3. Ronnell Lewis - 4-3 OLB Oklahoma

4a. Jake Bequette - 4-3 DE Arkansas

4b. Emmanuel Acho - 4-3 OLB Texas

5a. Donnie Fletcher - CB Boston College

5b. Jeff Allen - OT Illinois

6. Tommy Streeter - WR Miami

7. Russell Wilson - QB Wisconsin

:thumbsup:

Not bad. I don't think Fletcher is pro material. We have enough conservative DB's

I love the first 4 rounds, and Streeter in the 6th! I think that would give us 4-6 real players.

Dont know much about Fletcher or Allen, and dont like Wilson at all.

But Id take it! :thumbsup:

Fletcher's a big (6'1" 195), physical DB who shows good coverage skills and has proven to be solid in run support. Scouts criticize his lack of "top end" speed...I believe his best 40 times are in 4.5 range. Scouts think he has good potential though, and many believe he has flown below the radar due to playing on a horrible Boston College defense. He is also know as a good special teams player, as he has excelled as the gunner position on the punt team.

Jeff Allen is a decent sized OT prospect that has seen his stock rise since the combine. Some scouts see him coming off the board in the 4th round. He is known to play with great quickness and leverage in pass blocking, is quick off the snap and is good at getting to the 2nd level in run blocking, and has a solid slide kick to defend against speed rushers. He has played both tackle positions, and many scouts think he could fare well at Guard in the NFL. One criticism is his hand placement in fighting off pass rushers, but that (IMO) is something that can be coached up.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

1. Michael Floyd - WR Notre Dame

2. Vinny Curry - 4-3 DE Marshall

Not a huge fan of Floyd, but then I don't really know how his skills compare to what else will be available at 10. But I do like the rest, Curry has a lot of upside, and Russell is intriguing.

1331081303[/url]' post='2397179']

Best draft ever minus Russell Wilson, but I doubt Lewis makes it til round 3, or Bequette makes it til 4. I think both are solid 2nd rounders. Streeter in the 6th is even less doubtful. If it happened I'd be fired up, but it's not believable IMO.

I would love that draft.

I wouldn't kick that draft out of bed

isnt it "I wouldnt kick her outta bed for eatin' crackers?"

Point taken, though.

1. Michael Floyd - WR Notre Dame Jonathan Martin - OT Stanford

Are you saying what you want, or what you think will happen?

I made this change because Gailey/Nix dont bluff and they have said they are going OT most likely.

The only Pain Gailey/Nix got time for is the pain they put on people who think they bluff about their draft plans.

Edited by maddenboy

My only edit would be to replace the DB and the 2nd olb with at least 1 DT. Say a guy like Mike Martin out of Michigan. Suppose it depends on Torrell Troupe.

I was actually thinking about this....for the reason you gave, but also the uncertainty of Kyle Williams coming off a major surgery.

Are you saying what you want, or what you think will happen?

I made this change because Gailey/Nix dont bluff and they have said they are going OT most likely.

The only Pain Gailey/Nix got time for is the pain they put on people who think they bluff about their draft plans.

I'm just throwing together some draft picks based on my perceived team needs, as well as, some players I'd like to see in a Bills uniform next season. I have yet to read or hear anything from Buddy or Chan that leads me to believe that they are "most likely" going OT with #10. I have heard Buddy comment, however, on not reaching for a pass rusher with the #10 pick because he thinks he can get value in other rounds. To me that means best player available....that could be OT, WR, or CB IMO.

I was actually thinking about this....for the reason you gave, but also the uncertainty of Kyle Williams coming off a major surgery.

I'm just throwing together some draft picks based on my perceived team needs, as well as, some players I'd like to see in a Bills uniform next season. I have yet to read or hear anything from Buddy or Chan that leads me to believe that they are "most likely" going OT with #10. I have heard Buddy comment, however, on not reaching for a pass rusher with the #10 pick because he thinks he can get value in other rounds. To me that means best player available....that could be OT, WR, or CB IMO.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Buddy-Nix-on-Left-Tackle-Situation/06a6ea56-5f3a-438c-aa5b-abfa58186b2a

Scroll to 1:40. "We gone draft a tackle, . . . if there's one there . . . you caint never have too many tackles." In context, he started by talking about how Pears is a right tackle. Bell has "tools" but is injury prone. Of course this doesnt mean first round, but Nix has already said he doesnt think the top of the draft is deep with DE/pass rushers and he will not reach. He also has said that you draft pass rushers early, and receivers are found later in the draft.

