Chris Brown SPECULATES Bills in play for V Jackson

FluffHead

Don't forget about Marques Colston. He would look great opposite Stevie in this offense: big, physical WR with sure hands who has been highly productive. I think NO will have a tough time re-signing him with Brees due for a new deal any time now. They also have their all-pro guard Nicks up for a new deal

I also think Colston would be a little bit cheaper then VJax without the baggage. It hasn't exactly been smooth sailing in SD during Jackson's time there. Colston is a former 7th round pick, similar to Stevie, who has busted his ass to become a successful starting NFL WR. He has a great set of hands on him and can go up & over any CB in the league for a ball. Exactly what Nix was talking about when he said they need a WR that "is open even when they're covered"

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just can't see the Bills signing two "name" FA WRs. If they re-up SJ I don't see how it's feasible to sign another. If SJ walks then I gotta think that Jackson fits the mold for what they want at the position.

GO BILLS!!!

Bowe would be an absolutely awesome pickup; I'd prefer him over VJ any day.

If they don't re-sign SJ, he's the most logical choice given his (brief) history with Gailey and that he played in a city/market/climate more similar to Buffalo.

Even if stevie stays we need two guys. If Easley can play we get one of the big fast Nix type, if he cant play we will need another man in the slot. Parrish is likely gone and i am just not sure about Jones or Nelson and thats reason enough to try to upgrade. Haggan and Roosevelt and Aiken are maybes.

I do hope we can use Chandler more to help the pass game this year but he is a free agent this year too isnt he?

I was a big supporter of bringing in VJ until I found out he was a STONE ALCOHOLIC. -Guy has Multiple DUI's in the San Diego area. -Nothing against drunks. I spent the better part of my twenties bombed out of my gourd. At some point though, you have to grow up. -Especially if you call yourself a professional. IMO VJ has yet to separate himself from all that drama. Until he does, I'm not sure WNY is the best spot for him to land.

There are going to be many FA WRs with size, speed and talent that could be available if they don't resign prior to FA.

Bowe

Jackson

Lloyd

Williams

Edwards

of course we'd all want Bowe or Jackson but Lloyd isn't far behind and even Edwards and Williams could be what were looking for. I'd be ok with either of them. I'd get in board with Williams. He's better than what we've had since Evans was our #2 behind T.O.

How about we just sign our own Free Agent WR - Stevie Johnson, a lot of people think he's pretty good.

I was a big supporter of bringing in VJ until I found out he was a STONE ALCOHOLIC. -Guy has Multiple DUI's in the San Diego area. -Nothing against drunks. I spent the better part of my twenties bombed out of my gourd. At some point though, you have to grow up. -Especially if you call yourself a professional. IMO VJ has yet to separate himself from all that drama. Until he does, I'm not sure WNY is the best spot for him to land.

Cue the Bruce Smith has X amount of DWIs and is in the HoF crowd in 3...2...

Chris Brown speculates that the Bills will be interested in signing Vincent Jackson, but will not be in play for Mario Williams should either of them hit the open market in March.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=227167&spln=1

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3636&line=227149&spln=1

Either one of those guys would be huge upgrades. Buddy basically speaks his mind about the draft if you just listen to him. In a strange way he is the most deceptive because instead of spreading misinformation he basically tells you what he is going to do and nobody believes him.

I would **** myself if we got V. Jackson. It would be the first time we would have 2 good WR on the team at the same time with a QB that has some balls to get rid of it. TO, Evans and SJ before he broke out was such a waste with Trent Deadwards at the helm. It could also explain the delay with getting a deal done for SJ as they are probably trying to figure out their WR budget.

GO BILLS!!

Edited by PDaDdy

Twenty two teams have better WR's than we do. We need a 1A and 1B. Lloyd is a good choice, but, like Stevie, he's not a blocker. Meachem and Colston would be the best choice for a downfield blocker IMHO. Colston has the best %-caught numbers in FA.

But SJ is a true #1 that made Lee Evans expendable!!!!

I'd take MW over VJ any day of the week. I realize he'll run the Bills about $6Million a year more than VJax, but it's worth it. Elite pass rushers are harder to find than receivers.

I would rather take VJ and draft heavy on pass rushers. It is easier to develop a pass rusher in this game and much harder to develop a reciever. I would rather throw VJ in the mix at WR and draft some college guy and say get after him, the QB i am saying.

Cue the Bruce Smith has X amount of DWIs and is in the HoF crowd in 3...2...

Point taken. Still doesn't mean we have to be a destination, for alkies trying to get better contracts.

All that aside, we don't have the kind of QB that a deep-threat like Jackson can thrive on.

I'm not a Phil Rivers fan, but he sure can throw the deep ball when he wants to.

Chris Brown speculates that the Bills will be interested in signing Vincent Jackson, but will not be in play for Mario Williams should either of them hit the open market in March.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3202&line=227167&spln=1

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3636&line=227149&spln=1

:thumbsup::thumbdown:

don't recall Williams ever having an NFL pulse...his career has been in cardiac arrest more often than not (other than 2006)

He actually played pretty well in 2006 and 2007...he just got injured in 2007.

That being said, I will be bummed if the Bills sign Roy Williams. He has talent, to be sure, but is way too erratic, and, off the field, is pretty much a bone-head. He had a QB in Cutler, last season, who had the arm to get him the ball, and had a disappointing season.

Of all the guys mentioned, I would love to see the Bills go after Bowe.

I think WR, of all positions, is the one where success on one team, in one offensive scheme, is less likely to automatically translate to similar success with another.

Edited by Buftex

I'm afraid to admit it to myself but the big name is going to be "Roy William's" and half the Bills nation will accept it as the "best we could have done", and the other half will hate it and will question his play every game next season. :)

Me, well, I'd be somewhere in the middle. Williams does have talent, although admittedly no coach has yet been able to unleash it, but there is that outside chance that Williams can break out? If he could somehow find a home in Buffalo I suppose it's not that much of a leap that he does fit what Nix and Gailey are looking for. That is a verticle threat with speed.. Of course, Williams doesn't exactly scare the bejesus out of opposing DB's of late, but there is that "chance".. Would Williams be worth a 2 - 3 million gamble?

Tim-

2-3 million is not a gamblein the NFL. It is table stakes, heck the league minimum isn't much lower than that

Don't forget about Marques Colston. He would look great opposite Stevie in this offense: big, physical WR with sure hands who has been highly productive. I think NO will have a tough time re-signing him with Brees due for a new deal any time now. They also have their all-pro guard Nicks up for a new deal

I also think Colston would be a little bit cheaper then VJax without the baggage. It hasn't exactly been smooth sailing in SD during Jackson's time there. Colston is a former 7th round pick, similar to Stevie, who has busted his ass to become a successful starting NFL WR. He has a great set of hands on him and can go up & over any CB in the league for a ball. Exactly what Nix was talking about when he said they need a WR that "is open even when they're covered"

I'm with you on Colston. I think he's the best of the bunch that's out there. Ironically, if the Bills were in the market for two receivers, I'd try to sign his teammate Meachem too. Given Gailey's love of the spread offense, he'd get plenty of work.

I'm with you on Colston. I think he's the best of the bunch that's out there. Ironically, if the Bills were in the market for two receivers, I'd try to sign his teammate Meachem too. Given Gailey's love of the spread offense, he'd get plenty of work.

Colston would be great, but, for some reason, I just can't see New Orleans letting him slip away...Meahem possibly. RM has been "briliant" at times, but inconsistant over his career...good friend of mine is a huge Saints fan...every Sunday evening when I would talk to him, he would have some gripe about Meachem...but we also know he can be terrific at times.