Pats fans not buying SB tickets

Cheapest tickets on stubhub currently are $2500. That may just have a little to do with it, not to mention the game is in Indianapolis. Cold weather cities are always a big plus when deciding if you want to attend a SB. :doh:

The most expensive is $617,663.00 ! Wow that is expensive. I wonder does it come with a happy ending at that price?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills win a Super Bowl in my lifetime I will be there. I don't care if I have to sell a Kidney, I will be there. Its better I lose the kidney before I get there anyways as I'm probably going to ruin my liver and kidneys while I'm there anyway.

Money comes and goes but the Bills winning a Super Bowl may only be a once in a lifetime event, amd maybe not even once.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Makes me wonder how many average Joe season ticket holders actually go to the Superbowl as opposed to wealthy fair weather fans there mainly for the party.

The $2500 price is on Stubhub...which is a reseller. Face Value for tickets start at $1k. Now i know that is not cheap....but a season ticket holder would spring for that, right?

The cost is incredible. I went to the Bills first 3 SBs and the most I paid for a ticket was $150.00. Not sure I could go if they ever make it again.

That can't be. A previous post in this thread said that SB tickets have always been expensive. :rolleyes:

Not stopping Giants fans, though.

PTR

If the price isn't stopping Giants fans, how come there are so many tickets available? :blink:

The $2500 price is on Stubhub...which is a reseller. Face Value for tickets start at $1k. Now i know that is not cheap....but a season ticket holder would spring for that, right?

$1000 for the ticket (assuming you can get them at face), air fare, hotel (not cheap during the SB I'm sure) for some number of days plus normal expenses like food (and beer ;) ). Times two if you are bringing a wife/date/kid. I'm sure some would do it. Just wonder how many could afford it.

$1000 for the ticket (assuming you can get them at face), air fare, hotel (not cheap during the SB I'm sure) for some number of days plus normal expenses like food (and beer ;) ). Times two if you are bringing a wife/date/kid. I'm sure some would do it. Just wonder how many could afford it.

Downtown new Orleans hotels for next year are STARTING at about 400 a night with 4 night minimums. that's about 2k when all is said and done.

Further, the face value tix are available to season ticket holders via raffle. I think it was less then 1 in 10 got a shot at them in 2009. The 2500 on stubhub is nosebleed - so for a couple your looking at 5k seats if you dont win the lotto, 2k hotel, prob another 2k air, plus any food drinks etc all weekend

Last, playoffs were paid for the week before Xmas another grand for my pair of seats, holidays cost a fortune, and next seasons first payment (50% for me atleast) is about 3 weeks out- as I normally catch that bill a week or two after the superbowl- another couple grand

It's a lot of money at a time of year that isn't easy for many. Especially a season ticket holder. Your average pats ticket holder with a pair of decent seats would be looking at 10k+ in football expenses in about 6-8 weeks if they were lucky enough to win the opportunity for face value... Possibly close to 20k without that luck.

Doesn't make me want to fly to Indy!

Edited by NoSaint

That can't be. A previous post in this thread said that SB tickets have always been expensive. :rolleyes:

If the price isn't stopping Giants fans, how come there are so many tickets available? :blink:

I paid $175 each for two tickets to the last Bills Super Bowl in Atlanta through the lottery system for season ticket holders. I was offered $1500 each by a Cowboys fan but didn't even think about it, I really thought we had a pretty decent chance in that one.

And Boston is a cheap place to live??? Sorry, that excuse doesn't hold water. Super Bowl tickets have always been expensive. The Pats are probably the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen. But their fans can't be bothered to see them play in the Super Bowl? Weak.

PTR

Well said. The real reason is that there are no "real" Pats fans. Where were all the so-called Pat's fans in the early 90's when they stunk? Nowhere. Boston likes the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Bruins, and college hockey before the Pat's. Pats fans are mostly Boston bandwagen fans (hey, wicked sweet, who knew we had a football team. what, i'm not paying 2500 to see a football team. that's too expensive a wagon to get on when i got to renew my red sooooox tix).

Edited by RyanC883

Okay, we've established that no one actually goes to the Super Bowl because it's too expensive.

PTR

That is obviously a huge factor, but I think there might be a little something to the burnout factor as well. Remember, the Bills didn't sell out their wild-card playoff game, after the 1992 season. I hate all the Boston area teams, except the Celtics. But imagine, being a Boston area sports fan, like you are a Buffalo fan. Boston, I believe, has had an unprecedented 10 year stretch of pro sports success. Since 2001, look at the championship records of the 4 Boston/New England teams:

2002- Patriots win Super Bowl

2004- Patriots win Super Bowl,

Red Sox win World Series

2005- Patriots win Super Bowl

2007- Red Sox win World Series

2008- Celtics win NBA title,

Patriots lose Super Bowl

2010- Celtics lose in NBA finals

2011- Bruins win Stanley Cup

2012- Patriots in Super Bowl

That is 7 out of 9 championship possibilities... a lot of time, and money commitment. As fleeting as success has been for our Bills, I would probably pay $2500 for a Super Bowl ticket, as much as I would hate having to. If I am a Boston fan, the novelty may not be so great.

Edited by Buftex

Super Bowls are probably one and done bucket list type events. Most Pats fans who want to do that have already done it, got the T shirt, drank the beer, hit the pool and came home. Can't even hit the pool this year. SB in Indianapolis? Can the Ralph be far behind? Yikes. What a bore. Indianapolis?

Well said. The real reason is that there are no "real" Pats fans. Where were all the so-called Pat's fans in the early 90's when they stunk? Nowhere. Boston likes the Red Sox, the Celtics, the Bruins, and college hockey before the Pat's. Pats fans are mostly Boston bandwagen fans (hey, wicked sweet, who knew we had a football team. what, i'm not paying 2500 to see a football team. that's too expensive a wagon to get on when i got to renew my red sooooox tix).

The pats have sold out 18 consecutive years--before the start of each season. It began when Kraft bought the team and continued through 6-10, 8-8 and 5-11 seasons in the 90's.

Have you send the prices! Costco.com has 3 packages for sale and it does not include airfare. The top package is 2 seats and a 4 day stay at the comfort suites for 15999, the next is different seats but is 9999. The cheapest is 1 seat same hotel and that is 5999.00. This is without airfare. If you have been to Indy recently you can see why there is a slowing of seat sales. There is nothing to do there, except visit the race track. If I am spending that kind of money I want to go someplace warm and have fun things to do, not sit around the comfort suites.