Just sayin. After this interview I prepared myself to have a LT in the ten hole (even though my signature is all about pass rush). And i'm at peace with it now. Prepare thyselves.

Edited by maddenboy

very good Johnny

Meh, I could live with this draft. Although I'd probably take OT Nate Potter at 5a. -Not crazy about the Streeter kid. I could definitely see Acho working out for us though. Not bad.

Edited by #34fan

I would like to see stephen Hill up there somewhere between 3-6

Not a fan of Michael Floyd in the 1st round. My personal belief is not to take a WR or RB in the 1st unless it's a generational talent like Calvin Johnson. I just think you can get good value at those two positions throughout the draft.

Not a fan of Michael Floyd in the 1st round. My personal belief is not to take a WR or RB in the 1st unless it's a generational talent like Calvin Johnson. I just think you can get good value at those two positions throughout the draft.

Agreed. WRs touch the ball 6-8 times a game....maybe.

Plus this kid has a bit of a drinking issue. If he can't control it when he needs to when he's in college how well will he do with millions in his bank account. I think he slides because of this. Talent alone would put him in the top 10.

Edited by qwksilver

Who is Johnny Hammerstick? I only pay attention to mock drafts from people who get paid to waste their time writing them.

JK actually pretty good mock draft I could live with most of it. I think Vinny Curry may slide some due his combine and slow 40. I am hoping someone like Mercilus or Branch with a little more speed on the edge are available when we pick in the 2nd round.

Edited by billieve420

I think perhaps you are underestimating the talent level of Michael Floyd. He isn't a "generational talent" like Calvin Johnson, but he may be the best overall WR in this, very talented, draft class. He's fast (4.41 40), big (6'3 220), physical, has great hands, is a good blocker, and is a good route runner.

He is bigger, faster, and a more complete WR than Dez Bryant. IMO, (and some draft scouts believe this also) he may prove to be more talented than Justin Blackmon.

Drafting Floyd at #10 gives us an extremely talented, young WR corps for the next 5-6 years (at least). I'll bet that Floyd would have more of an impact than any offensive tackle available at the #10 slot.

I think perhaps you are underestimating the talent level of Michael Floyd. He isn't a "generational talent" like Calvin Johnson, but he may be the best overall WR in this, very talented, draft class. He's fast (4.41 40), big (6'3 220), physical, has great hands, is a good blocker, and is a good route runner.

He is bigger, faster, and a more complete WR than Dez Bryant. IMO, (and some draft scouts believe this also) he may prove to be more talented than Justin Blackmon.

Drafting Floyd at #10 gives us an extremely talented, young WR corps for the next 5-6 years (at least). I'll bet that Floyd would have more of an impact than any offensive tackle available at the #10 slot.

who is your LT for the Bills in 2012?

who is your LT for the Bills in 2012?

Bell if he is re-signed....if not Hairston. Draft OT depth in the latter rounds. What's so difficult to comprehend? Most folks on here think we have a gaping hole at LT....I just don't get it.

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

What scouts ? Nothing against Floyd but Blackmon is HOF material. Can you say Michael Irvin. I would like to meet any scout that thinks Michael Floyd is more talented than Blackmon. Let's not get silly here ?

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

To the bolded above, I would say that Dez Bryant has been a huge disappointment so far… and even though we've only seen some glimpses of what CJ Spiller can do I'm very glad we chose Spiller over Bryant. But I digress.

Saying that Floyd is a better prospect than Dez Bryant doesn't impress me at all.

Now if Floyd was as good as AJ Green I'd have to consider him a good pick although I don't believe AJ Green had any character concerns where Floyd certainly does.

So your first round selection is my biggest objection to your mock draft. The rest of it is pretty good.

Floyd looks like a star and says his problem party days are over, he has grown up.. He is a guy that will go get the ball and push the defender to the ground.

Vin Curry looks real average to me, at the senior bowl he looked like just a guy. The Linebackers could be sweet, it would be great if the Bills could get at least one of these guys.

7th round I'd take the flame thrower from SDSU Lindley, I've seen this guy make some incredible throws. Maybe a center thrown in the mix, just in case. Knock on wood.

