David Lee, new QB coach

QB Bills

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been hired, according to Mort..

anyone know anything about this guy?

David Lee Roth has been hired by the Bills? Awesome!!!

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/1/12/2701869/buffalo-bills-courting-david-lee-for-coaching-staff-per-report

"Lee spent 2011 as the offensive coordinator at Ole Miss, and was most recently in the NFL as the quarterbacks coach of the Miami Dolphins for three seasons. There, he was widely credited for introducing the "Wildcat" offense to the NFL, a look that he picked up at Arkansas."

Some people blamed Hennes regression on him. That said, as others have said, its possible Henne just sucked. Gues we'll see.

Side note: I think Chad Pennington would make a fantastic QB coach.

He was also the guy who engineered Miami's Wildcat.

Curtis Modkins count thy prayers?

Chad Henne, lol.

Some people blamed Hennes regression on him. That said, as others have said, its possible Henne just sucked. Gues we'll see.

Side note: I think Chad Pennington would make a fantastic QB coach.

Can we credit him with Moore's resurgence then?

Honest question:

What does a QB coach do?

Will he be the one to help with Fitz's mechanics? Or are there other guys on staff to do that?

Because unless he can do that, I'm not sure what benefit having another expert schemer on our staff will wield. Between Gailey and Fitz, we have plenty of mental power. Fitz knows when and where to put the ball. He's an excellent passer, a below average thrower. We need someone to rectify the latter.

Edited by The Big Cat

Honest question:

What does a QB coach do?

Will he be the one to help with Fitz's mechanics? Or are there other guys on staff to do that?

Because unless he can do that, I'm not sure what benefit having another expert schemer on our staff will wield. Between Gailey and Fitz, we have plenty of mental power. Fitz knows when and where to put the ball. He's an excellent passer, a below average thrower. We need someone to rectify the latter.

I would think that that is one of his jobs. And you can never have enough "Mental power"

This can be a good addition, should really help with Brad Smith since this guy was the one who brought the Wild Cat back to the NFL

This is a good hire. Someone who knows how to use the wildcat correctly, not simply have your QB run straight for a few yards every time!

So you mean exactly how they used it with Ronnie Brown? Straight up the middle with almost never a pass in sight?

From the other thread, he was being courted by the Jets, as well. So apparently, he chose the lowly Bills over the high flying Jets? Interesting; could the worm be turning?

Personally, I don't know if this is a good hire or not. But I really hope he can help Fitz work on his mechanics and thereby help improve his down field accurcy issues.

I don't think Fitz got injured - I think his mechanics just nosedived for some reason in the middle of the season. When that happened, passes started sailing and his pick total accelerated.

They need a coach to focus just on Fitz's mechanics, all season long (even during games, although it's nearly impossible to correct mechanical issues during games). Hopefully that's what this guy is being brought in to accomplish.

Honest question:

What does a QB coach do?

A QB coach usually helps the QB with mechanics, anywhere from their drop backs, footwork, and even ball security. They also coaches them through the playbook, i.e. where you should look to throw the ball depending on what coverage the defense is in.

I would think that that is one of his jobs. And you can never have enough "Mental power"

This can be a good addition, should really help with Brad Smith since this guy was the one who brought the Wild Cat back to the NFL

Man, I really hope this has nothing to do with why this guy was hired. Enough with the wildcat.