The Official Mitt Romney thread

They'll come out, but they won't come out like last time. Yes, things can definitely change and the more you hear Michelle Obama crying that she's being portrayed as "an angry black woman," the higher the chances they'll come to her rescue. So you could be more right than me at the end.

But the last I looked, black unemployment is embarrassingly high for Obama. They're not as happy with him as one might think. Peggy ain't having her mortgage paid for with Obama money, and Oprah ain't giving him a party and even Colin Powell is off the train.

Colin Powell is off the train? Do you have a link for something that supports that? I´d be interested in reading that.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colin Powell is off the train? Do you have a link for something that supports that? I´d be interested in reading that.

I thought I read this about four or five months ago, but it's dated 9/10.

I would not be surprised to see Powell shutting his piehole about endorsements this year. I'm fairly certain that the smart people like Powell believed what Obama said on trail and never, ever expected him to be just another Chicago thug.

Under growing pressure from rival Republicans to release his tax returns, Mitt Romney said on Tuesday that he paid a tax rate approaching 15 percent on his millions of dollars in annual income but said he would not make public his full return until April.

His effective tax rate was “probably closer to the 15 percent rate than anything,” Mr. Romney said at a campaign stop in South Carolina, noting that most of his considerable income over the last decade has come from investments rather than from earned income like salary. He also characterized as “not very much” the $374,327 he reported earning in speaking fees last year, though that sum would, by itself, very nearly catapult most American families into the top 1 percent of the country’s earners.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/18/us/politics/facing-pointed-attacks-romney-urges-focus-on-obama.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

Just a regular guy!

When has Romney ever claimed to be a regular guy? In fact, when has any management consultant ever claimed to be just a regular guy? :lol: I've never met one. It would be stupid to claim that, largely because it isn't true. Boston Consulting Group didn't hire and train "regular guys", and neither do any of the other major firms. When you see the IBM commercials....are they advertising their billable people as "regular?

Hint: the whole point of the existence is...that you aren't a regular guy. Otherwise, why would anyone every hire you? They already have regular guys that work for them. They need the not-regular guys to come in and fix things, teach new concepts and implement them, etc., because the regular guys have no clue, or, at the higher levels, don't want to risk their jobs on something they might not be able to get done.

If real consultants were "regular", we'd be just as dumb as you are. We're not.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

What's that?? Someone with a lot of investment income paid taxes at at the statutory rate for investment income??? Shocking!!

:doh:

Investors, speculators, moneychangers .... baad.

Now I'm not going to come in here and try to say that Romney started from Square One, but to act like it was all given to him is asinine.

He applied himself in school and graduated summa cum laude and worked as an analyst at Bain for 10+ years before he was put in charge of Bain Capital and helped build companies like Staples, Domino's, Sports Authority, etc. through capital investment. There are people in similar shoes that earn 8 figures in speaking fees for not many more engagements.

Now there are people who want to poo on his success. :censored: you. He earned it.

Since he entered public life, Romney took a $1 salary as governor in Mass. He wrote a book whose entire profits went to health care charities. His finances have been held in a blind trust. Again, this is not a means to portray him as something he's not, but he didn't enter public life and politics to get wealthy.

Romney pays more taxes in a year than most people ever will in the course of their whole lifetimes. And I'm sure he pays the full rate determined by the IRS according to his income. What the hell is your problem with speaking fees anyway? Jealous because that spending is coming privately rather than the U.S. Govt picking up a tab? Conferences like that generate money in local economies when Democrats do it as well as Republicans. Why don't you poo-poo the millions Al Sarpton makes from being on the board of Pepsi, etc.? Get off it.

Why does it feel like you want an apology from him because he earned a lot of money? Read the title of that book, Dave in Nor-!@#$. I know you've become accustomed to a certain level of presidential mea culpas in the past three years. But if you're expecting Romney to be sorry for his success, you'll be getting NO APOLOGIES.

I'd normally say 'Go to Cuba' but even there, the level of Communism you espouse has dropped off. Looks like you may have to go to either North Korea or build a time travel machine to go back to Mother Russia, you !@#$.

Are you considering running for president?

!@#$, no. :lol: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man gets the living **** beat out of him for being an arrogant know-it-all. I don't understand why anyone in their right mind would want to be president, and I'm not even in my right mind.

Just think of his standard stump speech. It would start out like this: Thank you for inviting me, you idiots and !@#$ing morons.....................

The debates would be a hoot.

"What's your position on tax reform?"

"Well, when the Soviet Union destroyed the Japanese Army at Nomohan..."

"Sir, what does that have to do with the question?"

"It's not my fault you asked the wrong question, you !@#$ing pinhead."