Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TWEET OF THE DAY: “No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don’t have enough.”

Reminder:

Guilty Until Proven Innocent: How the Press Prosecuted Zimmerman While Stoking Racial Tensions

February 26, 2012 - George Zimmerman Shoots and Kills Trayvon Martin

Zimmerman claims self-defense. After an investigation, the police agree and decide not to press charges.

March 13, 2012 - NBC's Al Sharpton Uses MSNBC Platform to Stoke Phony Racial Narrative

Sharpton's National Action Network released a statement calling for...

...a “complete and thorough investigation” into Martin’s death. He added: “[W]e are told that racial language was used when the young man reported his suspicions to police[.]”

The story about Zimmerman's use of racial language was false.

March 13, 2012 - ABC News Reporter Claims Trayvon Shot Because "He Was Black"

March 22, 2012 - Zimmerman Described as a "White Hispanic" by The New York Times

Just in the nick of time, before the story was engineered to explode the very next day with the Sharpton rally, The New York Times put its stamp of approval on the term "white Hispanic."

March 21, 2012 - CNN Falsely Accuses Zimmerman of Saying "F**king Coon"

Knowing full well the phony racial storm brewing around the Zimmerman case was about to have gasoline thrown on it the next day, CNN went to extraordinary lengths to claim Zimmerman had uttered the racial slur "coon" when he had not.

This has to be watched to be believed.

March 22, 2012 - NBC's Al Sharpton Goes to Florida

With the help of thousands of dollars from Obama's Justice Department, it was then that Rev. Al Sharpton (anchor of MSNBC's Politics Nation) held his incendiary rally:

March 23, 2012 - President Obama Repeats Sharpton's Talking Point

The day after Sharpton held his rally and said, "Trayvon could have been any one of our sons," President Obama made huge news when he stepped before the cameras, demanded action in the Zimmerman case, and famously said, "If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon."

March 27, 2012 - NBC News Edits 911 Audio to Make Zimmerman Look Racist

On the storied Today Show, NBC News told America Zimmerman said this on the 911 call:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.

When the truth is that the unedited audio actually went like this:

Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.

Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic?

Zimmerman: He looks black.

March 28, 2012 - ABC News Falsely Claims Zimmerman Wasn't Injured Night of Shooting

The day after NBC News released its falsified 911 bombshell, ABC News released a phony, hyped-up story of its own. Using grainy surveillance video of Zimmerman at the police station on the night of the shooting, ABC News claimed, "A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman."

April 11, 2012 - George Zimmerman Is Arrested, Charged with Second Degree Murder

There's more at the link, but you get the idea.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/07/13/Media-Zimmerman-Coverage-Rap-Sheet

Anyone see Stevie Johnson's tweet about the case?

"Living in a world where you fight dogs; you could lose everything (Mike Vick).. If you kill a black man you're not guilty! #INjusticeSystem"

https://twitter.com/...233842404753409

And then there's Roddy White's, which is extremely distasteful:

"All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid"

https://twitter.com/...247500937629696

I'd link to the original Bleacher Report article that lists all sorts of tweets, but that's apparently not allowed here...

Take the link. Copy pasta it to tinyurl.com, create a link which redirects.

Much of the media and activists have chosen to completely ignore that 6 people heard weeks of testimony and facts, deliberated for more than 12 hours and rendered a decision based on the law.

This is the time for the president to come out and remind everyone that the other side won and those who lost need to get on the back of the bus.

If we are going to be bombarded by equality quotes today, can we get some that are from anyone beyond mlk? Or atleast not the same exact ones from "I have a dream"

Lets get some folks out there discussing it at a higher level than the first equality quote everyone in America learns. Lets get some depth to the talk if we're going to talk race- even if that's a result of media more than the actual case.

Much of the media and activists have chosen to completely ignore that 6 people heard weeks of testimony and facts, deliberated for more than 12 hours and rendered a decision based on the law.

What makes it worse is the majority of the talking heads on HLN and CNN that cover this 24/7 are lawyers. They even totally miss the point that the the evidence and the law of florida dictate the proper result of a not guilty verdict.

This whole thing is a sham. Disgusting.

Never watched a trial before where it was so clear that the prosecution NEVER proved their case. There was reasonable doubt all over. The jury got this ABSOLUTELY correct.

If you follow the evidence and the law (jury instructions) non guilty is correct.

Trumped up charges, prosecutal misconduct with discovery.

I don't even know this should have gotten to trial the evidence was so lacking, but since it did Manslaughter and the lesser charge of the 3rd degree should have been the charges.

