Rick Santorum: Either dumb or fanatical

John Adams

It was a complete waste of time from the start. "Faith Council?" How is that NOT completely stupid? Never mind it has no place in the White House...if you think you need it you won't listen to it anyway, and if you don't think you need it why would you bother?

As with any council Obama creates, I'd start by following the money. Who was on the council and how much did they directly or indirectly get paid to be on the council? Are they still now on the government payroll or in some other advisory role that gets paid? Do they now get free healthcare for life?

The only thing this president has that is faith-based is the faith that the church is a good place to network. Beyond that I would not be surprised to one day find out he finds Christians as stupid and useless as JA does.

Edited by LABillzFan

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As terrible as Santorum is, it's still too close to call in Michigan. The Republican party is full of crazy people

Says the guy whose party gave us Barack Obama - pretty much the lefty version of Santorum, only less qualified to actually hold the office.

How I love the hypocritical ignorance of you partisan apologists.

Santorum is gonna win. Exit polls so far have 10% of the total voters are Democrats and he has more than a 3 to 1 advantage with these voters. My guess is that Santorum wins by about 3-5%

So if Santorum wins by 4% and (a net) 5% of them are Dems, what does it mean?

I don't see how Santorum can lose if the Democrats flood the poll booths to vote for him. I guess they are allowed to vote in this primary, too :thumbsup:

That's just almost to awesome to be true! :thumbsup:

Why? What do you think will happen?

As terrible as Santorum is, it's still too close to call in Michigan. The Republican party is full of crazy people

I don't see how Santorum can lose if the Democrats flood the poll booths to vote for him. I guess they are allowed to vote in this primary, too :thumbsup: That's just almost to awesome to be true! :thumbsup:

LOL............what a buffoon.

You're contradicting yourself in the same thread...................

Crazy people is right........lol

Edited by B-Man

LOL............what a buffoon.

You're contradicting yourself in the same thread...................

Crazy people is right........lol

To be fair, I think he just found out that the Dems are so concerned about Romney, that they're going to vote in the primary and swing it towards Santorum. But as I asked, if we know that 10% of the voters were Dems, who would be voting for Barry in the election, what does it really mean if Romney loses?

I don't mind saying I can somewhat appreciate Santorum's plan to beg the Democrats to screw Romney so he can win Michigan, and it appears the hardcore Dems are eager to do just that, but I would not be surprised if it strategically backfires on Santorum long term and Romney carries out with "You see, the Dems are afraid of me running against Obama," (which they are).

Penny wise, pound foolish. We'll see. But Santorum to me has been reduced to Cindy Sheehan; too stupid to realize the left just played him like a fiddle. If I had any respect for Santorum, it's gone.

I don't mind saying I can somewhat appreciate Santorum's plan to beg the Democrats to screw Romney so he can win Michigan, and it appears the hardcore Dems are eager to do just that, but I would not be surprised if it strategically backfires on Santorum long term and Romney carries out with "You see, the Dems are afraid of me running against Obama," (which they are).

Penny wise, pound foolish. We'll see. But Santorum to me has been reduced to Cindy Sheehan; too stupid to realize the left just played him like a fiddle. If I had any respect for Santorum, it's gone.

Pretty much what I've been saying. If Santorum wins because Dems helped him, it's a pyrrhic victory and changes nothing.

Says the guy whose party gave us Barack Obama - pretty much the lefty version of Santorum, only less qualified to actually hold the office.

How I love the hypocritical ignorance of you partisan apologists.

Explain how Obama is the "lefty version of Santorum"...please.

Edited by Buftex

That goes for me as well. Santorum is finished. Newt will neuter him in the South. Santorum is far too much an ass to be President.

Mr. Obama is as politically far to the left as Santorum is the right. Both are pretty much nuts when it comes to their ideals and have pretty much no chance when facing reality.

True that. They're both primarily pontificators that want to campaign rather than rule. And what vision they have of ruling is pretty damned frightening.

I just don't see that. I think Obama is far more in the middle on many isses than many (particularly here) are willing to recognize. His personal beliefs may be more to the left, but he has been far more willing to negotiate, and compromise, than his detractors seem to want to believe. Sometimes, honestly, I hear some of the criticisms of him (and there are legit criticisms of him) and I wonder who the hell they are talking about. Much like the "Bush Bad" sentiment that is mocked so much here, the right seems to want to attribute things to Obama that just don't hold water.

Too many of his 'compromises' seem to be of the sort like he made on the 'Catholic institutions must pay for abortifacients' deal. His initial position was that Catholic institutions must pay for their employees to get abortifacients. When that was derided, his position morphed to the insurers of Catholic institutions must pay for those employees to get abortifacients. Now, unless the insurance companies are going to go bankrupt, those costs will get passed back to the Catholic institutions and the end result is the exact same as what he started out with. When the end result is the exact same as what the initial result was, there wasn't much compromise now was there?

He starts out in left field (or more accurately, outside the stadium towards the left field side) and then moves about 2 ft towards center, if at all, but he's still in left field.

Too many of his 'compromises' seem to be of the sort like he made on the 'Catholic institutions must pay for abortifacients' deal. His initial position was that Catholic institutions must pay for their employees to get abortifacients. When that was derided, his position morphed to the insurers of Catholic institutions must pay for those employees to get abortifacients. Now, unless the insurance companies are going to go bankrupt, those costs will get passed back to the Catholic institutions and the end result is the exact same as what he started out with. When the end result is the exact same as what the initial result was, there wasn't much compromise now was there?

He starts out in left field (or more accurately, outside the stadium towards the left field side) and then moves about 2 ft towards center, if at all, but he's still in left field.

:lol: