mocks are never right on. The are fun to look at and reference and to see who is trendy right now.

So chill out man...

The key is to look at where the content is coming from. Sometimes it's legitimate sources, other times it's their own "reporters" who are no more educated than most of the trolls around here.

Link

Not that impressive of a mock (in the sense that the insight is minimal..I could get this mock off of this message board, we don't even need SI). That being said, Banks has Reiff * (sorry, had written Martin..brain fart) coming to the Bills.

Originally, I was all in on the Bills drafting an LT. Convinced of it. But that was before I found out more about Martin and Reiff. Seems like both of these guys are poised to fall into the mid/late 1st. Hard to envision either being worth a top 10 pick. Plus, Buddy has demonstrated that he simply will not reach based on need. That makes me even more convinced the pick won't be one of the LTs. I could easily see Floyd being the guy, but I could just as easily see a CB/Upshaw being the pick. It will simply be the best player on the board that can help the team. If that means Hairston and a 2nd round LT will be fighting for the starting job; so be it.

I think now (after Martin's workout) the only way The Bills go OT in the 1st Round is with a Trade Down...The problem is, even if they Traded Down and grabbed Martin or Reiff, I don't think either Kid is ready to be a Starting LT in the NFL just yet...It would be an awful lot to ask of either Prospect...And we're talking about the #2 and #3 OT's on most Boards...I no longer believe there is much value at #10 if you're looking for a LT...Unless you have a few years to wait...The Bills need to re-sign Bell, or realize Hairston will be the Starting LT in 2012...

So...That being said...If The Bills stay at #10 Overall I think it's down to the WR (Floyd), the LB (Kuechly), or the CB (Kirkpatrick)...I think of the three Kuechly is the best Prospect, but the Bills have already said Shep is going to play MLB...So would Keuchly or Shep move outside? I like Kirkpatrick...But I just can't get passed thinking #10 is too high for him...That's why I'm now guessing Floyd is the leader to be Drafted at #10 Overall...

This is getting too muddled... :lol:

And SI's isn't? As the OP stated you could get his draft logic off of a message board. Read the comments under the picks, no thought at all. Even admits our pick is a reach. I would say that at least BR put some effort into it....

Besides

The only mock that is worth anything is Gosselins from Dallas. Mocks are never right on. The are fun to look at and reference and to see who is trendy right now.

So chill out man...

Alrite im gonna make a mock draft by throwing team darts at players heads and then reference that. I'll do all 7 rounds.

My favorite part of the mock drafts this year is how many people whine that the 10 spot is too high to take a guard. Yet these same people make no complaints about DeCastro being mocked at 11th or 12th.

Exactly. I say, if you like a guy, and it's your turn to pick, don't worry about where he should be taken. Of course, that approach likely had the Bills taking Whitner early.

Everyone's favorite Mel Kiper said the Bills reached when they took OT John Fina in the 1st round many years ago. While never an All-Star, he was a solid OT for several years while a Bill. If the Bills like Jonathan Martin at 10, they should take him.

And SI's isn't? As the OP stated you could get his draft logic off of a message board.

Which is what every print and online publication will read like until the eve of the draft.

There's a whole lot of smoke out there right now, just like every year...

Link

he reached for Troup in his first draft so he has shown he will reach for need...Carrington could be considered a reach for need as well

Everyone is so down on Reiff because his arms aren't the ideal length for a LT. Unreal. The guy is athletic as hell for an OL and looks like he could more than handle te tackle spot. Kiper was laughing at everybody thinking they are some armchair draft/talent expert as well and I agree. "Ohhhh, his arms are an inch and a half short, no way he can play tackle in the NFL! Not that I know a darn thing but I feel cool saying that cause I heard it somewhere else." I prefer Floyd at 10 but will be happy if it is Reiff too.

Everyone is so down on Reiff because his arms aren't the ideal length for a LT. Unreal. The guy is athletic as hell for an OL and looks like he could more than handle te tackle spot. Kiper was laughing at everybody thinking they are some armchair draft/talent expert as well and I agree. "Ohhhh, his arms are an inch and a half short, no way he can play tackle in the NFL! Not that I know a darn thing but I feel cool saying that cause I heard it somewhere else." I prefer Floyd at 10 but will be happy if it is Reiff too.

+1. I still haven't found anything that says he's a guard or a RT. Reiff. Martin. Floyd. Kuechly. I can handle all that. Just please don't give me Mercilus or Stephen Hill. Don't think the upside is worth the bust factor.

The Bills need to make a strong move and get Bell back to our lineup. Bell isn't all pro but he handles himself pretty well and we have two other holes at wr and lb's that we can fill up in the first two picks. We can always draft a left tackle next year as we will most likely be in the 15-20 pick range. If we could trade down with cincy and they gave us their 1st two round picks we could potentially fill up lt, wr, lb in one shot but thats only if cincy wants to move up.