The DA were idiots for overcharging and not arguing in the trial about manslaughter.

Omara was fanstastic.

Totally agree.

What makes it worse is the majority of the talking heads on HLN and CNN that cover this 24/7 are lawyers. They even totally miss the point that the the evidence and the law of florida dictate the proper result of a not guilty verdict.

This whole thing is a sham. Disgusting.

They're not missing the point, they're intentionally obscuring it. They know exactly what they're doing. They're just a bunch of scum bags.

"Living in a world where you fight dogs; you could lose everything (Mike Vick).. If you kill a black man you're not guilty! #INjusticeSystem"

"All them jurors should go home tonight and kill themselves for letting a grown man get away with killing a kid"

I'd link to the original Bleacher Report article that lists all sorts of tweets, but that's apparently not allowed here...

These dipshits should stay off twitter. I used to be a fan of SJ. At least Roddy White had the decency to apologize for his idiocy, SJ stands by his.

They're not missing the point, they're intentionally obscuring it. They know exactly what they're doing. They're just a bunch of scum bags.

These dipshits should stay off twitter. I used to be a fan of SJ. At least Roddy White had the decency to apologize for his idiocy, SJ stands by his.

The head of the NAACP is making the Vick comments to anyone that'll listen. It's got to make Stevie feel like its more justified. Whites was way more offensive, even if I'd much prefer he learned to let opinions form for more than 5 minutes and express them in more than 140 characters. At some point the guy has to learn to put the phone back in his pocket when something controversial is on his mind to share.

Everything is a balance. Give something, take something. I like the verdict. I still think Zimmerman instigated the whole affair... YET, he was attacked and killed the attacker. Good for him, thank God he killed him or he would be doing time. Maybe Trayvon just got sick of always being hassled and this was not his day... So he attacked... I can understand that, everybody gets hassled a lot, especially AA's... I was just followed all around town by a cop "trying to read my plates." I led him on all through town, making about 20 turns... I finally pulled over and asked what the problem was. That was a first, pulling over a cop, not the other way around! LoL... I am such a douche. Now I am white and respectful... But I was coming home @ 0830 from working the graveyard shift, I was in no mood to be followed. Just imagine if I pulled that crap if i was AA and had issues w/my vechicle, record, what not. I think the cop (white) was astonished with my mood... His reply was: "Oh really?" when I insinuated I don't like creepy cops following me all through my own town... Good part, I am squeaky clean... He had to let me go! Okay, maybe not so sure of that? LoL!

All I can conclude is that the balance has shifted... Instigators could have a field day if they shoot first and kill. That is what I have a problem with: Lead them on.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I think I posted this a while back, but it's worth mentioning again. About a year or so ago I could have been in Zimmerman's position. A black guy was on my friend's neighbor's porch around midnight. The guy looked suspicious and we walked up to him and asked him what he was doing while calling the cops. My friend went in his house to get his doberman while I questioned the guy in the street. I never threated or made physical contact with the man, but I asked him who he was and who he was looking for. It turned out he was a prowler, didn't know who lived there, claimed he had the wrong address, but couldn't even come up with the name or address he was looking for. By the time the cops got there he was long gone and probably has victimized others since. If I'd followed him up the street to tell the cops where he was he could have answered to them.

If at any time he had decided to attack me, and was able to break my nose, mount me, and start pummeling me (which is unlikely, but he could be tougher than he looks) I would have shot him out of fear for my safety, and I'd be in the exact same spot as Zimmerman (minus tea and skittles).

Edited by Rob's House

Yeah, OJ and Zimmerman are not even close.

I think it is a bit of stretch that they will get anything in a civil suit. The evidence is simply not there. There wasn't even probable cause to bring this trial once the investigation was done. Then the media and politics got involved.

When it comes to a civil trial, the argument's much simpler: Zimmerman got out of his car, followed Martin, and ultimately Martin ended up with a hollow-point bullet in his heart.

That's enough to win.

Barely cracked a smile - if muted I'm not sure I would've known the verdict had been read.

I don't know if he was in the same mindframe as me. I thought they were going to say 2nd degree murder and give the verdict and then manslaughter and give the verdict. That's what they usually do.

And, BTW, who was the blonde next to him?

