fjl2nd

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex-Sanford police chief: Zimmerman probe 'taken away from us'

(CNN) -- The George Zimmerman investigation was hijacked "in a number of ways" by outside forces, said the former police chief of Sanford, Florida.

Bill Lee, who testified Monday in Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial, told CNN's George Howell in an exclusive interview that he felt pressure from city officials to arrest Zimmerman to placate the public rather than as a matter of justice.

"It was (relayed) to me that they just wanted an arrest. They didn't care if it got dismissed later," he said. "You don't do that."

http://edition.cnn.com/2013/07/10/justice/sanford-bill-lee-exclusive/index.html

Actually the more I peruse this thread the more I have to bow to the expertise on racism here. Because outside of a KKK rally it's hard to imagine seeing so much concentrated racism in one place. Wowza. Well done. I guess.

Today I learned that the definition of racism has been expanded to include "showing insufficient willingness to disregard the rule of law and the fundamental underpinnings of American jurisprudance in favor of appeasing the self-serving desires of professional race-baiters".

It's like clockwork. They come down, say something stupid, maybe wash and repeat and then run away for another few months. He/she/its comments about college freshman taking over the board will fit in nicely with the comments about all the old, white, bald racists here.

It was a general statement that we are close to the KKK as far as racism goes. When challenged to submit some examples she runs away pulls them out of the woodwork. The reason I'm assuming that it is a female---no balls. all brains

Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

Edited by dog14787

Anything that's said here matters not one whit in the grand scheme of things except to he who posted it and the people who take exception to it. .

You should give her credit for her own work rather than just plagiarizing it. It is ironic that you post it in direct conflict with its premise. Now explain to me what examples of racism here that she "pulled out of the woodwork". Go ahead, you altered my post to state that, now back it up.

You really shouldn't have come down here and voiced your "opinions". You're as rudderless as BDLR and his team and incapable of forming an opinion on fact, let alone employ any critical thinking and intellectual curiosity. You're the kind of person that spends all his time talking rather than listening. Continue to spew your nonsense though, some here want the target practice.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Lol.......Prosecution desperation continues this A.M. , the state's now arguing it's 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse.

Defense first notified this morning at 7:30

West:"Has State been gathering this case law for over a year, so could spring it on us, this Court, this jury, last moment?"

(Big surprise) Judge Nelson says law permits state's child abuse argument, West calls it a "trick." ...............Judge: We'll revisit this later

Judge: I can give u some time to prepare but not hours. We're skipping that for now & moving on.

Tweets following the flow of the lawyers argument on Jury instructions

State & Nelson (but I repeat myself) arguing that Zimmerman can only claim self-defense if first prove attacker committing a felony. (?)

The defense accused the state of pulling tricks again and the judge asked Don Wesr not to use the word "trick" any more

West: Zimmerman doesn't want to argue that Trayvon was committing a felony when killed. He is stressing that GZ was resisting bodily harm.

Defense worried about state using provocation in broad sense as defense to justifiable homicide and watering down self defense argument.

Mantei: can argue use of force based on witness statements that Zimmerman started confrontation, GZ was on top of Trayvon

The state just said the facts show an equal possibility that either Zimmerman or Martin was the aggressor.

West pointing out obvious that there's NO EVIDENCE of Zimmerman accosting Martin

Finally the provocation argument, provocation means physical force or violence- not following. The defense says Martin had almost 4 minutes to go 348 feet to get away from Zimmermanbut chose not to.

West: "As a matter of law, following someone... is not against the law," especially if reporting info to police.

Edited by B-Man

Lol.......Prosecution desperation continues this A.M. , the state's now arguing it's 3rd degree felony murder based on child abuse.

Defense first notified this morning at 7:30

West:"Has State been gathering this case law for over a year, so could spring it on us, this Court, this jury, last moment?"

(Big surprise) Judge Nelson says law permits state's child abuse argument, West calls it a "trick." ...............Judge: We'll revisit this later

Judge: I can give u some time to prepare but not hours. We're skipping that for now & moving on.

Florida doesn't HAVE a third-degree murder statute. "Child abuse" as a contributing factor in a death is still second degree felony murder.

