Is Schobel considering coming out of retirement?

NishP

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a silly discussion. Someone please remind me how many guys have come out of a two year retirement in their mid 30s to play well in the NFL.

How many guys have retired healthy in their prime coming off a double digit sack season? Sure, it would be the exception rather than the rule, but if there were an exception these are the ideal circumstances for it to happen.

I remember an article on him shortly after he left the Bills as there was talk he might be interested in reversing course and going to a 4-3 team, ironically Houston back then, and Shobel talked about how he didnt want to do this and said he was tired of having to maintain a strict diet and workout all the time. I cant see a guy with a mindset like that staying in any kind of shape but round.

I don't think he would be a Chan and Buddy guy just like how they perceived Lee Evans. Wasn't Schobel the guy as perceived as lazy during practice?

I don't want him either. You don't bring back quitters that lack heart. He is anti what this team is about right now.

WOW it's awful funny that if he was a quitter as you say how come he has the second highest sack amount in Bills history behind Bruce & at the same point in his career as Mario Williams the 6 year mark Schobel had 60.5 sacks in comparison to 53 for Mario !!

Sounds to me like your just a jump on the band wagon when things are going good Bills fan and don't or should i say can't see a real Bills type player when you see one .

For gods sake the guy was the best thing in a BIlls uni for years & left it all out on the field every time he was out there , he was the only thing we had to route for & you are nothing more than a ingrate !! why don't you go join the Jets or better yet the Eagles fan base you would fit right in .

As far as you saying he is anti what this team is about is so far off base ! He is all what this team is about never Quitting putting it all on the field , giving his all for ONE team a blue collar guy !! I don't know what Arron Schobel you were watching but it must have been from a alternate demention b/c the Schobel i watched i exactly the opposite of the guy you are talking about !!

I think you must be talking about Albert Haynseworth but even you would notice the difference of race ??? Well maybe not !!! :w00t:

I'm not thinking that he would come back but man you are way off base on this one !!!!

Edited by T master

WOW it's awful funny that if he was a quitter as you say how come he has the second highest sack amount in Bills history behind Bruce & at the same point in his career as Mario Williams the 6 year mark Schobel had 60.5 sacks in comparison to 53 for Mario !!

Sounds to me like your just a jump on the band wagon when things are going good Bills fan and don't or should i say can't see a real Bills type player when you see one .

For gods sake the guy was the best thing in a BIlls uni for years & left it all out on the field every time he was out there , he was the only thing we had to route for & you are nothing more than a ingrate !! why don't you go join the Jets or better yet the Eagles fan base you would fit right in .

As far as you saying he is anti what this team is about is so far off base ! He is all what this team is about never Quitting putting it all on the field , giving his all for ONE team a blue collar guy !! I don't know what Arron Schobel you were watching but it must have been from a alternate demention b/c the Schobel i watched i exactly the opposite of the guy you are talking about !!

I think you must be talking about Albert Haynseworth but even you would notice the difference of race ??? Well maybe not !!! :w00t:

I'm not thinking that he would come back but man you are way off base on this one !!!!

I believe the issue is the likelihood of being productive after a 2 year retirement. Don't see it happening.

If Aaron wants to come back now, it would solve the DL problem completely. Left to Right. . .M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, Schobel. Who needs linebackers at that point.

If Aaron comes back, we should draft OT in the first round, WR in the second, CB in the third and two OLBs in the fourth.

If Aaron wants to come back now, it would solve the DL problem completely. Left to Right. . .M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, Schobel. Who needs linebackers at that point.

If Aaron comes back, we should draft OT in the first round, WR in the second, CB in the third and two OLBs in the fourth.

What is wrong with Barnett? And I would always drop BPA. Draft to fill needs and you get tomato cans such as Mike Williams

What would be hilarious is the fact that Schobel is a TX guy. He's no longer reserved to just the Bills. What if he DID come back but played for the Texans and Wade with Mario leaving. Anyone think of that?

I don't care where he goes, so long as he doesn't come here. We need positive attitudes, not negative ones. His last year with the Bills was awful.

What would be hilarious is the fact that Schobel is a TX guy. He's no longer reserved to just the Bills. What if he DID come back but played for the Texans and Wade with Mario leaving. Anyone think of that?

not a 3-4 guy