Everything is a balance. Give something, take something. I like the verdict. I still think Zimmerman instigated the whole affair... YET, he was attacked and killed the attacker. Good for him, thank God he killed him or he would be doing time. Maybe Trayvon just got sick of always being hassled and this was not his day... So he attacked... I can understand that, everybody gets hassled a lot, especially AA's... I was just followed all around town by a cop "trying to read my plates." I led him on all through town, making about 20 turns... I finally pulled over and asked what the problem was. That was a first, pulling over a cop, not the other way around! LoL... I am such a douche. Now I am white and respectful... But I was coming home @ 0830 from working the graveyard shift, I was in no mood to be followed. Just imagine if I pulled that crap if i was AA and had issues w/my vechicle, record, what not. I think the cop (white) was astonished with my mood... His reply was: "Oh really?" when I insinuated I don't like creepy cops following me all through my own town... Good part, I am squeaky clean... He had to let me go! Okay, maybe not so sure of that? LoL!

All I can conclude is that the balance has shifted... Instigators could have a field day if they shoot first and kill. That is what I have a problem with: Lead them on.

The thing is if you were black, you would have blamed the whole thing on being black. Cops are usually equal opportunity aholes.

When it comes to a civil trial, the argument's much simpler: Zimmerman got out of his car, followed Martin, and ultimately Martin ended up with a hollow-point bullet in his heart.

That's enough to win.

The defense Zimmerman will likely use in any civil case that's brought against him will be justifiable use of force, now that he's been found not guilty of non-justifiable use of force.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind'>http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind'>http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 6.013.html

If a judge agrees the force was justified in a pre-trial immunity hearing (and I don't know how they could argue otherwise given how the jury decided) then a civil trial can't proceeed.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 6.032.html

and,

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... 6.012.html

That's enough to win.

It would certainly be easier to justify than a criminal conviction, especially considering puppy48579's negligence argument wouldn't get laughed out of court, but the plaintiff will still have a problem establishing causation. The "but for" causation that the retards have bee regurgitating (but for him getting out of the car...) is only half the question. They also have to establish that it was also the proximate or legal cause of TM's death. The problem is that TM punching him the face is an intervening cause that breaks the chain of causation. Therefore, they still have essentially the same legal hurdle, the bar's just been lowered a bit.

Both those !@#$ing hypocrites need to shut up. Where are they when hundreds of black youths are killed every month?

Is it only a travesty when a so called "white" person is the one who kills a black person?

It would certainly be easier to justify than a criminal conviction, especially considering puppy48579's negligence argument wouldn't get laughed out of court, but the plaintiff will still have a problem establishing causation. The "but for" causation that the retards have bee regurgitating (but for him getting out of the car...) is only half the question. They also have to establish that it was also the proximate or legal cause of TM's death. The problem is that TM punching him the face is an intervening cause that breaks the chain of causation. Therefore, they still have essentially the same legal hurdle, the bar's just been lowered a bit.

That seems like it would be more of a problem for DOJ's civil rights suit that it would for a civil suit. And it strikes me that the only argument they'd really need to make in a civil suit is that Zimmerman's use of deadly force was out of proportion to the situation he was in - "If you're fight, certainly it's reasonable to defend yourself. But is it reasonable to defend yourself with your fists, or with a firearm?" That'll resonate in a civil suit - hell, most of the comments we're seeing on the verdict amount to that same damn argument.

I think I posted this a while back, but it's worth mentioning again. About a year or so ago I could have been in Zimmerman's position. A black guy was on my friend's neighbor's porch around midnight. The guy looked suspicious and we walked up to him and asked him what he was doing while calling the cops. My friend went in his house to get his doberman while I questioned the guy in the street. I never threated or made physical contact with the man, but I asked him who he was and who he was looking for. It turned out he was a prowler, didn't know who lived there, claimed he had the wrong address, but couldn't even come up with the name or address he was looking for. By the time the cops got there he was long gone and probably has victimized others since. If I'd followed him up the street to tell the cops where he was he could have answered to them.

If at any time he had decided to attack me, and was able to break my nose, mount me, and start pummeling me (which is unlikely, but he could be tougher than he looks) I would have shot him out of fear for my safety, and I'd be in the exact same spot as Zimmerman (minus tea and skittles).

Wow that sounds like a scary incident. Glad nothing bad happened.

I don't know if he was in the same mindframe as me. I thought they were going to say 2nd degree murder and give the verdict and then manslaughter and give the verdict. That's what they usually do.

And, BTW, who was the blonde next to him?

The thing is if you were black, you would have blamed the whole thing on being black. Cops are usually equal opportunity aholes.

Agree bbb. Yet, blacks get hasseled way more... My AA neighbors get stopped 100 times more...Even while walking to the park! It only takes one time to blow up @ them and be in world of poo poo w/the po po...

Agree bbb. Yet, blacks get hasseled way more... My AA neighbors get stopped 100 times more...Even while walking to the park! It only takes one time to blow up @ them and be in world of poo poo w/the po po...

