DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this make no sense? Our pass rush was abysmal last year....Merriman is done, Kelsay is garbage and Dareus had a decent year until he ran out of gas. We need a true 4-3 DE and Anderson is it. With his addition we take the best LT or WR available at 10.

Barrel. Fish. Shotgun.

Dwans going to be cut....Kelsay probably would be let go too

I concur, they don't produce. Plus we will most likely grab another DE or 2 in the draft for depth. We have to dump some dead salary and Dwan and Kelsay fit the bill (no pun intended)

Barrel. Fish. Shotgun.

Yes cause sarcasm was written alllll over that post....

Don't be surprised, if they announce a Press Conference, that Mark Andersen steps to the microphone, and on national television he makes the following statement: "I am not Mark Andersen, DE for the Buffalo Bills, no I'm not,.........I'm Tim Tebow, Wildcat QB for the Buffalo Bills....."

Must be a newbie.... :-)

Guys, take the humor and light-heartedness over to pixyland.org. This board is for Serious Football Analysis by Serious Fans only. It doesn't matter how giddy you're feeling over what could turn out to be one of the Bills' best offseasons ever.

That said, depth and talent. Keep adding it. Anderson's met with three other teams already, obviously hasn't committed, and we might have the most exciting defenseive situation of all for him. Yeah, Baltimore's good, but they ain't getting any younger.

Folks, ask youselves this: If Kelsay was cut, would he even be picked up by another team? That's what I thought. Time to move on into the future.

I'll answer your question. Yes. Once again, Kelsay is not the problem, and could definitely be a part of the solution with the other pieces Buddy is adding.

Folks, ask youselves this: If Kelsay was cut, would he even be picked up by another team? That's what I thought. Time to move on into the future.

Or get your head out of the sand. He would certainly be picked up, most likely by the Pats...

Is anyone else starting to worry if there will be decent money left in the pot for FredEx?

I was thinking about that too, but the Bills have flexibility with Fred because he's still under contract through next year so my guess is they could still guarantee him good money but just backload it so his major cap hit is next year (and subsequent years in the form of a roster bonus or something) to work around Mario's deal.

I also think with a guy like Freddie who is a stand up guy and probably a Buffalonian for life, they might include some sort of team-involvement contract after his playing days are over.

Mario Williams Tweet: Link

Said its looking good. For what its worth. Again, this is why its worth spending the money to get big players on a small market team. They start selling it to other guys.

This could be a very good defensive line, especially if everyone stays healthy.

Note: If Anderson signs, Edwards is out. Who else? Kelsay? Merriman? Spencer Johnson? Personally, I'd prefer we keep Johnson and get rid of Kelsay. Seems more likely Johnson and Edwards are cut unless Merriman tears another ligament in camp.

I'll answer your question. Yes. Once again, Kelsay is not the problem, and could definitely be a part of the solution with the other pieces Buddy is adding.

The players & Nix love Kelsay. Buddy gushed about him last season saying that they basically paid him as much as they did for his leadership. He won't get cut, depth is a great thing. He will look much better with this line than he ever has.

Thanks Mario for the update. That would be great if this happens and would kill two birds with one stone -- upgrade our pass rush even further and hurt a division rival.

P.S. It is amazing the love that Kelsay gets on this board.

I feel bad for the guy. While not a star, he is a decent, lunch bucket player. Yet, he and a few others are the whipping boys on this board.