Bob Kraft Comments

mabden

Kraft acts like he is so smart.

They won the lottery in getting Brady in the sixth round.

Now he wants to play revisionist historian.

can not take away Brady is a great QB and the perfect soldier to Belichik as the general.

But since the whole spygate thing they have not won the Big Game. It use to be if you gave Belicheat two weeks to prepare they would never lose, now maybe we know why?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Kraft even commenting on the contract of another team's player? I don't think I've ever heard an owner do that before.

Anyway, it must be nice to be the owner of the Patriots who are in one of the largest markets, have one of the best QBs, and probably the best coach and players will give you a discount for a chance to win a SB.

The Bills had to overpay, but if you're going to overpay overpay for a position that is one of the hardest to land. Elite QBs and DE's never hit the open market, the Bills just got one without having to use a high draft pick (and are still under the cap by a significant amount...)

I can't wait see what the Pats do once Brady and Belichick retire. Let's see how easy it is to keep winning then...

The only investment hes concerned about is his own in Marsha. He knows Gmen have Pats #, primarily due to their Dline. Dude is scared sh#tless he could be facing something like that 2x/year in the division now. The jets for all their defensive prowess haven't had much of a pass rush under Ryan, relying more on their DBs.

That he's going public tells me WE did the right thing.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I really hope you're right about that. I had heard that the cap hit was minimal THIS year, which made absolutely no sense to me. We need to get a big chunk of that cap hit to occur in year one, cause we have other FAs to sign in the next couple of years and we need the room. If a fourth of it comes off this year, then that's very smart, IMO.

From what I've heard it's a 9 million hit this year and to be honest that's perfect. Next year it's 11 million. Again perfect. In 2 years when the TV contracts kick then it takes a big hit on the cap.

With caps more than likely increasing in the coming years, the TV contracts kicking in and this new roll over festures what the Bills did spacing out MW contract seems absolutely correct to me.

What Kraft overlooks (probably willfully) is that whether we "overpaid" or not, we NEEDED a signing like this in order to make this an attractive destination for other players. New England doesn't need a blockbuster signing right now... but in 1993 they absolutely needed to draft Drew Bledsoe and pay him stupid money in order to start turning things around. It's all about where your franchise is in the development process. A team with a decade of success and stability attracts midlevel free agents like flies. Kraft can look down his nose at how we are doing things but the truth is that it just wasn't possible for us to sign the players who were lining up to go to New England. Now it will be.

Also, he's a dick.

the guy has been a great owner and has been afforded the luxury of signing goood players at reasonable value over the past few years. he's done so because he has a system that works, with a great coach and an excellent qb. the question in retrospect is whether or not he would pay handsomely for an elite player if he didn't have one at a key position. let's be rational, too...when you extend/re-up a player like Tom Brady, you do so to avoid losing them. You pay a large amount of money to keep your guy in house. that takes money off the table as well, but makes your team better. the Bills have hardly throw caution to the wind trying to go out and sign every free agent they can fine. one guy--one key guy.

And from a fan perspective, if he had his people shelling out major money to watch a hall of fame passer with 5 %$#@inf seconds to set up and throw the ball over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over---sorry, I got hung up on the last decade...well, one would assume he'd address the need when they stopped buying tix.

put another way...in years past, we'd always do what we always did, and we always would get what we always got. the MW signing shows a clear departure from that philosophy.

This is a completely jealous comment that Buffalo should not be the punching bag anymore, and that Brady will now have to be sacked alot more when he plays the Bills.

I can't remember Kraft making comments about Daniel Snyder's spending on such notable free agents as, say...Albert 'Fat Al' Haynesworth and the like. Or Jerry Jones' free spending ways.

The Pats dynasty is fading, and they are coming back into the realm of mortals and this is nothing more than sour grapes.

"bah, wah, wah, waaaaah. We're not great anymore!" :cry:

Of coarse he's gonna say that !! Ever since Arron Schobel left the Bills there has been no worry of a pass rush on Tom terrific but now that we have Mario there is the chance that Tommy might get his bell rung or worse whenever the Pats face the Bills & he doesn't like it !!

You never know , with the Bills making some of the moves they have & will in the draft he could be seeing that we are making progress & that he is seeing his precious AFC east domination start to come to an end & that our Bills are on the rise to take back what is theirs !!

