Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

I guess. And if the situation was completely reversed and Martin was the shooter of an unarmed GZ, I'd feel the same exact way. I get the feeling some of you would be ready to fry Martin if that was the case.

Please get over yourself. Blacks randomly kill each other all day ever day and never ONCE are you over hear talking about innocent 17-old black kids being unnecessarily gunned down by other blacks.

Let's take the 16-year-old girl randomly gunned down on her porch in Chicago this past weekend, along with five other people. And that was just last weekend. Black teenagers are shot every weekend in Chicago.

But hey, let's put on our bejeweled cowboy hat and scream about the racial injustice forced on a helpless black Skittle-eating youth and his aggressive white hispanic cold-blooded murdered because it gets more attention.

If you're going to yell about young kids getting murdered, yell about all of them or STFU because you're sounding a bit like a person who judges people strictly by the color of the skin. And we wouldn't want that, would we?

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess. And if the situation was completely reversed and Martin was the shooter of an unarmed GZ, I'd feel the same exact way. I get the feeling some of you would be ready to fry Martin if that was the case.

You're not to swift are you...............

Your crystal ball needs a tune up.

So bashing simeone's head against the ground and breaking their nose is doing nothing wrong? Why do you keep saying this?

It's not right but what would do if you're a 17 yo kid getting followed by some creep when you did nothing wrong. It's easy to judge others when you're not in your shoes. I applaud GZ for watching out for his community. It is admirable. But he is not the law. He reported Martin because he "looked like trouble." BS but whatever, he did his part. But I'm sorry if someone is following me, prepare to get confronted.

Please get over yourself. Blacks randomly kill each other all day ever day and never ONCE are you over hear talking about innocent 17-old black kids being unnecessarily gunned down by other blacks.

Let's take the 16-year-old girl randomly gunned down on her porch in Chicago this past weekend, along with five other people. And that was just last weekend. Black teenagers are shot every weekend in Chicago.

But hey, let's put on our bejeweled cowboy hat and scream about the racial injustice forced on a helpless black Skittle-eating youth and his aggressive white hispanic cold-blooded murdered because it gets more attention.

If you're going to yell about young kids getting murdered, yell about all of them or STFU because you're sounding a bit like a person who judges people strictly by the color of the skin. And we wouldn't want that, would we?

There you go with assumptions. In general, the gun culture disgusts me. Fighting isn't great but I've been in my share. And for the most part, you scrap and move on. Now, a lot of kids are packing and that's their solution to a fight. And yes, it's a huge problem in the inner city and needs to be corrected.

Personally, I've lived in cities all my life and never felt the need for a gun. And honestly, if this country banned guns, would it be a worse place? But I get that people hunt so I don't want a gun ban. But something needs to be changed. And it's not black kids who shoot up schools or workplaces.

And finally, here's the generation gap. I'm assuming you're white and over 40? Is this correct? Because different generations see things differently. My friends and I wear hoodies and won't bat an eye if we saw a kid in one. If you are suspious, report it and let the police do their job. But he overstep his boundaries and created a situation that didn't need to happen in the first place. I will never agree that someone who is unarmed and committed no crime should be shot and killed. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

You mean black on black murders, right? Like this stat.

Barely six months into 2012, Chicago has already hosted 228 homicides this year; overseas in Afghanistan, the body count for US troops has reached a comparably meager 144. Matched up against other major cities, Chicago's murder rate exceeds four-times what residents of New York have experienced this year, reports The Daily. What's worse, however, is that death toll isn't expected to teeter off anytime soon.

http://rt.com/usa/ne...an-city-us-108/

The homicide rate for the city of Chicago is so far up 50 percent from one year earlier. That isn’t to say, of course, that the recent surge is the start of an all new trend. Since the War in Afghanistan began in late 2001, around 2,000 US soldiers have lost their lives while fighting for Uncle Sam; during that same span of time, homicides in Chicago have exceeded 5,000.

Edited by erynthered

There's 2 sides to every story. I'm sure Trayvon has his side but he's not alive to give it. Spin it all you want, but GZ has a police record and shot an unarmed teenager who did nothing wrong.

Come on! You sound like my 78 year old dad who came of age during the civil rights movement... He thinks that Trayvon was shot in cold blood. You really think that he was shot in cold blood? IMO, it is somewhere in the middle... Sure Trayvon is dead and can't tell his side of the story... I don't think he was killed in cold blood... I think Trayvon got proactive with Zimmerman following him and Zimmerman trumped Martin's move with a gun. Martin should still do under 10 years prison stime for the choice he chose to resolve the conflict and the way he pursued Martin.

Come on! You sound like my 78 year old dad who came of age during the civil rights movement... He thinks that Trayvon was shot in cold blood. You really think that he was shot in cold blood? IMO, it is somewhere in the middle... Sure Trayvon is dead and can't tell his side of the story... I don't think he was killed in cold blood... I think Trayvon got proactive with Zimmerman following him and Zimmerman trumped Martin's move with a gun. Martin should still do under 10 years prison stime for the choice he chose to resolve the conflict and the way he pursued Martin.

