If Bills Beat Giants No Super Bowl

Mango

Bills lose to the Giants with a late field goal to lose by 3 in NJ. If Buffalo wins that game. Cowboys make the playoffs. Just something funny to think about

Not thaaaat funny to think about. It assumes everything plays out the same. Maybe we keep our momentum and beat Dallas, maybe the giants rebound and win a few.... There's a lot of variables and you never knew what kind of ripples go off from an isolated change like that.

Bills lose to the Giants with a late field goal to lose by 3 in NJ. If Buffalo wins that game. Cowboys make the playoffs. Just something funny to think about

If Norwood makes the FG the Bills win the SuperBowl. Love that word "if".

But they didn't beat the Giants so we can move on from this topic.

It's something to take out of the season though. The Giants game at worse should have gone to OT but Fitz forced a throw. Additionally, the Bills beat the PAts and led them 21-0 before falling apart.

Nearly beating 2 SB teams IMO should signal some sort of progress, no?

It's something to take out of the season though. The Giants game at worse should have gone to OT but Fitz forced a throw. Additionally, the Bills beat the PAts and led them 21-0 before falling apart.

Not really sure about a sign of progress based on how they ended the season. However that and the strong start to the season are the things they could use to build some optimism going into camp for next season. Hopefully paired with some strong FA signings and a promising draft. Hope springs eternal for the Buffalo Bills :)

Not really sure about a sign of progress based on how they ended the season. However that and the strong start to the season are the things they could use to build some optimism going into camp for next season. Hopefully paired with some strong FA signings and a promising draft. Hope springs eternal for the Buffalo Bills :)

Agreed but you have to look big picture. We get another draft class, some FAs, and add Wood, Jackson, Williams, possibly Merriman to a 6-10 team. That's not too bad.

I recall them having to beat us to make the playoffs when they won the superbowl in 07 as well. While the game wasn't as close as it was this year. we did start out with a 14-0 lead and as I recall we lost our momentum after a roughing the kicker penalty committed by the great Donte Whitner.

Kinda like taking the steelers and ravens to OT last year.... Not a great measure.

Not thaaaat funny to think about. It assumes everything plays out the same. Maybe we keep our momentum and beat Dallas, maybe the giants rebound and win a few.... There's a lot of variables and you never knew what kind of ripples go off from an isolated change like that.

I doubt any mental hangover from the Giants loss 4 weeks ago accounted for 33pts in the Dallas game. <_<

But ya not a real worthwhile thread. The Cowboys could've held on to a 12pt lead at home with 5min's left.

Not really a statement about either team just a comment. I understand a w is a w. doesn't have to be pretty win by an inch might as well be a mile. Just looking back at the season. 1 reg season loss from even having the opportunity.

I'm not claiming the bills to be a sb team

Not really a statement about either team just a comment. I understand a w is a w. doesn't have to be pretty win by an inch might as well be a mile. Just looking back at the season. 1 reg season loss from even having the opportunity.

I'm not claiming the bills to be a sb team

Yet ironic the Bills beat the Pats and really were in control of the Giants' game. They can thank Buffalo. I guess in the end I would rather they be the NFC rep as I can not stand to see another Pats' SB and the 49ers would have gotten killed by the Pats I think. Giants match up a lot better as they have a big advantage over the Pats defense and have a good defense. Go Giants.....again have the Bills to thank for screwing things up for them to win another SB!!

I doubt any mental hangover from the Giants loss 4 weeks ago accounted for 33pts in the Dallas game. <_<

But ya not a real worthwhile thread. The Cowboys could've held on to a 12pt lead at home with 5min's left.

My point was to the fact that things don't happen in a vacuum. Maybe we string some wins, maybe a team preps differently etc.... Wasn't trying to set up causation as much as the impossibility pulling one midseason game like that. Maybe if fitz makes those throws to Stevie, a play is called differently later and wood or Fred stay healthy- you just cant swap that game and assume both teams seasons stay the course identically.

Hey check this out ....

If norwood makes the kick....

If Bennett runs back the blocked field goal ....

If Kelly didn't get knocked out of game ....

If Thurman hadn't fumbled a 2nd time ....

Bills could have won 4 straight super bowls.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Yes, we progressed from the 4th worst team to the 10th worst.

Show me the baby!

It's definitely a unique perspective, and something to think about. -Shows how close we we'd be if we had a real QB at the helm. Two critical INT's, and two BADLY underthrown balls to an open wide reciever steps from the end-zone.

AND WE STILL ONLY LOST BY 3!

Thanks Fitz! I'm convinced that this loss helped deplete our team morale. This game was definitely the beginning of the end of our season.

Edited by #34fan