So ya i would say it's more jealousy than any thing !! Watch out Tommy here we come :D !!

I saw a breakdown of Mario Williams contract.

Because of his bonus, the biggest cap hit will come this year (about $25 million).

His cap number will be VERY small in 2013 and 2014, and then gradually goes back into double digits for the last three years.

In other words, the only thing his signing will prevent is us signing free agents THIS YEAR.

So my question is, who are we missing out on?

And given that we were under by over by nearly 35 million for the cap THIS year.....it doesn't prevent us from signing 2nd tier type free agents this year either......

Would like to bring Bell back if its reasonable so we can use that 1st round pick on Floyd....or would like to sign a 2nd teir WR so we can take Johnathan Martin the OT at 10 in the draft

Sour grapes. And he realizes the "Brady window" is beginning to close, as is the talent gap between the Pats* and the rest of the division, particularly Buffalo.

Agreed...every day he wakes up is a day closer to the end of the career of Tom Brady...as our team is getting better, his is starting to deteriorate. The league may have turned their backs on spygate but hopefully Karma will catch up to them. We can only hope they have a decade of bad drafts, bad coaching, and a lack of free agent interest to come.

He should have just said "It's a waste of money, because now Im going to go to the league and make sure he is not allowed to hit my little princess".

What a jealous little prick.

As you and others have pointed out, he is playing to the NE fan base while secretly worrying that a line with Dareus, KWilliams and MWilliams will be staring at Marcia with froth around their mouths. The Bills have allowed Brady to have his way with is for the better part of the last several seasons. Seeing that domination fading must have him worried big time.

Funny he had to go out of his way to slam one of the biggest FA signing this off-season.

From what I've heard it's a 9 million hit this year and to be honest that's perfect. Next year it's 11 million. Again perfect. In 2 years when the TV contracts kick then it takes a big hit on the cap.

With caps more than likely increasing in the coming years, the TV contracts kicking in and this new roll over festures what the Bills did spacing out MW contract seems absolutely correct to me.

If we decide to prorate the bonus over the length of the contact, then yes, the cap hit is 9m this year. However, with the bills operating under cash to cap discipline, Al money spent this year, including the bonus gets placed on this years cap number. So for this year, the cap hit is 25m, and generally very reasonable for all other years. We still have over 12m to spend for this year even...

He is not exactly wrong. If a team is more than one player a way from being good then spending your nut on one player is foolish. Obviously Buddy and company feel that we are a lot closer to being a playoff caliber roster than the media and Mr. Kraft think. This was a huge "all in" bet by the Buffalo front office and props to them for having the balls to pull it off. Someone is right and someone is wrong and we will all find out a few months from now.

Here is to hoping that Buddy's bet pays off in spades.

Edited by ACor58

He is not exactly wrong. If a team is more than one player a way from being good then spending your nut on one player is foolish. Obviously Buddy and company feel that we are a lot closer to being a playoff caliber roster than the media. and Mr. Kraft think. This was a huge "all in" bet by the Buffalo front office and props to them for having the balls to pull it off. Someone is right and someone is wrong and we will all find out a few months from now.

Here is to hoping that Buddy's bet pays off in spades.

To me, Mario Williams makes our 4-6 million per million DTs 7-8 million DTs, our 2-3 million LBs into 4-5 million LBs, and our 3-5 million DBs into 5-7 million DBs.

He created an excitement and confidence in the team in the short term, mid term and long term, sold tickets and jerseys, and helped the offense tremendously. He was a bargain.

To me, Mario Williams makes our 4-6 million per million DTs 7-8 million DTs, our 2-3 million LBs into 4-5 million LBs, and our 3-5 million DBs into 5-7 million DBs.

He created an excitement and confidence in the team in the short term, mid term and long term, sold tickets and jerseys, and helped the offense tremendously. He was a bargain.

Agreed. The Bills needed this signing. Anyone who has watched this team knows that they haven't been able to rush the passer since Wade Phillps left. Our secondary is good wit the potential to. E great, especially if they don't have to cover anyone for more than 5 seconds like they have in the past.

More importantly, this energized a fan base that has been longing for a superstar for far too long.