Florida doesn't HAVE a third-degree murder statute. "Child abuse" as a contributing factor in a death is still second degree felony murder.

interesting. seems like the prosecution decided to stay under the radar all trial and then really reach in the bag of tricks here

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids

Your best post yet. You responded within the context of the discussion and only embarrassed yourself slightly.

I think we've finally found a topic you're fit to discuss: breakfast food jingles. You should ply your wares over on the SSS board, Simpletons, Slogans, & Sereals.

Well Tom, I (thankfully) am not familiar with Florida law, but several of the media outlets that I have checked are still referring to the State's motion this AM as a a request for 3rd degree.

In a surprise move this morning, the prosecution asked the Judge to drop the Aggravated Assault charge and to instruct the jury on Third Degree Murder, which is murder in the course of committing a felony.

The felony the State wanted as the predicate was Aggravated Child Abuse (Jury Instruction) because Trayvon Martin was 17 at the time of the shooting.

According to Don West, the defense was not notified until 7:30 a.m. this morning.

Jury in Zimmerman case may consider other charges

By MIKE SCHNEIDER and KYLE HIGHTOWER

Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NEIGHBORHOOD_WATCH?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-07-11-10-13-00

This child abuse maneuver is just an attempt to confuse the jury. If they can't prove the elements of murder 2 or manslaughter the age makes no difference. Shooting your assailant in self-defense doesn't stop being self-defense just because the assailant was under 18 and everyone in the courtroom with a law degree knows it.

This is a !@#$ing circus. This entire event is just a black eye on all things that this country has become.

In one simple test. If TM was alive today with a gun shoot wound or less and/or incident broken up before lethal - would GZ face charges or would TM? TM would face assault charges, possibly attempted murder.

Well Tom, I (thankfully) am not familiar with Florida law, but several of the media outlets that I have checked are still referring to the State's motion this AM as a a request for 3rd degree.

In a surprise move this morning, the prosecution asked the Judge to drop the Aggravated Assault charge and to instruct the jury on Third Degree Murder, which is murder in the course of committing a felony.

The felony the State wanted as the predicate was Aggravated Child Abuse (Jury Instruction) because Trayvon Martin was 17 at the time of the shooting.

According to Don West, the defense was not notified until 7:30 a.m. this morning.

Jury in Zimmerman case may consider other charges

By MIKE SCHNEIDER and KYLE HIGHTOWER

Associated Press

http://hosted.ap.org...-07-11-10-13-00

Well, that's interesting. 'Cause when I looked it up this morning, the Florida statutes said something completely different.

Seriously...I even checked my browser cache. The state web site listing the statues said differently two hours ago. :lol:

Well, that's interesting. 'Cause when I looked it up this morning, the Florida statutes said something completely different.

Seriously...I even checked my browser cache. The state web site listing the statues said differently two hours ago. :lol:

:lol: Or reading comprehension isn't your specialty

Well, except for beating the **** out of Zimmerman...

You always forget that part.

let me help you with this

before the confrontation occured

I really don't know which outcome would be better: letting this innocent man go, or sending him to jail to avoid the riots (knowing he'll be freed on appeal)

I suppose, that if you believe in due process and cling to a slipping American system, the former is better. Or if you prefer to style yourself after Egypt, and subscribe to a doctrine based on mob rule, the latter is better.

Are we going to have any memorable lines in the closing arguments? Instead of, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit," how about, "Trayvon ate Skittles, so you must acquittle!"

(I'm sure someone else can do better :D )

I suppose, that if you believe in due process and cling to a slipping American system, the former is better. Or if you prefer to style yourself after Egypt, and subscribe to a doctrine based on mob rule, the latter is better.

Honestly...either outcome results in "mob rule". It's just a question of whether you want it enforced in a controlled manner by the courts, or an uncontrolled manner by the rioters.

Are we going to have any memorable lines in the closing arguments? Instead of, "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit," how about, "Trayvon ate Skittles, so you must acquittle!"

(I'm sure someone else can do better :D )

If you shoot a kid, you must do your bid!

Honestly...either outcome results in "mob rule". It's just a question of whether you want it enforced in a controlled manner by the courts, or an uncontrolled manner by the rioters.

You've got a very broad definition of "mob rule" there.

But according to you, Martin was a "criminal element." So prove a crime wasn't committed before the confrontation.

according to me, Zimmerman portrayed T martin as a criminal element

it doesn't mean he was one...

Edited by dog14787