Merriman will quiet his doubters this year

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he was looking for a new contract and achilles surgery would have destroyed his bargaining power.

You're "The Doc" but I don't know that I buy that 100%. Even if true how did that work out for him ya know.

If any of you saw the 4th preseason game, Merriman wasn't playing all-pro, he was playing all-world. If he can play like that this year this team could have the best defense in the NFL. There's a whole lot of "ifs" in that statement and guys need to get and stay healthy but our DL on paper has the potential to be one of the best ever. If Merriman and Kyle Williams come back fully healed, you have FOUR defensive lineman that cannot be blocked one on one. Not only does that put a MASSIVE amount of pressure on the QB, it will force opposing OC's to completely alter their game plan.

If any of you saw the 4th preseason game, Merriman wasn't playing all-pro, he was playing all-world. If he can play like that this year this team could have the best defense in the NFL. There's a whole lot of "ifs" in that statement and guys need to get and stay healthy but our DL on paper has the potential to be one of the best ever. If Merriman and Kyle Williams come back fully healed, you have FOUR defensive lineman that cannot be blocked one on one. Not only does that put a MASSIVE amount of pressure on the QB, it will force opposing OC's to completely alter their game plan.

There is only 1 if and it is the same IF he has had the last 5 years. Health. If you don't have health it doesn't matter how much talent you have. We all hope he gets well but I think his body is just broken beyond repair.

Just a hunch. I just got NFL game rewind and have payed close attention to Merriman is the first few weeks he was playing. He was very good at setting the edge in the run game and was pushing around tackles and getting a lot of attention, getting chipped by backs and TE's and double teams. With WMD manning the other part of the line, I fully expect Merriman to have a very good year.

It's hard not to notice the difference in the Bills record before and after his and Kyle's injuries. Here's hoping they both are fully healed and remain healthy for the rest of their careers.

Wasn't he picked up on waivers? Not much bargaining power there.

You're "The Doc" but I don't know that I buy that 100%. Even if true how did that work out for him ya know.

It worked out better than had he undergone surgery after the 2009 season, when he first suffered the injury.

Let us pray...and hope the injury bug takes a holiday this season...

I do not see this as an injury bug, it is the residual effect of roids...we all know that, it is common with all athletes who over did it in the roid era. :thumbdown:

I do not see this as an injury bug, it is the residual effect of roids...we all know that, it is common with all athletes who over did it in the roid era. :thumbdown:

tearing an achilles isnt roids related at all, players tear them all the time, mostly due to the turf.

plus he was probably also on hgh which strengthens tendons and ligaments.

He sounds confident

Shawne Merriman ‏ @shawnemerriman

RT @joesocha1: @shawnemerriman ..how's the achilles? Best I've felt in 3 years thanks lets get ready to tell some people to #Puckerup

Shawne Merriman ‏ @shawnemerriman

I think people sometime forget I'm 27 don't worry I forget too