The other prisoners might consider that cruel and unusual. Better hope you get top bunk if you're rooming with him.

If Martin shot and killed Zimmerman because he was being followed, won't he have been standing his ground according to Flordia?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

If Martin shot and killed Zimmerman because he was being followed, won't he have been standing his ground according to Flordia?

Yes, if Martin shot and killed Zimmerman after Zimm thumped Trayvon's head off the concrete a few times, then Martin would likely be covered under the Stand Your Ground law.

Edited by Jauronimo

Yes, if Martin shot and killed Zimmerman after Zimm thumped Trayvon's head off the concrete a few times, then Martin would likely be covered under the Stand Your Ground law.

So if you are getting followed by a stranger, that's not grounds for standing your ground?

Ummmm, I'd keep walking. :unsure:

I guess we're different. Luckily, I've never been followed. And judging by some of your tales, I suspect a 17 yo Chef Jim would have handled it differently than the current Chef Jim.

And if a grown man is getting beat up by a skinny 17 yo, it might be time to get another wanna be suburbarn cop.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

So if you are getting followed by a stranger, that's not grounds for standing your ground?

I guess we're different. Luckily, I've never been followed. And judging by some of your tales, I suspect a 17 yo Chef Jim would have handled it differently than the current Chef Jim.

If if I did confront him I'd not break his nose or bash his head against the cement. But tell me oh enlightened one, how would a 17 year old Chef Jim have handled the situation? BTW I've never been in a fight in my life.

There you go with assumptions.

Heh,....funny

You are mis-stating what occurred, its been posted time and time again in this thread.

Check the timelines.....................and stop assuming what happened.

It's not right but what would do if you're a 17 yo kid getting followed by some creep when you did nothing wrong. It's easy to judge others when you're not in your shoes. I applaud GZ for watching out for his community. It is admirable. But he is not the law. He reported Martin because he "looked like trouble." BS but whatever, he did his part. But I'm sorry if someone is following me, prepare to get confronted.

There you go with assumptions. In general, the gun culture disgusts me. Fighting isn't great but I've been in my share. And for the most part, you scrap and move on. Now, a lot of kids are packing and that's their solution to a fight. And yes, it's a huge problem in the inner city and needs to be corrected.

Personally, I've lived in cities all my life and never felt the need for a gun. And honestly, if this country banned guns, would it be a worse place? But I get that people hunt so I don't want a gun ban. But something needs to be changed. And it's not black kids who shoot up schools or workplaces.

And finally, here's the generation gap. I'm assuming you're white and over 40? Is this correct? Because different generations see things differently. My friends and I wear hoodies and won't bat an eye if we saw a kid in one. If you are suspious, report it and let the police do their job. But he overstep his boundaries and created a situation that didn't need to happen in the first place. I will never agree that someone who is unarmed and committed no crime should be shot and killed. I guess we'll agree to disagree.

So, assault is no longer a crime? :huh:

Or are you stating that Trayvon Martin didn't beat up George Zimmerman?

And if a grown man is getting beat up by a skinny 17 yo, it might be time to get another wanna be suburbarn cop.

Or maybe just shoot the little prick who was bashing his head against the concrete. You said you've been in plenty of fights. Did you call the cops to help you out?

No, its not. How, under the law, would you define when you're "being followed"? How would Trayvon have known for sure he was being followed instead of pure coincidence? If the same person is behind me for half my drive home from work today, can I shoot them?

Following someone is not a crime. Theres no evidence of harassment, threats or taunts. If Trayvon truly felt threatened wouldn't he have been more likely to run or call the police himself rather than circle back and assault Zimmerman? Martin wasn't cornered in an alley, or backed against the wall with no other options but to resort to violence. Trayvon made a choice, and in doing so he over played his hand and was shot.

No, its not. How, under the law, would you define when you're "being followed"? How would Trayvon have known for sure he was being followed instead of pure coincidence? If the same person is behind me for half my drive home from work today, can I shoot them?

Following someone is not a crime. Theres no evidence of harassment, threats or taunts. If Trayvon truly felt threatened wouldn't he have been more likely to run or call the police himself rather than circle back and assault Zimmerman? Martin wasn't cornered in an alley, or backed against the wall with no other options but to resort to violence. Trayvon made a choice, and in doing so he over played his hand and was shot.

This thread is 67 pages long. That point's been explained a number of times. If he doesn't get it by now, he just doesn't want to get it. Or else he's too stupid to get it.

No matter how many times you keep posting the same thing, it does not change the factual circumstances of that evening.

You don't even realize that your mockery of GZ being beaten by a 17-yr old, provides justification under the law to use lethal force as self-defense.

Can't have the argument both ways. If Martin circled back to assault Zimmerman, there's grounds to fire a gun in self protection.

This thread is 67 pages long. That point's been explained a number of times. If he doesn't get it by now, he just doesn't want to get it. Or else he's too stupid to get it.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Lazy would be another word too. Cause Y'know thats what his generation is all about.

:lol:

Edited by erynthered