Pats fans not buying SB tickets

Im impressed with Indy. It used to be a little midwestern city, nothing extraordinary. Nowadays they seem bigtime. They had Manning, a SB victory, fantastic new stadium that draws every big time event. Buffalo should be so fortunate. We're not in that league.

Also Atlanta is a world class city in every way. Not sure what more you can ask of a city?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo could learn a lesson or two, especially if we are going to bid for an NHL All Star game. When you have lack attractions, create some for the event you are hosting. That zip line is really cool. Put on free concerts, etc. Instead Buffalo hosts an event like the NCAA Frozen Four and leaves the space around the arena a vast empty wasteland, expecting tourists to figure out where anything fun is on their own.

PTR

It's a Boston TV station's webpage with the headline "New Englanders Not Buying Super Bowl Tickets." :blink: What "claim" am I making???

PTR

By linking to that site, you are claiming exactly what is in your thread title. But that link says nothing about who is buying all tickets, just subhub.

What if stub hub only represented 20% of all available tickets, and pats fans already bought or possess 50 or 60% of the rest of the tickets available? Would you claim that they "aren't buying SB tickets"? I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm (and others have) pointing out.

By linking to that site, you are claiming exactly what is in your thread title.

He is not "claiming" anything, just using the article headline as the topic title. Something a lot of us here have done. Now stop this crusade or it will be stopped for you.

And Boston is a cheap place to live??? Sorry, that excuse doesn't hold water. Super Bowl tickets have always been expensive. The Pats are probably the greatest dynasty the NFL has ever seen. But their fans can't be bothered to see them play in the Super Bowl? Weak.

PTR

Jack, not to step on toes, but perhaps you and PTR have both missed his series of posts to kick off the thread, such as this one. It seems like more than an empty just FYI check out this article, and in fact making a claim. Though the arguments from both parties are getting nowhere on the weo v ptr debate and it's probably best to be done.

Edited by NoSaint

Jack, not to step on toes, but perhaps you and PTR have both missed his series of posts to kick off the thread, such as this one. It seems like more than an empty just FYI check out this article, and in fact making a claim. Though the arguments from both parties are getting nowhere on the weo v ptr debate and it's probably best to be done.

The post you cited is an opinion. Are opinions now forbidden, or just mine? As for the link that started this flame war, it was a Boston station's headline. If WEO has an issue with it take it up with WFXT.

By linking to that site, you are claiming exactly what is in your thread title. But that link says nothing about who is buying all tickets, just subhub.

What if stub hub only represented 20% of all available tickets, and pats fans already bought or possess 50 or 60% of the rest of the tickets available? Would you claim that they "aren't buying SB tickets"? I'm pretty sure you understand what I'm (and others have) pointing out.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The post you cited is an opinion. Are opinions now forbidden, or just mine? As for the link that started this flame war, it was a Boston station's headline. If WEO has an issue with it take it up with WFXT.

PTR

I guess I dont totally get it. You post an article to support an opinion, then disconnect yourself from the article saying you have no claims being made.... I must've missed something along the way and there's no way I'm rereading this thread!

What's been interesting is watching prices fall on Stubhub. Asking prices for nosebleeds the week after the conference championships were starting at $2,500. Now those same prices just went below $1,400 and have been dropping since this morning. it definitely moved the possibility of going to the Super Bowl from "no f'ing way" to "eh, maybe throw it on the credit card and pay it off over a few months," especially if it were a chance to see the Bills. :)

Im impressed with Indy. It used to be a little midwestern city, nothing extraordinary. Nowadays they seem bigtime. They had Manning, a SB victory, fantastic new stadium that draws every big time event. Buffalo should be so fortunate. We're not in that league.

Also Atlanta is a world class city in every way. Not sure what more you can ask of a city?

I wouldn't say Indy is big time but it's far from the outdated reputation of Nap Town/India-no-place. Most important, and I'm fortunate enough to know this first hand, the people know how to put on a major sporting event. They can thank the thousands of volunteers that pay attention to every detail. We know this isn't South Beach or New Orleans. We know we don't have San Diego's weather. But that doesn't mean you can't stage something special. Maybe next time (hoping here) Indy is awarded a Super Bowl, we'll have our typical February weather (20s and some wind and snow). But I guarantee things we'll go incredibly well because of the local organizers and volunteers.

When the Bills were going to Superbowl XXV, I went out and spent $700 on a 27"

Trinitron and saw the game in O.J.'s bar on Transit Road.

I missed out on the season ticket holder ticket lottery, so I said 'F the NFL'.

$2500.00 face for a friggin' football ticket is just pure insanity.

$2500 isn't the face value...........OJ had a bar on Transit?

Yeah, $2,500 was the minimum asking price for cheap seats on Stubhub right after the conference championships. Those prices kept sliding and sliding until the day of the game when they settled in at around $1,000. I was just a kid during the early 90s. But would I drop a grand now to see Buffalo in the SB? Hell yeah I would.