DONT BE SHOCKED IF WE SIGN...

watching espn and mort who is most reliable source if nfl along with shefter just reported dolphins were close to hiring lee as OC or possible head coach and he has stated publicably that he has worked alot with quinn and hes him as a potential viable starter in right setting... we just signed him as our QB coach and i could easily see us bringing quinn in to be number 2 to start off but him knowing if fitz is awful and gets hurt hes one play from playing and not going to a team with a legit starter and could win job... he wont be expensive and could easily see us doing this this...

again, not saying this cuz i want/ think we should... just saying this may be reality cuz we clearly are not getting a 1st round QB and dont think front office likes any of 2nd tier guys enough to waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick in.. i agree with that, with jones and barkley going back to school id rather let all "prospect" go in 2nd and 3rd and take a flyer on a late QB like a keenum an worry about just D and oline in draft .

The Bills need a back up that has a shot a developping into a legit starter. Quinn hasn't shown it thus far but I am not sure he has had the chance. Mangini hated him from the get go and Tebow passed him. It is interesting that Quinn was the number 2 coming out of camp but the Broncos thought the season was over and decided to throw Tebow to the wolves. Tebow won and Quinn never got a chance to show if he has progressed. He looked like all of his confindence was erased during his time in Cleveland and I am not sure he has it back.

If the Bills are going to sign ND QBs, I think Clausen might be the better option. Newton is entrenched and Clausen would have a higher ceiing than Quinn. He was thrown into a very bad situation in Carolina and seeing how he progressed from his freshman year to the end at ND I wouldn't be surprised to see him succeed at the NFL level. The Bills could offer a 5-6th for his services. If they were going to draft a development QB in those rounds of the upcoming draft, might as well use that pick for a guy who has at least been in the NFL for a couple of seasons.

watching espn and mort who is most reliable source if nfl along with shefter just reported dolphins were close to hiring lee as OC or possible head coach and he has stated publicably that he has worked alot with quinn and hes him as a potential viable starter in right setting... we just signed him as our QB coach and i could easily see us bringing quinn in to be number 2 to start off but him knowing if fitz is awful and gets hurt hes one play from playing and not going to a team with a legit starter and could win job... he wont be expensive and could easily see us doing this this...

again, not saying this cuz i want/ think we should... just saying this may be reality cuz we clearly are not getting a 1st round QB and dont think front office likes any of 2nd tier guys enough to waste a 2nd or 3rd round pick in.. i agree with that, with jones and barkley going back to school id rather let all "prospect" go in 2nd and 3rd and take a flyer on a late QB like a keenum an worry about just D and oline in draft .

Thanks Cuz.

After watching Tebow last night, it looks to me like Denver needs Quinn much more than we do and will not let him go.

im not saying this is WHAT i want , im saying it strictly on facts about lee. he has taken over for cortez and was VERY likely to bring quinn to miami... their situation is similar to ours QB wise.. moore looked great down stretch but is he really a long term option if u cant get rg3 or luck which they wont.. if FO is not high on QB prospects which im hoping they arent, he may be best possible otpion via free agency cuz has starter skill set but never lived up to hype.. complete opposite of fitz.. who has zero talent just makes good decsions but just cant put ball where it needs to be consistently and makes some routine throws look too tough.. like it or not, this is gonna be a strong possibility cuz of Lee's love of quinn. we brought him on to be QB coach which is highest asst outside of OC and DC coordinator..

I'd be extremely happy with that.

The Browns gave up on him WAAAAY too fast. Bizarrely so, IMO.

No clue why he didn't get more of a chance in Denver yet - but that would be awesome if we could steal him before the Broncos wise up.

I doubt seriously the price will be that high that it's not worth taking a flyer.

im not saying this is WHAT i want , im saying it strictly on facts about lee. he has taken over for cortez and was VERY likely to bring quinn to miami... their situation is similar to ours QB wise.. moore looked great down stretch but is he really a long term option if u cant get rg3 or luck which they wont.. if FO is not high on QB prospects which im hoping they arent, he may be best possible otpion via free agency cuz has starter skill set but never lived up to hype.. complete opposite of fitz.. who has zero talent just makes good decsions but just cant put ball where it needs to be consistently and makes some routine throws look too tough.. like it or not, this is gonna be a strong possibility cuz of Lee's love of quinn. we brought him on to be QB coach which is highest asst outside of OC and DC coordinator..

Are you certain he's a free agent?

3,832 yards, 62% completion ratio, 24TDs and 23 Ints.

You're right. The guy completely sucks balls.

:doh:

Inconsistent I will give you, but zero talent?

Oh, wait, were you talking about Quinn having zero talent? Then yes, I agree.

Not a big fan of Quinn, and would much rather draft a guy in the later rounds to try n develop. I thought we brought Lee in to work out more of the Wild cat with Brad Smith, and he has spent some time with Thiggy in Miami. (who i think is garbage) Maybe he could help Fitzy with his mechanics some.

I'd be open to a Quinn signing primarily because I completely buy into the idea that 1st-round QBs win championships the most. Not saying Quinn will ever amount to anything, but I don't think anyone can say he's had a fair shake yet either. Alex Smith taking seven years to "develop" should be case and point about the possibility Quinn can muster a career...Just needs the right system.

And would it really matter if it's Thigpen or Quinn backing up Fitz for now?

Not a big fan of Quinn, and would much rather draft a guy in the later rounds to try n develop. I thought we brought Lee in to work out more of the Wild cat with Brad Smith, and he has spent some time with Thiggy in Miami. (who i think is garbage) Maybe he could help Fitzy with his mechanics some.

I suspect our qb coach will work with more than our WR and backup. I assume there's a lot more focus on fitz. In fact his career has been based on 90% qb coaching and 10% wildcat, realistically.

I don't think this off season is going to involve bringing in another quarterback. Fitz signed an extension, and Thigpen signed for 3 years if I remember correctly. Thigpen is Gaileys guy from his days in KC. I'm sorry guys, but I don't see a QB change or addition this year.

Im sorry, I dont speak jive.