Bell if he is re-signed....if not Hairston. Draft OT depth in the latter rounds. What's so difficult to comprehend? Most folks on here think we have a gaping hole at LT....I just don't get it.

Bell is not coming back.

Hairston looked ok, but he too was injuried some.

WR is a luxury pick for a team in the first round. Unless he is a Cavin Johnson.

Sorry, but remember Detroit taking Wr after Wr in the top ten, how did that work out for them??

Floyd only got on everyones radar after the combine. This alone scares me.

He was seen as maybe a first rounder before the combine...but because how he ran and jumped in his underwear, he has vaulted up the board. No thanks.

Floyd looks like a star and says his problem party days are over, he has grown up.. He is a guy that will go get the ball and push the defender to the ground.

Vin Curry looks real average to me, at the senior bowl he looked like just a guy. The Linebackers could be sweet, it would be great if the Bills could get at least one of these guys.

7th round I'd take the flame thrower from SDSU Lindley, I've seen this guy make some incredible throws. Maybe a center thrown in the mix, just in case. Knock on wood.

Great point. They should draft a center in case Wood cant't shake this injury streak.

Bell is not coming back.

Hairston looked ok, but he too was injuried some.

WR is a luxury pick for a team in the first round. Unless he is a Cavin Johnson.

Sorry, but remember Detroit taking Wr after Wr in the top ten, how did that work out for them??

Floyd only got on everyones radar after the combine. This alone scares me.

He was seen as maybe a first rounder before the combine...but because how he ran and jumped in his underwear, he has vaulted up the board. No thanks.

I've been seeing mock drafts since December that had Floyd going to the Bills at #10. He's been projected as a first round pick since his junior year, and a top 15 pick for much of his senior season. His performance at the combine merely solidified his draft standing. Essentially, with his 40 time, he proved to teams that he is much more than a "possession receiver." Guys who are 6'3' 225 and can run the 40 in 4.42 don't grow on trees my friend.

Trust me, the Bills will regret passing up on this kid. Besides, Fitz gets rid of the ball in 2.75 seconds, so why spend such a high draft pick on a tackle?

I apologize in advance for the music in this clip....sounds like a cat strangling contest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo

I've been seeing mock drafts since December that had Floyd going to the Bills at #10. He's been projected as a first round pick since his junior year, and a top 15 pick for much of his senior season. His performance at the combine merely solidified his draft standing. Essentially, with his 40 time, he proved to teams that he is much more than a "possession receiver." Guys who are 6'3' 225 and can run the 40 in 4.42 don't grow on trees my friend.

Trust me, the Bills will regret passing up on this kid. Besides, Fitz gets rid of the ball in 2.75 seconds, so why spend such a high draft pick on a tackle?

I apologize in advance for the music in this clip....sounds like a cat strangling contest.

youtube.com/watch?v=9u9htfFUDjo

The guy out combined AJ Green.

and has a great resume in Nortre Dame.

If he didn't have the DUI issues he would be a concusses Top5 pick.

This talent doesn't grow on trees.

If this pick happened. Everyone on this board would whine and moan about a pass rush but by Week 3 2013 most of the Stadium would be wearing Floyd jerseys.

He is a freak, if he can keep his drinking in check.

Almost getting kicked out of school might have opened up his eyes. Its up to Nix an GMs around the NFL to make that determination.

Talent wise, if he is there at #10, he would be hand down the Best Player Available. Wouldn't even be a close second place.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Man, on a tangent here, but I remember seeing Wilson (Wisc.) previously as high as a 4th rounder on some boards.

...then to 5th.

...6th.

Now 7th.

Which ties directly to people assuming he was 6'2' then finding out he was listed at 6'0" then measuring 5'11".

What scouts ? Nothing against Floyd but Blackmon is HOF material. Can you say Michael Irvin. I would like to meet any scout that thinks Michael Floyd is more talented than Blackmon. Let's not get silly here ?

I think you're being sarcastic but I'll bite anyway . . .

You may not have heard that Blackmon measured 6'0" at the combine.

I've been saying all along he is more Michael Crabtree than Andre Johnson.

Michael Crabtree was the most dominating college Football WR at the time. The lack of height is proving to prevent that type of dominance in the NFL.

Don't get me wrong Crabtree and Blackmon are talented but not the "uncovered when they're covered type of receiver" the BiLls and I want.