The Official Mitt Romney thread

Will they actually show themselves to be complete tools they are and vote for Big Government Mitt the long time politicians? He does have an ® by his name so I guess that's all that matters. Forget that he is the very definition of an elitist, supported Man Made Global Warming theory, signed a law that mandated health care insurance and is hardly a serious pro-life candidate at all.

But the Tea Baggers will be there for him. Count on it

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will they actually show themselves to be complete tools they are and vote for Big Government Mitt the long time politicians? He does have an ® by his name so I guess that's all that matters. Forget that he is the very definition of an elitist, supported Man Made Global Warming theory, signed a law that mandated health care insurance and is hardly a serious pro-life candidate at all.

Do you have any idea why?

What other choice will there be?

The more I hear from Willard, the more I'm confident that Obama is assured of a second term. By the time the Republicans are done exposing him as the poster child of corporate greed at the expense of middle class workers, it will be easy for Obama to deliver the knockout punch. It won't matter if he picks Rubio, Palin, or Christie for his VP, by the time the general election campaign begins, he'll be defined. And wait until there's more of a call for him to release his tax records. You can't go on offense when you're on defense. Just look at all the posts here trying to defend him. And this doesn't even take into consideration how Obama's commander-in-chief record on Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Bin Laden and al Queda's leadership compares to Romney.

The more I hear from Willard, the more I'm confident that Obama is assured of a second term. By the time the Republicans are done exposing him as the poster child of corporate greed at the expense of middle class workers, it will be easy for Obama to deliver the knockout punch. It won't matter if he picks Rubio, Palin, or Christie for his VP, by the time the general election campaign begins, he'll be defined. And wait until there's more of a call for him to release his tax records. You can't go on offense when you're on defense. Just look at all the posts here trying to defend him. And this doesn't even take into consideration how Obama's commander-in-chief record on Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, and Bin Laden and al Queda's leadership compares to Romney.

Dante, you were asking what sort of people fall for this line of crap? Here you go, Pasta Joe, king of the lemmings.

Ron Paul Defends Romney, Lashes Out at His Critics

In an exclusive interview outside a Manchester polling place, Ron Paul lashed out at fellow Republicans for making unfair and ignorant attacks on Mitt Romney's business record.

"I think they're wrong. I think they're totally misunderstanding the way the market works," Paul told me. "They are either just demagoguing or they don't have the vaguest idea how the market works."

Well, at least one of the other candidates has some idea of what capitalism and competition are....

Edited by UConn James

Ron Paul Defends Romney, Lashes Out at His Critics

Well, at least one of the other candidates has some idea of what capitalism is.

Ron Paul will select Mitt as his VP when he's the president.

How did he screw over the middle class?

Edited by meazza

Dante, you were asking what sort of people fall for this line of crap? Here you go, Pasta Joe, king of the lemmings.

But, PastaJoe was right about Hillary.

Now, was that by default or design? That's a question that's worthy of thought, for the humor applications alone.

The Tea Party definitely don´t like Mitt, but they hate Obama more than they dislike Mitt and that trumps everything.

But the question is: Will the christian right get out and vote for him on election day or will they just stay home? I think in the end that's what is going to make he election.

But the question is: Will the christian right get out and vote for him on election day or will they just stay home? I think in the end that's what is going to make he election.

Then you really don't know WTF you are talking about. What a shocker. <_<

The key places in the country are the suburbs of major cities in swing states, like Bucks county in Pennsylvania, Northern Virginia suburbs, etc. Now, just like everywhere in the country, except San Fran, you are sure to find the Christian right represented in these suburbs, but not in the #s that are significant enough to determine the outcome of the election.

You will find neither the far-left or the far-right in great numbers in these areas. Rather this is Independent land.

So, much depends on where these independents end up. Right now, the last poll I saw says it doesn't look good for Obama. In fact, it's even possible that he loses all of these suburbs, which means it's possible he loses ALL of the swing states. But, keep in mind we are nowhere near knowing what is going to happen in these key areas yet.

So, no, this doesn't hinge on the Christian right showing up, any more than it hinges on the union voters showing up.

EDIT: This is why Obama moving to "shore up his base" in the middle of the Republican debate, makes no sense at all. He has taken away all his ability to counter the Republican attacks or marginalized them in the minds of independents. Instead, he's out talking to people who are going to vote for him regardless? :wacko:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

If the exit polls coming out of New Hampshire is a harbinger of things to come, then it bodes really well for Romney, considering that out of all the evangelicals, he won that group, even more so than Gingrich and Santorum.

But when they see the Obama machine and surrogates come out with all their hollow attacks that fool all the suckers such as Lybob, PastaJoe, David N. etc, this will anger those evangelicals so much that they will go out to vote not so much because they like Romney, but because they hate everything Obama and the libs stand for.

All Romney needs is a solid VP choice and he has this race locked up.

Will the liberals line up for the Republican candidate becuase Obama turned out to be so much less like them than they thought?

You should try 'thinking' every now and again. Its pretty cool.

Edited by RkFast

I am sensing fear from Dave. He must be scared that Jimmy Carter 2.0 could end up being a one term President.

That's what it sounds like: desperation. Kind of like Barry's lawyers saying that the SCOTUS should delay their ruling on Obamacare because the "tax" penalty won't affect anyone until 2014, and by then so much will be in place that they won't rule against it.

Edited by Doc

Will the liberals line up for the Republican candidate becuase Obama turned out to be so much less like them than they thought?

You should try 'thinking' every now and again. Its pretty cool.

When the GOP candidates start talking about increasing profits for drug companies by streamlining the FDA approval process, giving out tax holidays to corporations that shift workforces overseas, and wants to 'streamline' approval of all energy projects regardless of environmental impact, there is no WAY I could vote for a Republican candidate. This isn't stimulating the economy to help the lower and middle class, but to help the upper class at our expense, as usual. 'Stimulating the economy' and 'Job creation' means subjugating us, and so now those of us like me who are disgusted with Obama will be forced to vote for him.

ONE TIME I would like to hear them answer up for a law banning lobbying in Congress... just ONCE. The tumor of corporate lobbying has grown so much that the disease has ravaged our government, regardless of party. Someday it will end...