I used to work for a guy who, half the time he drove in to DC, got stopped just for being a black man driving a Cadillac Escalade.

I hear you... Gotta be tough. My neighbor overheard me talking to wife, I was livid getting home. He said: "Try to live in my skin." We both laughed. Co-worker got stopped and cuffed, regular citizen minding his own business. They let him go and had his keys! Family member is a CPD officer... She had to go get the keys back! WTF! Dealing w/it day in and day out, eventually people blow. Look what Branch Rickey had to tell Jackie Robinson and to put up w/it for so many years. Do you blame them?? I don't blame Trayvon for taking it to a creepy GZ... Next time carry a gun too and best man get his story straight because the other is dead. He just ran into the wrong guy. His loss. Oh, well. Major phuck up on his part. He (GZ) will have his freedom, family will nail him in civil.

So let me ask you this. If you had gotten out of your car, punched the cop, broken his nose, then got on top of him and started pushing his head into the concrete -- would he have been within his rights to shoot you dead on the spot? Because THAT'S what the evidence says happened. It has nothing to do with being African American and everything to do with TM being stupid and attacking someone.

Following someone is not a crime. Talking to someone is not a crime (even if it's accusatory like, "What are you doing here?!"). Punching someone in the nose, on the other hand, is a crime.

So let me ask you this. If you had gotten out of your car, punched the cop, broken his nose, then got on top of him and started pushing his head into the concrete -- would he have been within his rights to shoot you dead on the spot? Because THAT'S what the evidence says happened. It has nothing to do with being African American and everything to do with TM being stupid and attacking someone.

Following someone is not a crime. Talking to someone is not a crime (even if it's accusatory like, "What are you doing here?!"). Punching someone in the nose, on the other hand, is a crime.

I agree. I know my limits especially w/a creepy cop and his dog (was a K-9 Unit). But, I don't have to deal w/it a lot. Just time to time, being tailed "reading my plates". Long live the instigators!

I agree. I know my limits especially w/a creepy cop and his dog (was a K-9 Unit). But, I don't have to deal w/it a lot. Just time to time, being tailed "reading my plates". Long live the instigators!

If you messed with the cop, nobody would pay attention. But if you messed with the dog, aw snap you're going to prison!

Plus I would hunt you down because i don't care for people who hurt dogs

Somebody please tell the NAACP that there's already been a civil rights investigation by the DOJ and FBI, and they found nothing.

If Harry Reid is right, and it isn't over, and Holder finds charges against Zimmerman, there should be no person left on this planet who doesn't see the Obama administration as the most embarrassing administration of all.

Yes, BUT...there would still be questions surrounding "excessive use of force" on his part.

Which is my point. Under the law, was Zimmerman within his rights to shoot Trayvon under the expectation that he could fear serious harm or death? Yes, possibly...enough to cast reasonable doubt on any criminal charges. Under a civil suit...now "excessive force" comes in to question, given that Zimmerman "brought a gun to a fist fight." And that makes the outcome of a civil suit a lot murkier.

If Harry Reid is right, and it isn't over, and Holder finds charges against Zimmerman, there should be no person left on this planet who doesn't see the Obama administration as the most embarrassing administration of all.

Half the people in the country think that would be justice done.

And they will find charges against Zimmerman. The same way Starr eventually found something on Clinton: keep looking until you do. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Reid and Pelosi introduced some sort of a bill of attainder to make sure he's charged with something.

Yes, BUT...there would still be questions surrounding "excessive use of force" on his part.

Which is my point. Under the law, was Zimmerman within his rights to shoot Trayvon under the expectation that he could fear serious harm or death? Yes, possibly...enough to cast reasonable doubt on any criminal charges. Under a civil suit...now "excessive force" comes in to question, given that Zimmerman "brought a gun to a fist fight." And that makes the outcome of a civil suit a lot murkier.

Half the people in the country think that would be justice done.

And they will find charges against Zimmerman. The same way Starr eventually found something on Clinton: keep looking until you do. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if Reid and Pelosi introduced some sort of a bill of attainder to make sure he's charged with something.

I totally agree w/your position. Keep digging... Just like cops do when tailing some, something is bound to be wrong. Lapse insurance, broken tail light, etc... etc... I got lucky. He even called an AA cop for backup against my snarky white butt... LoL... I got lucky.

The deck is stacked people.

And here comes the calls for gun control

Never let a crisis go to waste :wallbash:

Another example (five years in) that Mr Obama is not an executive in any form....but remains a community organizer.

We have a tragic death, lets use it to further what we want.